What PC Should I download N-Track On?

Memory

I’m now a big fan of N Track…I have 3 computers…I would Like to download ver 6 on my laptop but I know there’s only 384MB -Ram with 280 GHZ of hard drive…I have been using this laptop for the trial version It shut down when I add corrus (effect) sounds like IT MAY NEED SOME memory.
How difficult Is It to add more memory In my laptop?? Its a HP and I’m kinda handy …I see memory for sale at future shop…can some one give me some tips on this…do you just plug the memory In?..and which one Is best for recording?

Daner

Just a small phillips screw driver - take old out put new in - may be an empty slot for new though - go one gig at least. What other pooterz you got?

Being a laptop you might have to get some special memory that Future Shop might not carry. Make sure it’s compatible and it’s easy as what Poppa says.

I doubt the shut down be because of a lack of memory though. The symptom of a lack of memory would more than likely be sluggishness. Chrous doesn’t require a lot of extra memory.

How are the drivers doing on that machine – both audio and video?

It is pretty simple to add memory to a laptop - however, check the specs, many laptops are limited in the amount of memory that they can handle. If it came with that little on board, chances are it will only take 500 tops.
As far as hard drive space, a 7200 spendle speed external USB or Firewire hard drive will do the job.
Bax

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 01 2008, 7:35 PM)

Just a small phillips screw driver - take old out put new in - may be an empty slot for new though - go one gig at least. What other pooterz you got?

OK ,I can do that...but how do I know what the memory looks like?...I should be a card of some sort...I was going to see If I can get a 2 Gig for It.
The other pc,s are HP,S 1.5 GIG XP + Vista 3 Gig (hP)

I hope N Track will work Ok on the laptop...what do you guys normally use towers or laptops?

Thanks for the tips

D
Quote: (phoo @ Sep. 01 2008, 7:42 PM)

Being a laptop you might have to get some special memory that Future Shop might not carry. Make sure it's compatible and it's easy as what Poppa says.

I doubt the shut down be because of a lack of memory though. The symptom of a lack of memory would more than likely be sluggishness. Chrous doesn't require a lot of extra memory.

How are the drivers doing on that machine -- both audio and video?

This HP Laptop came from future shop 3 yrs old....I hope they have at least a gig for a upgrade or I wont bother with the memory

Drivers...Oh boy...what are drivers...as far as I know there ok ,they cam with the laptop

maybe Its shutting down because Its the trial version?...Or could It be the laptop just wont handle It
Quote: (bax3 @ Sep. 01 2008, 10:12 PM)

It is pretty simple to add memory to a laptop - however, check the specs, many laptops are limited in the amount of memory that they can handle.
If it came with that little on board, chances are it will only take 500 tops.
As far as hard drive space, a 7200 spendle speed external USB or Firewire hard drive will do the job.
Bax

Hey Bax thanks for the help once again...where do I find the specs? I will call Future shop and give them the details and ask them How large of a memory I can go

If I download the true N Track will I be able to switch It to my other Pc If It gives me trouble?...When I tryed to load the trial version On the 3 gig vista It poped a error says a setting was wrong In the sound card...thats what scared me from the vista...but I will check out the external hard drive...do they just plug In a usb port?

D

The more you get into it Daner - the more you will most likely want to have a dedicated PC for recording. Some machines have limits on how much memory they’ll handle - if you buy for a particular machine - the old will look like the new one you have in your hot little hand.

Once you buy n-Track you will be sent registration codes. This will let you download to other machines and type in your codes.

Get into it and enjoy. Oh and watch out for a guy named Diogenes here in the forum. All he does is piss and moan…

Quote:

Oh and watch out for a guy named Diogenes here in the forum. All he does is piss and moan...

and he's darn GOOD at it too! I gots me a certificate to prove it!

D

You’re certified alright… :agree:

LOL…

D

For memory you can -
Go to this web-site.

CRUCIAL MEMORY

You can choose to have your laptop scanned for memory type,

Under 'SCAN MY SYSTEM’

or use the 'Memorry advisory tool’

which let’s you input Manufacturer, Product Line and Model.

Daner, one of the best places to find anything is on the web. Do a search for the brand and model of your computer and read the specs carefully.
Usually, changing or adding memory is considered something the consumer can do and instructions will be somewhere in the users manual (usually but probably not always.)

Diogenes, you would be a really problem if you were not correct so often. Cut it out! Without pacifists their would be no one to dominate! :laugh:

Quote:

Diogenes, you would be a really problem if you were not correct so often.

Believe me Bax... I wouldn't be such a PITA if everything worked 100%! :laugh:

D
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 02 2008, 7:50 AM)

The more you get into it Daner - the more you will most likely want to have a dedicated PC for recording. Some machines have limits on how much memory they'll handle - if you buy for a particular machine - the old will look like the new one you have in your hot little hand.

Once you buy n-Track you will be sent registration codes. This will let you download to other machines and type in your codes.

Get into it and enjoy. Oh and watch out for a guy named Diogenes here in the forum. All he does is piss and moan...

Hey guys thanks a ton for the tips and support...And your right about having a dedicated set up just for recording...I just got registered and I have It loaded on the 3 Gig Vista and It Is working real fine...I figured out how to use those headphones properly now,there was a button to switch head phones only on the MW12 mixer...Yee haa :D
I haven't read the manual right through just having too much fun here but I will download It a go through It.
I now have a CD recorded playing the acoustic,lead track and vocals...the basics are going real easy for me...and I will have some more questions as I get Into It with the effects and all the other bells and whistles.
This N Track Is the best program I have ever used :agree: ...what a relief from Cubase le.
watch the record stores for a guy named Daner singen about chickens...I gota go ...I have songs to write :)
Quote: (bax3 @ Sep. 02 2008, 10:19 AM)

Daner, one of the best places to find anything is on the web.
Do a search for the brand and model of your computer and read the specs carefully.

Usually, changing or adding memory is considered something the consumer can do and instructions will be somewhere in the users manual (usually but probably not always.)

Diogenes, you would be a really problem if you were not correct so often.
Cut it out!
Without pacifists their would be no one to dominate!
:laugh:

Bax Your right...and I did that...checked It out on the Tube...looks to be real easy.
Thanks for your assistance since day one :)

Daner

I’ll back everybody up till their nose bleeds… :p :p :laugh: