Where the sun shines

darn near every day.

Man, it’s rained one week strait.
Over 10" here in Dallas since last Thursday.
It was supposed to clear out today but the merteroligests say the system has stalled and is backing up, yaaa :disagree:
lol Wow I feel sorry for you guys east and a little north of Dallas!

To any of you intellectual scientific types.
Rain clouds, or just clouds in general are the result of a chemical reaction right?
Is it possible for man to make clouds?
NOT from a typical peace pipe.
But I mean, is it possible?
I know that we can seed clouds but to make them larger or make them appear in the sky at all?
Thinking this might be a way to beat global warming.
If we could make huge cloud making generators.
Put one in every county of every state of every country on earth. And say turn them on every 3rd week of every month lol
Hey who knows it might be a possibility.
Seems to me it’s a matter of temperature and moisture?
I don’t mean for making rain I mean for making shade.
A little rain wouldn’t hurt.
Any input would be amusing I’m sure! Whoever said that talking about the weather was a conversation stopper? Well that’s my scientific thought for this yr.
See ya on the rebound!
:D

We’re cooling off over here…
We are forcast frost overnight… It’s all over but the cold weather…

Bill…

Levi - how goes it?
Short answer - If you can think it, and have the cash - it can be done! :laugh:
We just got finished with a week of continuous rain along the mid-atlantic. Suprisingly though, no major flooding.

:cool: Yea a little cash can usually get it done 7 :agree:
Sounds cool Bill!
:laugh: I mean cold!
ugh!

I read somewhere that if we all coated our roofs in aluminum foil, or at least painted them white, then we could re-radiate a significant amount of solar radiation back into space.

I don’t know how true that is, but if you think of all the man-made structures on this planet, it must add up to quite a lot.

And adding that idea to Levi’s; if we painted all the tops of the clouds white too, then that would be better still. ???

You’re right…

Over here when a coating of snow covers the ground, it can very well be the covering of snow that will be on the ground for the remainder of the winter season…
The snow reflects the sun’s energy back to the atmosphere…
No heat gets into the ground…

There’s nothing worse than back-to-back snow storms…
:)
:p
:laugh:

Bill…

And one of the crazier ideas is to put a whole bunch of little reflective bits out in space between us and the sun. Of course, if they got wiped out then we’d have a lot of sunlight really fast and since we wouldn’t have taken care of the stuff that’s causing the warming in the first place, it would mean our quick extinction. I think the same criticism could be made of reflective roofs, and that really we just need to go carbon neutral.

You need to make some popcorn and turn the lights out for this movie!
“Airplain dump falling on our heads”

I can’t believe I wasted 7 minutes of my life watching that crap… good grief…

D

Thanks D - I owe ya thanks for saving me the time.

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Sep. 17 2009, 9:45 PM)

I can't believe I wasted 7 minutes of my life watching that crap... good grief...

D

Yeah it's all silliness here.
What you thing we were serious?
:laugh: Thought maybe the line about shutting out the lights and the popcorn would have clued you in a little. Damn you wasted 7 mins, what's this world coming to lol

You know dubious, I was watchin Jim Carry in that movie “The Mask” for a little while tonight and I thought, damn that reminds me of Dubious! :laugh: You aren’t related to Jim Carry by any chance are ya?

Quote:

You know dubious, I was watchin Jim Carry in that movie "The Mask" for a little while tonight and I thought, damn that reminds me of Dubious! You aren't related to Jim Carry by any chance are ya?

That's funny. I was watching 'Mask' with Cher and I was thinking the same thing.
Of course D was the Sam Elliot character.

…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
…the sky is falling …
:laugh:

:laugh: :agree:

the sky is falling…some kinda liquid…you get wet standing in it…well fer that last 3 days here anyways.