what's poppa talkin' 'bout?

here’s some of what pops has been doing. you can do an A/B comparison and see for yourself:
‘snows of cheyenne’ vs. 'snows of cheyenne (remix)'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=779674

i’m extremely happy and proud with what the old coot sorcerer was able to conjur. any currency directed in appreciation should go directly to him. he’ll need it to buy the missus a housewarming/welcome home gift today.

Now that’s country! Excellent! I don’t know what he’s talkin about, he’s a mad genuis!

Love that song!

I do both kinds of music.

Country and Western. :D

Oh right, I forgot, like the Blues Brother movie, We have country and western- well I’m a city slicker, what do I know??

Heh - here in Flint we have both kinds - classic rock and metal.

On second thought, maybe it’s both kinds, rap and hip hop.

On the drive to Denver last week my son played me some great hip hop - Gold Digga by Kanye West stood out - that kid is talented. Some great recordings. My favorite of all though was the Drive-By Truckers - I dunno - they could be somethin’.

I’m streaming the Lo-Fi version…
It’s tough to listen at any Hi-Fi Version with a dialup and modem…

Am I correct?
Does Poppa Willis use the Har-Bal Harmonic Analizer/Balancer?

Bill…

I coughed up a hair ball once - that count?

In a manner I do mix by what I see probably more than what I hear. And to see the sound I’ve found some more visual plug ins of late, which is the heart of Hal-Bal - the visual of it.

I like to be able to slide a control over a band and read what it is I am changing over listening. Ears can fool you - eyes and numbers decrease that to a minimum. In fact I’d rather type it in, than slide a controller.

Hi Poppa Willis:

I had to re-install and load this P-111
back in the summer…
I’m just now gearing this machine up to do some serious editing…
I can’t wail to get out in the studio and get some repro equipment out there…
I just reloaded the Har-Bal utility on this machine…
However, I couldn’t find the latest version
v2.3 rev. 3…
I wrote Paavio some mail on his Board asking for a link to that version…
After all was said-and-done… I had that version on another drive… (but not installed) I was unable to find the CD that I wrote the Har-Bal files on…
Anyway, after trading some replies back-and-forth I now have v2.3 loaded on this machine…

My organizational abilities suffer, Big Time…

After having the analyzer for more than three years I believe that v2.3 and v2.2 (the earlier version) has exactly what you refer to.
I need to spend some serious time and learn what all the Balancer is capable of…

I think this analyzer is at-or-near the top of the heap in it’s ability to prepare individual tracks and sweetin’ing two track mixes as well…

Sorry, john doe’s evil twin and the Board members for Hi-Jacking and moving O.T. on this thread…
It’s a New Year’s Resolution that I’m gonna work on and try to stay away from doing that…

After streaming “‘snows of cheyenne’ vs. ‘snows of cheyenne (remix)’” I think that is the utility that Poppa Willis leaned on to separate the tracks and provide Room-and-Space for the instruments and tracks on the Re-mix…

After posting on the Har-Bal Board I hear the Paavio has been working on The Analyzer and a updated version may be in the works for Mid-Year/2009…

Bill…

Loved the original…remix is perfect!! :agree:

I don’t know, your’s is a lot brighter.
Nothin against PW’s brilliance!
Hey Jason I almost lost my fav cowboy hat in Cheyenne Wy 2 days ago.
Someone said the wind was blowing 100 mph in Denver but up in Cheyenne where I know it was blowin over 60mph I jumped down from my truck. (my hat is practically glued on) And the wind knocked it off my head and down through a Mc’Donalds parking lot then across a street and field up against a snow fence.
And like a fool I started chasing it!
200 hundred yards downwind.
Was a breeze with my speed!
The sad part was walkin 200 yrds back against the wind out of breath from running after the hat!
Wondered if I would ever catch my breath!
Cool song my friend!
And beautiful country.
:agree:
Levi

it is beautiful country. thanks all for the kind comments, and for Tommy’s wonderful work.

just hearin’ about someone running (or even walking) 200 yds. makes me jealous. one of these days, though, i’ll be back on track, back to work…in a truck…eesh.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jan. 03 2009, 12:39 PM)

just hearin' about someone running (or even walking) 200 yds. makes me jealous.
one of these days, though, i'll be back on track, back to work...in a truck...eesh.

eesh? Like in big rig? Yea, eesh! Hey Jason I don't mean to pry but why are you not walkin?
I remember hearing you mention pain meds and 2 moons over Utah? You ok good'buddy?
Levi

Good old Poppa!

Nice new mandolin part too :;): :laugh:

I’m working on it! tomorrow is the day! Kids will be back in school! family will be all gone! I will have some real time to play well, unlike my normal MO. I promise, or you can come to my house and give me what fer!

I’m just outside of Flint now on my cell - Your house is my next stop buddy!

:laugh:

well, levi,
not quite big rig. mid-sized delivery trucks (24 ft.). developed acute and severe sciatica. had it for a month with little to no impairment, then Dec. 1 everything went haywire.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 04 2009, 1:46 PM)

I'm just outside of Flint now on my cell - Your house is my next stop buddy!

:laugh:

Listen to ya, soundin like a trucker. Have you flipped your wig or someting? That is a wig that you wear right? Who in his right mind would want to go to flint? sheesh :laugh:
Just kiddin, flint is beautiful :laugh:
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jan. 04 2009, 2:06 PM)

well, levi,
not quite big rig.
mid-sized delivery trucks (24 ft.).
developed acute and severe sciatica.
had it for a month with little to no impairment, then Dec. 1 everything went haywire.

Darn Jason sorry about all of that. And it's winter to make it even worse, bummer.
Hey, music is a cure all! And you do it very well! Just keep writing, your music makes us feel good. That should make you feel pretty good too.
Lev