What are you all working on this weekend?

In Buffalo, NY for a dance performance last weekend… In Lima, OH for a dance performance this weekend. Got a band gig Saturday night after the dance performance. Then, I hope to spend a good amount of quality time with some cable, a patch panel and my soldering iron. I also picked up a dbx Driverack 260 and I need to get it calibrated and setup with my rig. That ought to be another few hours gone.

Nuttin’… ain’t doin’ nuttin’… again… :)

D

Bring your soldering iron by… I’ll put you to work. :p

I got some rake’n and shovel’n to do… and It ain’t snow… Bring a 3" paint brush too… :p :laugh: We can talk "Track’n… while we’re doin all that…

Hey… Hurrican Buryle is blow’n up the coast… It’s commin ashore now…

Bill…

Quote (Bubbagump @ July 21 2006,13:08)
Bring your soldering iron by... I'll put you to work. :p

I have experience at that Bubba... Tell you what. You send me 200 bux for the gas money and... :D

D

Tomorrow I get to begin work on a new studio space, about 2.5m by 3m high by 7 meters long, with one long brick wall for an extra bouncy sound! Oh. lordy, have I got my work cut out for me! :p

'til next time;
tw

Finally starting a two week vacataion. Remixing some far tones songs (cause they need it). Getting ready for a friend from Norway to stop off in Redmond for a few days (way cool).

BUT…Cool happenigs don;t mean cool days. The heat hit us big time today. It was 106 in Redmond unofficially according to the the weather channel website (I saved a screen shot while at work). That’s unheard of for this part of the state…We don’t have AC at home because it never really get too warm here for very long. At least the humidity is low.

It’s been brutal weather right across the continent… We waited all winter for some comfortable weather and now we have to tolerate this heat and humidity… What next?

I’ve felt 105-106 heat… I’m not equipped for that kind of heat… I think it’s rare for your corner of the country to get that kind of weather… Good thing, it’s dry heat… Over here the water is boiling… As soon as the sun goes down the fog banks blow in… No chance of anything drying out…

Bill…

its already the next weeknd now,

Quote (wozz @ July 22 2006,21:06)
its already the next weeknd now,,,

Dang, how did that happen?

OK, so what's up thsi weekend for y'all? :)

Vacation!!!

laid back kinda weekend,made 5 tables,rustic/log kinda things,hada bench started since april,that was the last time i had time,or wanted to take time to work on it again,got that out while tables were dryin up with glue and whatever,would come in from time to time an record a couple tracks,remove them to recycle bin an do it again,all this while traveling interstate 420,what a trip,

Well, wozz, I am no genius with wood, no cabinet maker or whatever, but I have to post my weekend project when it is all done. I have this old sears silvertone amp I pulled from a Thomas “organ” - really a glorified magna chord or whatever they were called with the vacuum cleaner motors blowing on reeds in them - anyway, this model had a sears amp reinforcement, found it at the local junk store for 25 bucks a year and a half ago - finally found the perfect box to put it in - a box used to import wine from France from 1966. It is now my “wine” box (get it? “whine”?) :)

Not quite done with it, but already my wife thinks it is hilarious. :)

So…how do you record, make tables, and drive the interstate all at the same time?

im no yankee workshop either,but when ya make “far out furnishings”.ya dont have to be,i go out in the back 40 grab some rotting piece of sh!t pine laying on the ground,bring it back to the crib and take a right angle grinder to it and maybe a tennon cutt or two,join together with some of the said above ,slather a finsih on and call it good,them guys from illinois who have the vacation crib here love em man,benches,tables,pet memorials,you name it i can make it,lol,
how long ya been outa mad town tom,dont ya remember thats madisons fav pastime,including the mayor,takin a stroll down 420 while contemplatin yer next move…

3 gigs, lots of soldering… and maybe some sleep.

What blows me away these days is how cheap power tools seem to be. You can get a half assed shop set up in your basement now for under two grand.

Wozz what is a tennon cut and can I do it with a chainsaw?

a tennon cutter is a cone/bell shaped tool that fits into a 1/2 inch drill and makes a cone shaped cut on the end of a log, so ya gotta perfectly round 1anda 1/2 inch by 4 anda 1/2 inchshaft that flairs out into a cone shape. i have a 1 anda 1/2 inch tennon cutter,so my “cones” are exactly that wide,then ya shoot a hole @1 and 1/2 and that tennon fits in the hole perfect,use them to connect logs
http://www.leevalley.com/images…1s3.jpg

i just gotta husky365 special,and im diggin it ,had many a new chainsaw over the years,but nuthin like this ,its got some ummpppffff to it man,yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa

Quote (wozz @ July 23 2006,20:33)
how long ya been outa mad town tom,dont ya remember thats madisons fav pastime,including the mayor,takin a stroll down 420 while contemplatin yer next move…

Much too long.

Good god, it’s been 14 years.