Way to go Edmonton Oilers

Congradulations Edmonton, for beating San Jose in triple overtime and playing at a level we know your capable of.

Shame on you over-payed Ottawa Senators. Your up Shit’s Creek now. Sign up more Canadian players next time.

Ottawa just had an injury problem: the Dominator. They’d be making life hard for the Sabres if he were in the game. On the othe hand, the Sabres are playing really well. :)

Triple OT! I confess I didn not stay up for that! :D

Ye syou are correct there Tom. Avery really sucks. Oh no he’s a Canandian too. or is he American.

Edmonton…Hockey…gotcha… I’m so old that when I see Oilers I still think Houston and Warren Moon. What can I say? Some things never change. :)

Quote (StuH @ May 11 2006,13:25)
Ye syou are correct there Tom. Avery really sucks. Oh no he's a Canandian too. or is he American.

Emery? He's from Cuyuga, Ontario.

edit: CAYuga. sorry. :)

News flash: Hasek may be back in net tonight. :O

CANES! :D

I just had to bump this up - way to go Oilers! :)

Now they have to get rid of that stupid Disney team, and then after Buffalo takes care of the Hurricanes, we’ll have quite a final! :D

Well good for the Edmonton fans too.

After having the Canadian anthem booed in San Hose for game 5, the Edmonton fans enthusiastically cheered during the singing of the American anthem for game 6.

An absolute display of class.

MeanWhile…In the world of Real sports…

The Suns take on the Clippers tonight. A Suns win tonight will advance them in the playoffs…A loss and they will have to play another game in this exciting series. The last game was a double overtime nail biter.

Will tonights game be as entertaining?..Stay in your seats…the game is starting… :p

Well…the Suns blew it. The Clippers were pretty organized and played well. The Suns were a mess and didn’t get it together until the end…when it was too late.

One more game to go…

KingFish

So why have you desicrated such a shrine to the magnificant sport of hockey, with your driblling, quibling discussion of 8 foot tall skinny dudes throwing a big ball through a hoop. Woooohooooo.

Shame on you. Now for your transgressions, we exhault a miserable plague upon you. We will send the Raptors to an American city.

Quote (StuH @ May 18 2006,13:32)
So why have you desicrated such a shrine to the magnificant sport of hockey, with your driblling, quibling discussion of 8 foot tall skinny dudes throwing a big ball through a hoop. Woooohooooo.

Shame on you. Now for your transgressions, we exhault a miserable plague upon you. We will send the Raptors to an American city.

A: 'cuz Tom did it to me!

B: 'cuz you have 2 Teles and need the agrivation!

3: The Raptors! Ha! :p

KingFish
Quote (StuH @ May 18 2006,20:25)
Well good for the Edmonton fans too.

After having the Canadian anthem booed in San Hose for game 5, the Edmonton fans enthusiastically cheered during the singing of the American anthem for game 6.

An absolute display of class.

I couldn't agree more!

Kingfish - what the #### are you talking about anyway?

(kidding!) :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Kingfish - what the #### are you talking about anyway?

You brought up Hockey in my Basketball thread so I thought I’d bring up Basketball in the Hockey thread!

KingFish

No, no, no, no, the asymmetry is totally justified. You are NOT ALLOWED to bring up basketball in a hockey thread, but we are OBLIGATED to bring it up in a basketball thread. It’s like religion, see…

:)

Anyway, I predict that the Oilers will sweep the team-which-shall-not-be-named.

To #### with you all…
I’m takeing my tin can out on the street tomorrow and I’m gonna kick IT around. That’s if it doesn’t rain…

My team sucked-and-lost… So threre…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Anyway, I predict that the Oilers will sweep the team-which-shall-not-be-named.

Isn’t sweeping something you do in the game of Curling?

Git yer sports right! :p

KingFish

Ah, curling, now there is a sport worth something. :)

Anyway, one down and three to go for that sweep!

Hey Bill - were you pulling for the Sens? Buffalo is pretty much an honorary Canadian town, you know… :D