Build 2216

Has been Posted

Hi Gents:
Today, Flavio has posted build 2216 for download… I went to the download page and begun the download only to find that the file size is 38.68meg. in size.

I know there are generally two files available for downloading. One file is the large/complete file and the other files is the update file… I began the “Update” file to find it is 38.65 meg… I stopped the download… thinking I had accidentally started the “Large” file download… Then I began the download again … making sure that I “Opened” the correct download… Again the download size appears to be 38.68 meg…

I’m in the process of downloading the “Update” build… 2216…

Can someone confirm that the update download build 2216 is in fact 38.68 meg. in size… ??

There is no mention that the up-date file should be as large as that file size…

Bill…

Had the same problem and ended up downloading the 38 meg file and it removed n-track and my system booted down. Booted back up and no n- track so I ended up downloading the full version and re-installing. Good news is it kept all my settings including the recent vst’s I added. Ain’t technology great when it works…

Hi BlueMojo:
Thanks for the reply to this… I am on a modem and dial-up, over here… I think I will continue the download… but I wouldn’t install the build… I’ll wait-and-see what gets posted tomorrow by Flavio… He may have had a tough day and forgot to post the up-date file… I’m glad you saved all your config. and stuff to your version and build…

I’m at 69% of the download… That size file takes me about 3 hours to download… It’s coming in at some 4.6k/sec. SLOW EH??

Bill…

[EDIT]
The download time for that size file is 2:24+ hours…

Wow!!! I can’t imagine downloading a file that size on dialup!!!
I think I got lucky with my re-install because I didn’t save any files myself…n-track uninstall must keep the config files. I thought I was doing an “update” and it uninstalled my 2210 and then my computer re-booted on it’s own. When it did there was no n-track to be found and I just downloaded the full version. Must have kept my register codes and all because I’ve had no problem with 2216. It’s amazing what I don’t know about computers…

Hope the update version is up for you tomorrow.

Hi BlueMojo:
I don’t see Flavio up here yet… I see hem here some mornings around this time… It’s just after 6am my time. I think he’s 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time.

Oh yes, I do files sizes like that quite often… I start the download and then go have a Power Nap… or something… My phone line is busy most of the time… That way I don’t get call centers phone’ing in… The people I know don’t call me anymore… They send me e-Mail… They know I’m home when they get a busy signal… I promise everyone that I’m gonna get another phone line into the house… and then commit one line to the network… or… maybe I’ll commit both lines to cyber… :O :laugh:

Bill…

i clicked on the small version text and got the 16meg download -

at first the download said 3hrs (which is the 30+meg one) but the file size was shown as 16meg which is correct and it took no longer to download than any other 16meg version -

MIDI sync still does not work - hasnt worked since build 2193

Dr J

Hi Doc and n-Trackers… and All:
I see that Flavio has posted build 2217 up on the download page…

I went to the page … opened Get Right… I have v6.1… I just installed that update last evening…

I set the download config. as I would have… and when I start the download it says the file size is 38.68meg… I have build 2216 in the n-Track v5.0.4 folder… That file size is 38.68 meg… I have yet to install that build… Build 2217 looks like it has not changed… so I have cancelled the download…

I saw Flavio on here earlier this morning… He was here around 6am… my time this morning… I hope he has seen the thread…

Does any of you have some suggestions/advise as to where I can go from here?

Don’t send me out in the cold… Please… :O :laugh: It’s too cold out there… :p I will keep-and-hold the build I have… b 2210…

I hear all you UK Guys got hit with some bad weather… So… How cold did it get? over there?

Bill…

[EDIT]
I checked the build file size again… Sorry… It’s says now that the “small up-date” file size is now 38.71 meg. in size… for build 2217… I’m downloading it… but I may decide to cancel the download… ??? ? I can tell by the speed of the download the the file size is “LARGE” cause I’m only at 3% of the download … for the time it has taken… till now…

JUST TRIED 2217 AND YES IT SHOWS 32MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND BYTES OF DATA -

BUILD 2214 NO TEXT IN TOOLBAR OPTIONS - 2215 TEXT IN TOOLBAR OPTIONS - 2216 NO TEXT IN TOOLBAR OPTIONS - GUESS 2217 WILL HAVE TEXT IN TOOLBAR OPTIONS - BUT WILL MIDI SYNC WORK ????????????? HASNT WORKED SINCE BUILD 2193 - TOLD HIM ABOUT IT BUT NOTHJING SO FAR -

Dr J

I’m not using th synth right now, but When I start using the synth, I want it to work! I hope he can fix it soon.
Thanks,
Bax

I’m back again Guys:
I have yet to install a build beyond 2210… I’m hesitant, to do so… in case I screw something up in the registry, or something… All I know is… When I attempt to download the up-date file/exe, I get a huge file size that looks like a “Full Install” file… some 38 megs. in size… The up-date file/exe on build 2210 was approx. 16 meg. in size.

Maybe, it’s the intention of builds later than 2210 to add something to the registry that n-Track needs to update the builds beyond 2210…

Could it be that Flavio is working n-Track into Windows SP 3 ? … or something? I think my Service Packs are still at rev. 2 … ???

BlueMojo, eluded to installing a later build than 2210 and now he is beyond 2210 and All-Seems-Fine…

However, some of us has issues, that we are unable to clear up/fix… I am unable to comment on anything that is MIDI related… I don’t work in that domain… Sorry…

IT could be that Flavio has run into an issue with this series of builds that is gonna take some time to remedy… Time will tell…

If you haven’t noticed, n-Track is now compliant with Vista… as-well-as all the other Windows/Desks… Who Knows??? This could be the Fly-in-the-Ointment… ??? ?

I have downloaded builds 2216 and 2217… Buy I’m gonna sit on them and wait to see how the Download page develops…

I’m positive that Flavio has a “Handle” on this… It’s just that we don’t know if he knows our concerns… or, how to proceed beyond where we are with the issues we have with the builds we have installed…

What do you think… :O ??? ? Guys?

Bill…

Hey Bill,

If you are running XP check out Drive C, Documents & Settings, (name or whatever user is), Application Data, n Track. That’s where it kept my config files when I re-installed. As I said before when I tried to update something weird happened and my computer just re-booted (it was a “friendly reboot”) and then I had no n track. I just downloaded the full version and installed. It kept all my config and registration code settings and all was groovy with the world! I’m having no trouble with 2216 but I don’t do any midi, in fact I only use n track for mixing. I record from either a Br 864 or a VS1880 and import the tracks.

Hope this helps you out. I wonder if you did install and things went screwy on you if you could use xp’s restore to an earlier date to get you back where you started.

Hi BlueMojo, Doc, and Anyone watching this Thread:
I think I am discovering what is going on here…

Now… I stand corrected on what I’m about to say, and pardon me for being so computer illiterate and and whatever Bill Gates thinks of the world of MicroSoft and Windows, and all…

Weather we want to or not, we are being forced to bite-the-bullet and play the up-date game and download Hugh files to run the utilities and applications that Programmers write for us…

I’m saying my piece here… IN a RANT… If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my shirt… And take photos of me doing it and post them up here… :O ??? :(

I’ve been on the Window’s update page sense 7am this morning… I just got off… to take a rest and cool down my modem… I figure I’m close to 50% of the required files needed to get-in-line with the orders… I think I’ll have to download Service Pack rev. 3 before the dust settles… That file is about 50 meg. in size. I am contemplating weather-or-not to begin the download.

Before I do, I’m gonna visit the download page and attempt to download build 2217 to see what the file size is…

I’m believe that Flavio assumes that we are all, Up-to-Date with the latest up-dates of Windows/MicroSoft Plugs-and-Patches… Therefore… his hands are tied and he is unable to advise and suggest how we should treat updating n-Track… Remember… He has to Bite-the-Bullet, as well…

Again… I need correction by some of you computer freaks, to correct my attitudes…

Bill…

[EDIT]
I went over to the download page and I see where Flavio has posted build 2218… I opened the download request only to see that the file size is still 38.6 meg. in size…

I think I’ll download SP rev.3 later today… and then download the latest build of n-track after I install rev. 3 I have Windows Media Player 11 and a bunch of other Windows security patches-and-updates today… IT just don’t stop… :O ???

more worrying is that all the windows updates i had have dissapeared from the list in add/remove programs listing -

I had a lot of errors when installing 2210 - one of the errors was “cannot read registry boot record” so now i dont know what is happening, has N downloaded .net 3 and what happened to .net 2 and 1.1 ? -

Dr J
EDIT -
just did a search for .net and found them 1 1.1 and 2 but looks like i cant uninstall them should i for whatever reason want to -

also. i tcould just be a poining error on the small download link, instead of going to the short downlowd its pointing to the big download -

Dr j

Hi Doc:
I hear you… Big Time…

I just did a Control Panel Search for FrameWork installs in my Add-and-Remove Programs… I found all the Rev installs including the “FIXES” from rev. 1 and all appear to be there… The only one I’m missing is. Rev. 3 I think tonight, I’ll begin the 50 meg. download for Rev. 3 and just lett’er go…

I thought it was a “Pointer” issue that I had when I downloaded n-Track… But NO… IT Ain’t… I tried the download too many times… for IT it be a cursor error… I think, and I stand corrected again… We’ll have to install FrameWork rev.3 sooner-or-later to be able to run all the Vista ready stuff… anyway…

I shudder to think how I’ll be able to run all this software on my '98SE Desk… In order to get FrameWork to reside on the '98SE Desks, I had to search for a “Third Party FrameWork” SP update… They are out there… and available… Otherwise, I think I would have needed to go to Windows 2000, to get those Lexicon Drivers installed… The only other alternative is, to Go back to n-Track build 1822 or 1516… Or before FrameWork installs… That ain’t so bad… Cause those builds worked like a charm, for Tracking… I just wouldn’t be able to use that hardware for mixing-and-editing…

Nothing worth working with is EASY… :O ??? :(

Bill…

from our download page

n-Track Studio works with: Windows XP, Vista, ME, 98, NT, 2000, 2003, x64

n-Track requires the Microsoft .Net runtime v2.0 Windows component that can be downloaded clicking here (the n-Track setup will automatically detect if .Net is not installed and prompt you to download and install it).
The .Net 2.0 runtime is included in Windows Vista so no update will be necessary.
Depending on your version of Windows the installation of the .Net runtime might also require to install Windows Installer 3.0 or later and/or Internet Explorer 6 or later.

as i said did search for .net on my PC, in Win2k all .net versions are in a folder called FRAMEWORK - found i had all versions including the latest .net V2 - also have windows installer V3 - so as N track does not ask for any upgrades to be installed i must be up to date on that front -

has N asked you to install any upgrade recently ? - if not then you are up to date and have no need to do anything - in fact you cant install N if your PC is not up to date with .net or Windows installer V3 -

when i said that that it may be a pointer fault i did not say that you had made a mistake with your mouse - what i said was when you click on the text to get the small download the link in the webpage on the server may point to the large download, with all th upgrades that we have had recently its easy for the links between pages and programs on the server to get crossed up -

you have no need to go to XP SP3 - if you do beware there may be a load of trouble ahead a lot of people are having a distinct lack of AUDIO from their PC when using windows default audio -

also do you have SP2 installed as that was the DOG OFALL DOGS and stopped a lot of programs working properly due to the Windows firewall being to agressive - if you dont have SP2 then it will be installed as part of SP3 ( each SP contains all previous SPs - so beware -

Dr J

Hi Doc:
Thanks for the reply… I’ll stay away from the SP rev. 3
download-and-install… I’m up to date with SP rev.2 and installer v3 and all of that… I’ll consider installing build 2217 or 2218 with the file size of 38 meg. But I’ll do a “Restore” point before I attempt the install… Thanks BlueMojo, for the prompt… I may wait till early in the week… We’ll see… I sure wish I knew why the download size is behaving the way-it-is…And… I think it’s weird that BlueMojo’s build 2216 installed the way it did and now it has returned to “Normal” download file size… Well…

Bill…

[EDIT}
Hi again Doc:
I was re-reading your posts concerning the errors you encountered… One was… the error you saw when you got the splash screen saying something about Error reading “cannot read registry boot record”… I saw that screen back in the early builds of v5.0.3… I have just been sluffing this off… or paying “NO Attention” to it… Could IT be that this issue is floating to the surface? If that’s the case, this may be a “Fly-in-the-Oinment”… I’m just thinking outloud…

[EDIT_2]
Oh Yes… Sorry… I forgot what I was gonna add…

Build 2210 is working just fine… as much as I know… Remember, I am just repro’ing with it… I am Not Tracking… I have a Test Project installed on the timeline… I have various Works-in-progress of the same project… A different number of tracks using a various number of plugs in various stages of completion… Drawing on tracks that are in folders in different hard drives… All I know is, this causes about the same stress on the setup that goes way back to sometime in November… From that point-of-view… stability is not an issue…

[EDIT_3]
I’m glad you got that MIDI Sync issue resolved… I could feel your Hi-Blood Pressure from way over here… :O :laugh:

had a e-mail from Flavio saying that the MIDI sync problem i have been moaning about for ages had been fixed in 2218 -

Dr J

Hi Doc and BlueMojo and n-Trackers:
I threw caution to the wind. I went a did it…

I created a restore point this morning and installed build 2216. It’s has a files size of 39.68kbs. The install/update went without any issues… There were no Pop-up/Splash screens or anything out of the ordinary…

Am I ever glad to finally get beyond my fears… It’s like the piano came off my back… Now I can move onward-and-upward…

Now… this is only on this P-111 XP asus/intel 1.2 mhz. machine…

I just went to the download page and saw where Flavio has posted build 2219… When I attempted to start a download I was looking for a ~16 meg file… NO… It’s another ~38.6meg. file…

I haven’t re-booted this machine yet and re-opened n-Track to see how a cold boot behaves… But I anticipate no issues regarding this…

Still checking…

Bill…