Average Guy

Nice tone on the slide, Jeremy.

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 25 2010, 1:43 PM)

Third can, crack.
:agree:
a beautiful sound, ah.
:laugh:

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Dayyum... you sho iz smart! I wanna be just like you when you grow up. :D

UJ

By the way Tonedeafdemos,

Quote:

The ignore icon works really well here on trolls, spammers and wanna be’s, pick up yourself up a fresh six pack of [ignore]
© now in seasonal flavors
crack one open and have a gooooood day!
:)

It don’t work unless you actually USE IT. Git on it RAGHT NOW! You shore is thick boy… dayyum… I have to take back that udden up 'air…

UJ

I wish you guys would stop fighting, youre scaring the girls away!

great song jerm really liked it. quality!

i presume its just a demo, somebody kept losing the beat now & then?
& i think i’d change the title didnt joe walsh have a song called average guy?
You always speak your mind jerm so hope you dont mind me giving you my opinions!

Tina

Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 25 2010, 3:29 PM)

I wish you guys would stop fighting, youre
scaring the girls away!

Hey... I am sorry darlin'... I'm jus' tryin to give an honest opinion here... Seems folk around these parts don't care for that. They just want sugar-coated ego boosts. Ta hayull with'at crap.

I do sincerely apologize.
:D

UJ

PS I hear womerns likes it when mens apolorgize. Party licker? I just bought a fresh jug...?

PPS Yep... JW "Ordinary Average Guy"

It’s true, unblown (and I feel so sorry calling you that, it seems so mean), we tend to be rather nice here, and provide support for each other, recognizing that the point is to do it, and keep getting better, and that the value is in the process and not the product. Not sure if you understand that. You seem to think of art as a competitive game. It isn’t. It is a meditation, a form of prayer, an expression of our species-being (go look that up, it’s Marx), the upsurge of radical freedom in an absurd world, the attempt to capture the beauty most of us feel rather intensely - but it is certainly at best debased if it is about making hits for the sake of making hits. You go along, now, there are fora that are intolerant like you are, and would suit you better. :)

Aww… Thomas, I ain’t intolernt! I been readin’ since the tenth grade. (All four times through.) :D

Now for the serious part. I agree with a lot of what you said. (Except for that commernist Marx feller.) But if you aren’t improving, you’re moving backward. What I see here is a giant ‘ego club’. It’s nice to wink-wink, nod-nod, and smile at each other but to improve you have to have criticism. Period. Having said that… music IS a subjective thing. So hey… nobody should go throw themselves off the Tallahatchie bridge cause ol’ Unknown don’t approve! Man up. Grow a pair! Take it for what it is and keep chopping cotton.

H#ll… I ain’t nobody… I’m just drifting through…

Peace, love and hard liquor bayybay…

UJ

I dont understand what all the friction is about?
I dont have a problem with anyone here, unblown is harmless isnt he hes just mischievous, like unknown1 sometimes is. i dont mind people being silly, its funny isnt it,i just laugh at there antics.
its not dull when there around but why do men have to fight all the time?

Tina

Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 25 2010, 6:05 PM)

I dont understand what all the friction is about?
I dont have a problem with anyone here, unblown is harmless isnt he hes just mischievous, like unknown1 sometimes is. i dont mind people being silly, its funny isnt it,i just laugh at there antics.
its not dull when there around but why do men have to fight all the time?

Tina

Gawd bless you darlin'... you GET it. :)

D
Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 25 2010, 3:29 PM)

scaring the girls away!

great song jerm really liked it. quality!

i presume its just a demo, somebody kept losing the beat now & then?
& i think i'd change the title didnt joe walsh have a song called average guy?
You always speak your mind jerm so hope you dont mind me giving you my opinions!

Tina

Hey not at all, good catch (about the beat being off).

I record the guitar and vocal to a click (live) then send it to the drummer, he then lays the drum tracks.
The idea is supposed to be that I will then later go back and re-record the guitar and/or vocal separately to go along with his drum beat.....unfortunately I seldom do since by then I have already moved on to several other projects....
Point definitely taken about the song title, just a working title who knows what the A&R guys over at Capitol are going to name it, lol
???

Here is a version of the song I sang live (while playing) and then a woman (Brina) did a duet with me on it.

Average duet

it is sped up a bit using a device...makes it more rockin at that tempo...but that means a do over for the drum track...and then no choice but for me to do over the guitars....however with all the hoopla this one is getting (which is rare for any song around here) I might just make an exception and stop being lazy in this case.

Quote:

scaring the girls away!

what fighting? I was unaware of it.

You must not have gone out and gotten your sixpack of [ignore]
©
it REALLY DOES WORK! (I'm not getting paid to say that).
And to show you that I am truly sincere I will send you, free of charge, the first six-pack to get you started, if you are not completly satisfied you can send back the unused cans for a complete refund.

So here they are, this is your opportunity to try them out:

[ignore][ignore]
[ignore][ignore]
[ignore][ignore]

To use them simply press the [ignore] icon on the right of the trolls post, and crack, (click) one of your cans is now open, enjoy.

keep shinin

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 25 2010, 5:29 PM)

You go along, now, there are fora that are intolerant like you are, and would suit you better.

It is true, we can learn a lot from the social behavior of the crows.

Sometimes I watch them and think they are the more civil and intelligent beings.

All I can say is if they learn how to grow corn we are in trouble as a species.

keep shinin

Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 25 2010, 1:44 PM)

Nice tone on the slide, Jeremy.

Anyone who can't get a beautiful slide tone off a Mesa F-50 and Fender 70's reissue needs to go back to some schoolin' ya dig?
:D

I only added that after I heard the aspiring country stars vocal rendition, if you listen to the original it was more PuddleO'Mud grungy.
It's a beautiful thing when people take the love that they have for music and share it with one another inspiring even further growth.

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 25 2010, 6:18 PM)

Point definitely taken about the song title, just a working title who knows what the A&R guys over at Capitol are going to name it, lol
???

I betcha I can tell you what they'd name it... *wink-wink, nod-nod* :D

This version is better... A few points though... that is if you have the balls to take 'em without pitchin' a hissy fit?

Too many wack FX on the lead vocal. Holy cow dude... You trying to "Ozzify" it? Too 80's and certainly doesn't fit a pop tune. (IMO)

Guitars? Sound like you mic'd an amp? If so... too much 'room' in there bro'... Sounds like it is in another 'space' separate from the "band". (Take the blanket off it too wouldja? No top end at all on the guitar...)

The gal does a decent job but really needs to sing the correct lyrics. There are a few 'dammits' in there... knowhattamean?

Keep trying... at least the faster version is over quicker! LOL (Laugh dude... laugh... all in good fun...)

UJ

IT was mentioned the duo track was sped up after everything was recorded…

If you know anything about digital audio you know that has a tendency to effect the way things sound, things like vocals, guitar.

I have not made hissy fits or commented to a single thing you have ever said about my songs and ain’t about to start now… however it should be known if you really want to help people or use whatever skill you do have to assist you should read the disclosures about the tracks before pointing out the obvious…

I don’t have any control over how the vocals are sung in collabs online, people take your track and sing over it then post their mix then you don’t see them for a few months, sure you can make a comment or suggestion but it just sits there until they return…and IF they have the time or inclination they could do a second take with it in mind.

These are just live scratch track sketch pad ideas, they bounce all around different people computers until there is something there I can post here to give people an idea of the song, this particular duo file went from a wav. 96k to a mid level wma. back to a wav. at 44k back to a low level wma then to a MP3 at 224kb sped up 10BPMs and then back to a 96k wav. mastered just to bring the levels back up converted to this final mp3 at 320, so yea it went through the ringer.

I have all the seps including the clean vocals, clean guitars, 8 drum tracks, so if I wanted to do a mix myself and change any of that I could, but as stated to Tina most likely I will retrack everything so it follows the drums better.

Thanx for the valuable insight tho… ???

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 25 2010, 10:43 PM)

IT was mentioned the duo track was sped up after everything was recorded......

If you know anything about digital audio you know that has a tendency to effect the way things sound, things like vocals, guitar.

I have not made hissy fits or commented to a single thing you have ever said about my songs and ain't about to start now.... however it should be known if you really want to help people or use whatever skill you do have to assist you should read the disclosures about the tracks before pointing out the obvious....

I don't have any control over how the vocals are sung in collabs online, people take your track and sing over it then post their mix then you don't see them for a few months, sure you can make a comment or suggestion but it just sits there until they return......and IF they have the time or inclination they could do a second take with it in mind.

These are just live scratch track sketch pad ideas, they bounce all around different people computers until there is something there I can post here to give people an idea of the song, this particular duo file went from a wav. 96k to a mid level wma. back to a wav. at 44k back to a low level wma then to a MP3 at 224kb sped up 10BPMs and then back to a 96k wav. mastered just to bring the levels back up converted to this final mp3 at 320, so yea it went through the ringer.

I have all the seps including the clean vocals, clean guitars, 8 drum tracks, so if I wanted to do a mix myself and change any of that I could, but as stated to Tina most likely I will retrack everything so it follows the drums better.

Thanx for the valuable insight tho.... ???

keep shinin

Scratch tracks... dig.

What are you using to change speed/pitch? I don't know what algorithm Flava-flav uses in n-Track? Anybody? That other junky software uses Elastique Pro 2. It works amazingly well with no artifacts. Of course, if you get stupid with it... you'll cause artifacts, but going up or down a few semi-tones or speeding up/down a bit, no problem. Sounds great.

Nope. I don't know a damn thing about digital audio. But I try... :D

UJ
Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 25 2010, 10:43 PM)

Huh? As opposed to perfectly linear analog? Or are you talking strictly the fact it went through so many conversion stages? Even then, huh?

My Tascam was indistinguishable from real life, especially when I used Memowrecks tape. I could break wine glasses with it, in fact. :)

How do I say this… um… baloney. :)

No, it is more like brautwurst.
I was in Wisconsin at the time.

Seriously, we made recordings that sounded like the band was live in your basement. You couldn’t tell the difference, especially if you put a couple of walls between you and our auratones.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 26 2010, 2:34 PM)

How do I say this... um... baloney. :)

Mmmm... baloney...

Fry me up some! RAGHT NOW!!

UJ

PS Got 'ny mustard?

PPS I hate tape. One of my ex womerns used to tie me up with it when I passed out. Whatcha thank happened to ma' teeth?!?! Yeah, yeah... ain't foolin' with that ferric oxide coated mylar substrate mayyuss... Guys used to talk about bias... What the... bias? Hell NO! My ass is exit only baybay... ain't no "bi" round here... ain't foolin' with that messs.

PPS Sorry jeremysdemo... serious thread hijack faux pas... (Unblown Jonson knows some Franch baybayy...)