Big Math

Quote:

the ideas to turn it around are time tested and true. We just need to get back on track as a nation.

Hey... I thought I wuz doin' the preachin' around here?!?! :agree:

D

Fresh ideas? I don’t even have any fresh song ideas! :p

How 'bout “I love you, Yes I Do”?

I think I’ll ask Dead C if he has had any original ideas lately.

"the person identical to myself is experiencing a positive reactive attitude of attachement to the person identical to you, certainly, certainly, certainly…

make a good bridge - too long for a title… :p

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 04 2009, 6:56 PM)

I think I'll ask Dead C if he has had any original ideas lately.

There is no such thing. That sounds kind of fatalistic don't it?

But you Tom? Out of song ideas? No, I can't believe that...

D
Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 04 2009, 6:58 PM)

"the person identical to myself is experiencing a positive reactive attitude of attachement to the person identical to you, certainly, certainly, certainly...

:laugh:
That's really pretty thought provoking, really!
Put it in the chop shop!

Well you could take “Hijack’s” home town. It sounds to me like there is a viable work force in place there for a sock manufacturing plant. They only need to pool their abilities and credit to open a new plant. A new plant doesn’t have to be as big. But would need a new style, new pitch. They don’t have to compete with wallmart, they can compete with anyone they can afford to compete with. That would stimulate your area. Maybe that’s what’s needed, some local trouble shooters throughout. With gov assistance for fast start ups.

Quote:

they can compete with anyone they can afford to compete with

Nope. Not when labor rates are 80% or more lower in places like Honduras.

The place that I used to work got in serious trouble and had to sell out because tire manufacturers came to us with prices for finished product from Korea that was LESS than the cost per pound of our raw material! How do you compete with that? You don't! You shut your doors and start flippin' burgers at Micky D's. This "Global Economy" is only going to work if the playing field is level. At the moment it is anything but...

D

You keep clinging to the past, think new. Try, you might have an idea in you. :agree:

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Feb. 04 2009, 9:52 PM)

This "Global Economy"

Yea your right, we're all doomed. Our economy is DEAD 4 certain.

Problem is - we are getting “lowered” in the leveling of the playing field.
The global economy can not afford all to have it as good as we have so in the leveling process we have to come down. Are you sure you want a level playing field?

Well spoiled America hasn’t seen rough times in quite a while. So maybe this is a wake up call for the people sitting on their haunches and thinking everything is roses. Level playing field means rule changes!

It’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Some communities like Jacks and others like Dayton OH where auto mfg plants have closed are definitely hurting.
The building and housing industry are stifled. But after 3 yrs of big riggin around the country has shown me an amazing thing. There is a huge and I do mean gigantic amount of manufacturing throughout the country.

I was being facetious about us being doomed it’s more like what punky is saying. I call it the evolution of the economy.
Obviously textile and electronics have gone overseas.
And Zayaz your right about rules change, one no brainner is don’t by stock in textiles.
Another one should be "don’t sell your real estate to anyone who is from a foreign country who isn’t planing on occuping it themselves.

Quote: (Levi @ Feb. 05 2009, 1:12 PM)

Another one should be "don't sell your real estate to anyone who is from a foreign country who isn't planing on occuping it themselves.

Ooops Levi, too late.
Quote:

There is a huge and I do mean gigantic amount of manufacturing throughout the country.

NOTHING like it used to be though. Come over here and within an hours drive I'll show you dozens of shuttered factories and even worse, brand new "spec" buildings these morons have been building to sit idle and rot into the ground to no good end.

D

It’s huge, believe it. That’s your area, I’m talking about the lower 48.

I dunno, Levi, anecdotal evidence vs. actual statistics…

Quote: (Levi @ Feb. 04 2009, 8:24 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 04 2009, 6:58 PM)

"the person identical to myself is experiencing a positive reactive attitude of attachement to the person identical to you, certainly, certainly, certainly...

:laugh:
That's really pretty thought provoking, really!
Put it in the chop shop!

Hrm. It should have been "The person identical to the specified female iaexperiencing a positive reactive attitude of attachement to the person identical to you, certainly, certainly, certainly..."

"She loves you, yeah yeah yeah..."

Just trying to ruin the thread. Don't mind me atall.