Average Guy

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 26 2010, 12:52 PM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 25 2010, 10:43 PM)

If you know anything about digital audio you know that has a tendency to effect the way things sound, things like vocals, guitar.

Huh? As opposed to perfectly linear analog?

Na, no comparison.

Quote:

Or are you talking strictly the fact it went through so many conversion stages? Even then, huh?

Well some of the conversion did degrade the quality a bit (going to the wma that was not lossless format) two seperate mp3 conversion also degraded it further, but that is not what caused the warble on the voice and guitar so much it was the speeding up of the file before the last mp3 conversion, 10bpm increase, there wasn't any noticeable change before that.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:
Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 26 2010, 10:01 PM)

If you know anything about digital audio you know that has a tendency to effect the way things sound, things like vocals, guitar.

Na, no comparison.

Still lost. What are you saying? That analog is somehow better? Have you really worked with 2"? I mean REALLY worked? I am not saying it sounds bad... but the difference between good digital and good analog is nearly indistinguishable and digital is a whole hell of a lot easier to deal with. It is a difference of flavor, not good verus bad. Go grab a Radar unit, Burl, or Mytek and tell me that it sucks compared to analog.
:laugh: :peace: :whistle: :laugh:

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 27 2010, 11:39 AM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 26 2010, 10:01 PM)

Na, no comparison.

Still lost. What are you saying? That analog is somehow better? Have you really worked with 2"? I mean REALLY worked? I am not saying it sounds bad... but the difference between good digital and good analog is nearly indistinguishable and digital is a whole hell of a lot easier to deal with. It is a difference of flavor, not good verus bad. Go grab a Radar unit, Burl, or Mytek and tell me that it sucks compared to analog.

To clarify what I meant is I am not making any comparison, hence the "Na, no comparison".

Maybe there is a comparison to be made if the right person wants to but I don't.

keep shinin

jerm :cool: