Wave Files Mysteriously Disappear

disappear after minimizing/maximizing se

When I minimize the program to do something else, and then come back and maximize the program, all my wave form displays disappear. The song still plays, but I cannot get the waves to display again. I have had the program recalculate the wave forms, as well as refreshing. Any help? Thanks!

Hi,

What do you see? Any chance of a screenshot?

Try “View”–>“Timeline”.

X

That’s been happening to me and my set-up sense the bata versions/builds of v5 No one else can replicate this issue… Not even Flavio… My work-around for this is to make sure you don’t have the view-all-song icon depressed before you minimise n-Track … I have post screen shots of this several times… In fact I’ll post one here on this thread… You are the only other n-Track user to have seen this… My set-up is Intel P-111’s and P-4 DAW’s… Here’s what happens with my set-ups…

The Timeline is playing and the meters are responding to the tracks but no wave images are on the timeline…

If you look at the "View-all-Song icon… you’ll see that it is “ON” "depressed ON… If you remove the “On” and revert to “OFF” before the n-Track desk is minimized then after the n-track desk is maximized the wave files will appear on the timeline… I can’t remember what my workaround is… But I don’t have to close n-track and reopen n-Track to get the .sng files to appear…

Bill…

[EDIT]
The “FIX” for this issue is… And I stand corrected on this command… is… Have Flavio repair the “View-All_Song” icon to a “DEFAULT” Normally OFF position of that icon… If the button is depressed, then removing the cursor from the button will default the Button/icon to… NOT BEING DEPRESSED… Cursoring away from that button will always leave the button in the “OFF” position…

Bill…

wow. Its really that rare? Only us 2!

Thanks for the response. Ironically for me, its been happening since 4.2 or 4.3 or whatever it was. I have two computers, one a laptop and the other a desktop and it does the same thing on both.

SOMETIMES it will give me one track out of however many I’m doing but the track will be superminimized and I can’t get even that track to expand to its normal size. And it only shows the bottom track, no matter how many tracks I’m doing. The only way I’ve been able to work around it is to save it constantly and revert back to the latest saved version.

You guys need to buy lotto tickets, NOW! :D

Seriously, I have tried and tried and I can’t duplicate this behavior on either of my machines. Go figure…

D