Yodeling lesson

4u

Will there be a lesson 2?
There is one but will I post it?
I really doubt it :laugh:
LESSION 1

I always wondered how they do it -and now I know.

Thinking some of the new wav artists hinted at yodeling back in the 80’s? I remember (way back when) when my xwifiepoo added a little yodel flair to her singin lol she has an awesome voice and didn’t need any extra frills, I thought it was amusing. But the young are always trying to prove that they have arrived.

I think this instructor said she did it in octives but that doesn’t sound at all like an octave to me. More like a 3rd?

Master Yodeller…Thijs Van Leer
:)

Focus

Eyup!

By 'eck that takes me back.

I saw a live concert on the telly back in the 70’s and during and extended version of “Janis” Jan Akkermann broke a string and replaced it whilst still playing. The only note he missed was the one when the string actually broke.

He’s shite at yodelling though.

Steve

Quote: (Beefy Steve @ Oct. 30 2009, 10:40 AM)

Eyup!

By 'eck that takes me back.

I saw a live concert on the telly back in the 70's and during and extended version of "Janis" Jan Akkermann broke a string and replaced it whilst still playing. The only note he missed was the one when the string actually broke.

He's shite at yodelling though.

Steve

Of course.......If he'd played for 'YES', he could have gone into the back room, replaced the string, had a beer, porked a groupie, and been back on stage before the next note was due :whistle:

Yodel Contest of some sort going on now:
http://yodelstudio.yahoo.com/us/

Quote: (pingcat @ Oct. 30 2009, 12:32 PM)

Yodel Contest of some sort going on now:
http://yodelstudio.yahoo.com/us/

Hey that's great Pingcat!
Wondering if we can get Spreader and TomS to go for it?
Now wouldn't that be a hoot and a holler?!? :laugh: What do you say Briffie every yodle?
I can imagine Tommy Willis yodeling while he mixes his homemade wine!
:whistle: :laugh: to funny!
Quote: (Bruffie @ Oct. 30 2009, 6:07 AM)

Master Yodeller.....Thijs Van Leer
:)

Focus

Oh yeah! That's goin back in time isn't it! Good band, love that drummer! Cozzy Coe! <--SS

Thanks for reminding me Levi - time to bottle this summer’s wines! Yodel-ady-who?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 30 2009, 1:18 PM)

Thanks for reminding me Levi - time to bottle this summer's wines! Yodel-ady-who?

:D Hey bud Ange doin her beehive sessions has me thinkin that I want to do a version of King Bee, and hope that you would like to do the lead vocal on it.
Want to give it a go?
Maybe Jason could do fretless bass part. BASSED ON SLIM HARPOS ARRANGEMENT Change young and able to Strong and able ;)
If you get time and if your upto it.
Do a big bunch of loops to include anyone who wants to?
I thought your deep voice would be a great addition to this song.
Maybe you coud kick it off with a couple verses and then let bruffie and spreader add some to?
And Ange too is she has a mind to.
Just a thought but would be fun.
Oh yea can't forget yaz's harmonies!
Notice how all the music starts on the snair :p Knowing we could jam the heck out of this grove.

Are you mad? As in insane, asking me to do vocals?
:laugh:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 30 2009, 1:43 PM)

Are you mad? As in insane, asking me to do vocals?
:laugh:

:laugh: You have a great voice, and yea I'm a little nutz lol but look I've always thought that your voice seemed a little to powerful at times. Other wise it's great.
I always wanted to produce it.
I think this song could use a voice like yours.
I don't mean
monotone, like Slim's.
Put some fun personality into it.
But give me 3 to 5 takes and don't care what I do to it and I'll give you a great vocal track of Tommy Willis!
Someone else can master it lol

I'll send you a rhythm loop to a click and you mess with it when you can ok?
What key do you like?

Well if it’s a rhythm loop… (you are nuts) let’s go for D (now I’m nuts!)
I like all my rhythms in D - (this should be sarcasm fodder)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 30 2009, 2:01 PM)

Well if it's a rhythm loop... (you are nuts) let's go for D (now I'm nuts!)
I like all my rhythms in D - (this should be sarcasm fodder)

Ok great! Trust me this will be awesome when it's done! D it is, gust give me a little time to get my axe tuned, have new strings.
Thinking the music will have to be a call and answer kind of thing between instruments to emphasis that great bass riff on the tonic.

yup

YAHOO YODELS! :laugh: