Wife buys Addictive drums

Even better… n “knows” you are inserting a virtual instrument because that’s the command you chose right? Why not assign the output of the generated track to the darn instrument automatically?

If you insert a generic MIDI track, a little left-side menu to quickly choose the output would be cool.

D

PS Please forgive me if some this works already… I haven’t ran n for some time now. I’ll be getting a V6 license soon I hope. Maybe I won’t “talk” outta my butt and stab at my fading memory so much!

Tried what you said kevin & it all checks out normal.
In MIDI devices I have tried using everything listed to no avail.
For what it’s worth these are:
MIDI INPUT MIDI OUTPUT

MP401 MIDI MAPPER
Delta AP MIDI Delta AP MIDI (default)
MP401
Microsoft Wavetable synth

The only 2 things in PATHS were the Wave Editor & Soundcard’s mixer path which are both the way they’ve always been.

Poppa Willis, I am using ntrack version4. I’ve got MIDI settings under Preferences from which I access MIdI Devices but nothing in it looks relevant to the problem eg: MIDI file sync, MIDI events shown in timeline,Timer to use. I’ve fiddled with them anyway but no change.

jetboy

What’s your address? I’ll send a tech. :p

Hey, if we get free techs, i can supply you with my address as well! (is the good looking female tech still available?)
Bax

I hate to tell you this guys but it was a Cubase user who sorted me out!
I cant tell you what he did because I lost track after we found the MIDI file I’d downloaded & was using to test it all was duff, & we connected my son’s drum machine from his electronic kit into ntrack.
I may never get the hang of this MIDI thing.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

jetboy

Just glad you got it sorted out… I had pretty much run out of ideas.