Voice Changing in n-Track

I’m a new user of n-Track and I’m really enjoying it. I want to record my voice and also record my voice as backup singers. Is there an effect or way to change my male voice to a female voice for use as backup singers? Or, if necessary, I can use a third–party effect like iZotope Nector, etc. I hope I can do it within n-Track. Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 Like

You can use the Pitch Shift effect to do something similar, i.e. if you shift by a whole octave the voice will sound much higher pitched but still in tune.
n-Track doesn’t currently include a plugin to shift the formant of the voice without changing the pitch.

Flavio.

Not YET!
But n-Track been getting so many upgrades I would not be surprised to see something like this come up.

Singing an octave below and pitch shifting up by an octave will probably sound too unnatural.
The poor man’s way to do this with the builtin pitch shifter:
Make a scrap mix with everything pitched down by, say, 5 half steps. Then sing along, recording your normal voice. Then pitch that up by 5 half steps and mix it with the original. It will sound like someone with a higher voice.
You can repeat in the other direction, and by different amounts.

That’s actually pretty clever, thank you

Thanks, billm, that’s a great idea. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks again!

You can do it with IZotope, but if you want to really get good sound you probably need Melodyne. In IZotope the harmonized never really sounded right to me , not much clarity and to my ear more of an effect the vocals, but it works. Melodyne will take you voice and use it to create a true harmony by referencing the notes in the scale of the key you are using. The IZotope uses set intervals that may not always be a true harmony.

Hi bax3,

Thanks for the feedback. I’m sure you are correct. I have Melodyne, and I intend to start using it immediately. Thanks again!

songman787

If you don’t mind, please share your experiences with creating the harmony or other processes.

bax3, sorry it took a long time to reply. Here is a list of voice changers and harmonizers organized by price. Many of the voice changers are free and there is one reasonably priced harmonizer. My favorite voice changer is not free but it is really low-priced and that’s the Graillon Vocal Live Changer for $29.

Voice Changers

IRCAM Trax
Price: $399.00

AV Voice Changer
Price: $99.95

MorphVox
Price: Free, Pro – $39.99

Graillon Vocal Live Changer
Price Free, Full, $29
https://www.auburnsounds.com/products/Graillon.html

Voxal Voice Changer
Free
https://www.nchsoftware.com/voicechanger/index.html

Voicemod
Price: Free

Clownfish
Price: Free

In addition to Melodyne and Izotope Nector, here are some other harmonizers. The coolest one is Mu Voice but it’s really expensive at $329. You can get great results from the cheapest one on the list, the MHarmonizerMB from Melda Production for $58. Another really good one is the Vielklang 2 for $155.22

Harmonizers

Mu Voice from Mu Technologies
Price: $329
http://www.mu-technologies.com/

Harmony Engine from Antares
Price: $249

Elastique Pitch V2 from Zplane
Price: $194.35

Vielklang 2 Instant Harmony from Zplane
Price: $155.22

MHarmonizerMB from Melda Production
Price: $58

You’ll find overview and tutorial videos on the home pages or YouTube. Have fun changing your voice and making harmony!