Video Playback Window live stage performance

Any way to make video display “clean”?

I like n-Track Studio's streamlined, no-nonsense design, and the price point is awesome.

From what I've seen so far, it would make a great live performance tool:
multitrack audio and MIDI playback, VST and DX effects and VSTi instrument hosting, and synchronized video playback.

However, if video playback isn't true “full screen” (no frame, no borders, no toolbar) to my secondary video output, it's no good for live projection, and little use to me.

The window's bottom control bar is always visible, even when the “full screen” button is engaged.
You can select “Hide title bar when window is maximized” by right-clicking the top title bar.
However, this has no affect on the lower bar, and I see no similar way to hide it.

Nothing about this in the documentation, on ntrack.com, or on forum.ntrack.com.

If the lower bar cannot be hidden, n-Track Studio is NOT usable for stage presentations.

A workaround would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise, I hope FAsoft will fix this in a future n-Track release.

All DAW applications and dedicated performance hosts have one limitation or another for live use:
too bloated and slow (Cakewalk Sonar), no video support (Cantabile Performer), no multitrack support (Chainer, Brainspawn Forte), too loop-centric (Ableton), etc.
There are also no plug-ins available for presentation video playback.

I know n-Track was designed from the ground-up for multitrack audio editing (I used the 4-track version in the 1990s, and I’m the guy that put n-Track on Wikipedia).
However, with some minor tweaks (clean video display and fast playlist switching), n-Track could easily become the dominant software in the exploding area of live performance hosting.

Hi, MediaTech. Contact Flavio.
http://ntrack.com/support.php

Are you talking about the task bar with the icons at the bottom of the screen you can’t get rid of?

PACO

Quote: (Paco572 @ Jul. 11 2010, 10:28 AM)

Are you talking about the task bar with the icons at the bottom of the screen you can't get rid of?

I'm not talking about the Windows Taskbar, of course.

I'm talking about the buttons, checkboxes, file path window, etc. at the bottom of the "Video Sync" window (View > Sync with Video), also referred to in the documentation as the "video playback window".

I see what your talking about now. I’m sure Flavio can add the feature your requesting if it’s not already included. Send him a PM or you the link provided by TonyR. He constantly improves this product including feature requests that are within reason. I’ve seen my own feature requests make it into the the program so don’t be shy, let him now what you want and I’m sure everything will done to make it happen.

PACO

Like living dangerously do we?

Vern

Quote: (MediaTech @ Jul. 10 2010, 5:12 PM)

I like n-Track Studio's streamlined, no-nonsense design, and the price point is awesome.

From what I've seen so far, it would make a great live performance tool:
multitrack audio and MIDI playback, VST and DX effects and VSTi instrument hosting, and synchronized video playback.

However, if video playback isn't true “full screen” (no frame, no borders, no toolbar) to my secondary video output, it's no good for live projection, and little use to me.

The window's bottom control bar is always visible, even when the “full screen” button is engaged.
You can select “Hide title bar when window is maximized” by right-clicking the top title bar.
However, this has no affect on the lower bar, and I see no similar way to hide it.

Nothing about this in the documentation, on ntrack.com, or on forum.ntrack.com.

If the lower bar cannot be hidden, n-Track Studio is NOT usable for stage presentations.

A workaround would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise, I hope FAsoft will fix this in a future n-Track release.

All DAW applications and dedicated performance hosts have one limitation or another for live use:
too bloated and slow (Cakewalk Sonar), no video support (Cantabile Performer), no multitrack support (Chainer, Brainspawn Forte), too loop-centric (Ableton), etc.
There are also no plug-ins available for presentation video playback.

I know n-Track was designed from the ground-up for multitrack audio editing (I used the 4-track version in the 1990s, and I'm the guy that put n-Track on Wikipedia).
However, with some minor tweaks (clean video display and fast playlist switching), n-Track could easily become the dominant software in the exploding area of live performance hosting.

Hi MediaTech,

please check if build 2604 works for you. The title bar and lower controls bar are now hidden in full screen mode.
To exit full-screen click on the video window and press Esc.
We plan to add some other improvements to the video-sync window in v6.1.

Flavio.

Hi Gents:

I’ve updated to b2804…
esc doesn’t seem to work for the setup I have…
However, the “Quick-key” that seems to work on this setup is F11… I’m using the F11 key as I write this reply…

The full screen is present now…
BUT…
when not in the n-Track window the Lower toolbar doesn’t “Hide” That’s O.K. (with me)
when not in n-Track…

Is that what you’re referring to?

:agree:

Bill…

Sorry…
not b2804…

Build 2604…

Then, to hide the lower task bar…
A right-click on the lower task bar opens the menu where the lower task bar can be “Locked-or-Unlocked”

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jul. 12 2010, 8:47 AM)

Hi Gents:

I've updated to b2804..
esc doesn't seem to work for the setup I have..
However, the "Quick-key" that seems to work on this setup is F11.. I'm using the F11 key as I write this reply..

The full screen is present now..
BUT...
when not in the n-Track window the Lower toolbar doesn't "Hide" That's O.K. (with me)
when not in n-Track..

Is that what you're referring to?

:agree:

Bill..

Bill,

I think you're referring to the full screen mode of the main n-Track window. The latest build full-screen mode fix is for the "View/Sync with Video" window.

Flavio.

Hi Everyone:

After I discovered the F11 key and played around with what I saw and replied to the thread I figured out that VPesdagoint was referring to something entirely different, in the topic he opened…
:;):

Sorry everyone…
I’m attempting to back-out as gracefully as I can…
:)
:laugh:
Checking both mirrors…
Blowing my horn…
:p
:laugh:
and watching…
Comm in back anyway…
Whoops…

Bill…

I've spent a huge amount of time researching and testing audio software over the last year.
I'm usually lucky to get any
response at all from software companies, and, when I do, it's usually some moronic boilerplate blow-off.

I wrote Flavio Antonioli about the video display toolbar issue, and, in less than 24 hours, he released a new n-Track
version with the problem fixed.

Does customer service get any better than that?

I am testing-out n-Track now.
So far I have encountered no new issues or gripes at all (which is unheard of).
Device
driver compatibility is ridiculously perfect.
The program is rock-stable so far - no hiccups, no hangs, no crashes (also
unheard of, yet mandatory for live use).
The more I use n-Track's interface design, the more I like it (it's similar
to Cakewalk Sonar, without all the craptastic bloat).

I've tried all the most popular DAW applications, and n-Track Studio is clearly the price-vs-performance winner for multitrack audio production.
It may well be the best at ANY price point.

Still a lot more testing to do to determine its suitability for live performance use, but it looks like my purchase of n-Track Studio is imminent.

Great job, Mr. Antonioli.

Hi, MediaTech. All good news.
Sounds like an interesting project. What kind of hardware and build will you be running n-Track on? Does ‘live’ mean ‘on tour’, or an installation in a live environment?
Keep us posted.

(Jump in. For this money, waddayuh godda looose?)