Wave file image not displayed

I have been trying out versions of the current builds. I deleated the npk files when I changed from a version 7 build to a version 6 build. Normally, ( I thought) n_Track rebuilds the wave file image when a wav file is reloaded. I have 14 tracks and about half of them are only showing partical images or no image of the wave forms at all. That makes editing with envelopes ( my preferred method) difficult.
Is there a way to force n_Track to redraw the wave forms?
Bax

I found this happened as well but I just sat a waited and eventually the wave forms were built. You could just start another .sng file and import the files, however I suspect you’d loose any editing already done if you start fresh. Try just importing them to new tracks on the current project then copy and paste your volume nodes??. That’s what I would try.

Thanks for your input by the way on my other problem, I’m glad it was just a transpose issue and not something more global. I was really in a panic, just like a bee landing inside the car when I’m driving…LOOK OUT!!

Flavio cares and I’m happy to get his help.

PACO

Quote: (bax3 @ Apr. 26 2012, 4:11 PM)

I have been trying out versions of the current builds.
I deleated the npk files when I changed from a version 7 build to a version 6 build.
Normally, ( I thought) n_Track rebuilds the wave file image when a wav file is reloaded.
I have 14 tracks and about half of them are only showing partical images or no image of the wave forms at all.
That makes editing with envelopes ( my preferred method) difficult.
Is there a way to force n_Track to redraw the wave forms?
Bax

Hi Bax,

the command to force the refresh is Settings -> Refresh View -> Recalculate Waveforms.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Flavio.

I knew there was a way to refresh - just could not remember how. I used the Setting > Refresh > Windows Waveforms and they all redrew.
I had already discovered a work around based on Paco’ suggestion. This might be of use to some others who just want to Clone settings from track to track:
For my problem - I edited the tracks in Sound Forge and renamed them. I imported them to a new track in n_Track
For anyone wanting to copy settings from track to track: I used the Track > Clone feature to clone everything except the audio - that got me all of the envelope editing I had done (volumes and pans.) Lots of great features in this n_Track program! :agree:
Bax