Considering Moving

Into Windows 7

Hi n-Trackers:

I’m considering moving into Windows 7 as the Operating System…
I’ve had Vista Home Premium now for as long as I’ve had a hi-speed connection…
Maybe, not more than 6 months…
I’d like to purchase registration for maybe three machines…

Am I making a move into something that is New Ground and I shouldn’t be going there ????
I have dual processor machines now…
Is that something considered O.K.
for Windows 7 ????

What are the available options to consider of Windows 7 ?
Are there more then one version ?
If there is, What would be the version that might suit my setup ?

Should I take a backward step and count to ten ?

Bill…

Personally, I can’t wait for Win 7. I.T. dudes at work have been wringing it out thoroughly and are mighty impressed with it.

Vista Home Premium is what is on my new machine. I HATE IT. VISTA SUX! VISTA SUX!! VISTA SUX!!! PERIOD.

Win 7 Home Premium will suit your needs just fine Bill. Don’t spend any more than that.

D

EDIT: I’ll be putting 7 on my machine just as soon as the postman drops it off in my mailbox.

Well sneez is just that, but think about it.
XP over 98, great.
Vista over XP, great.
Sounds like a winner, I don’t know but would bet duel processors will be better off in the new windows version. Just basing my opinion on the obvious, each new version was much smarter than the previous.

I’m hearing from That Rob Smith guy … the drummer who brought his camera over to the studio the other night…
This guy is into video editing when he’s not playing the Bar Scene… I had to listen at what he was saying after watching the clip on YouTube…
I believe what he said is, It’ll load and recognize hardware and software from just about any operating system back-to-and-including Windows '95…
You See, I got all that Lexicon CORE-32 audio hardware…
If I could load that stuff onto a drive with Windows 7… I’d be sooo
happy…
The converters A-to-D and D-to-A in that stuff are world class…
The drivers are dodgy,
but So am I…
:laugh:
:)
:p
Gimme-a-Break…

Bill…

Quote:

Vista over XP, great.

ROFL... NOT!

Ask ANY I.T Pro and see what they say... VISTA SUX! VISTA SUX!! VISTA SUX!!! PERIOD!

D

Back Again Gents:

After I closed that last post I’m thinking…
Careful…
could be dangerous…
:)
:p

I wonder what Flavio would have to say, about Windows 7…

You around here ???
I saw you on here earlier…

What’s goin’ on

Boss
????

Bill…

[EDIT]
I’d have to say that VISTA has given me little if any issues…
However, I’ve never pushed the Audio editing envelope while I’ve used Vista…
I haven’t been doing any tracking…
either… Vista works just great… if ya don’t use it…

To use windows 7 for just a DAW might be a little slim.
sneez? I’ll take vist over xp any day for what I use it for, no question, no doubt. They continue to improve in speed and intelligence. Pros vs cons huh? lol your nutz

I’m eating candy corn.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 03 2009, 6:47 PM)

I'm eating candy corn.

???
a twitter update?
I'm eating Dutch Chocolate.

Pok-Chops w/home made apple sauce here.

Quote: (Levi @ Oct. 03 2009, 6:44 PM)

To use windows 7 for just a DAW might be a little slim.
sneez?
I'll take vist over xp any day for what I use it for, no question, no doubt.
They continue to improve in speed and intelligence.
Pros vs cons huh?
lol your nutz

You can go back to MS-DOS 2.11 or CP/M-86 for all I care...

I work with computers everyday for a living and I am surrounded by a darn fine group of I.T. professionals. I have ran XP solid as a flippin' rock for YEARS now. Both versions of Vista in my household (We only have 'em because they were preinstalled) have been nothing but trouble. I won't bother explaining why, because as we know, I'm nutz.

D - goin' 7...

PS Pass the candy corn Pops...

Now doin a juicy buger!

Here Bill heres a google for ya:
I’ll have to cross this bridge some time in the future, for now I’m stuck in xp.
But I would tweek any problems out of 7 just to have a smarter op system, but like dSneez says, maybe not so good for pros?

DAWnWINDOWS 7?

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Oct. 03 2009, 8:50 PM)

I'm nutz.

D - goin' 7...

PS Pass the candy corn Pops...

Well ya you are nutz, heck that's not new news. But FYI I've been running xp since 2003, and vista since 2006. I'll take vista over xp any good ol day. Infact every session on my DAW I wish it where with vista. Candy coat your thoughts any way you like. I know what I like and it's easy to see what works better, faster, smarter. Sorry.
Quote:

but like Dsneez says, maybe not so good for pros?

What the heck?? When/where did I say that? Are doing an excessive amount of Jack with that burger?

D

This is almost as boring as the science/religion thread. Hence, I have moved on to fun size snickers.

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Oct. 03 2009, 9:10 PM)

Quote:

but like Dsneez says, maybe not so good for pros?

What the heck?? When/where did I say that? Are doing an excessive amount of Jack with that burger?

D

Ok your beef is with vista.
No jack but that does sound like a good idea, just water and exciting comments from Pop's :laugh:
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 03 2009, 9:24 PM)

This is almost as boring as the science/religion thread. Hence, I have moved on to fun size snickers.

Yeah... sorry for making a suggestion. I'll piss off now... Do what you want Bill. IGNORE everything I said... thanks.

Pops? Dem Snickers'll make yun's round in the middle... It's too late for me... but... (DANG!! There I go giving advice again!) AARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

D

I got used to Vista (tosses wrapper at guinea pig) Look forward to 7. (mmmmm)