Extreme bummer of a day...

Lost a friend as well as a boss…

My boss, the President and CEO of our company was riding his bicycle this afternoon and was struck and killed by a car.

He was a good man, caring, fair and loyal to a fault. He was born and raised in Spain somewhere around Madrid I believe.

God bless his wife, son and daughter.

Vaya con dios mi amigo. Usted puede perder.

D - very sad at the moment… :heart-break:

sorry for your loss, D!

Good luck with all this d, he was fortunate to have a respectful friend like you :agree:

That’s a bad time your going through D. It’s the worst when people we like can be taken away in an instant, it’s a strange unbalancing moment when you find out that the world is such a dangerous and unpredictable place.
I feel for you buddy!

Sorry to hear this D … be blessed

That’s tough news to hear…
Day-to-day life is so fragile…

If you can…
post his obituary…
Can you?

Bill…

Thanks guys…

I also feel extremely bad for the lady that hit him. A mom with a few kids in a van, dropped her phone, leaned over to pick it up and swerved off the road at just the wrong second… Launched him almost a hundred feet from point of impact. He never knew a thing.

God bless her as well. I hear that she is totally distraught… as I would be if I were in her shoes…

D

Sorry –
But dammit - when people get in a car - leave the phones home. And concentrate
on what you’re supposed to be doing. It’s gettin way out of hand. Driving is
a full time responsibilty - you don’t take ‘rolling breaks’ to call an old friend
and such.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Jul. 30 2009, 11:34 AM)

Sorry --
But dammit - when people get in a car - leave the phones home. And concentrate
on what you're supposed to be doing. It's gettin way out of hand. Driving is
a full time responsibilty - you don't take 'rolling breaks' to call an old friend
and such.

:agree: :agree:

Very sorry to hear that, D. Can happen to anyone - sad, sad, sad. Tell the family they are in our thoughts.

There’s way too many deliberate killings and deaths due to natural circumstances; but when you see these senseless and meaningless deaths you have to wonder what it’s all about.

My prayers go with you, his family, and with him.

our condolences.

Well it looks like your Daily Sentinel paper only updates their website weekly D.
I was looking for something about the accident news wise.

I very sorry.
(This puts our heat problems in perspective.) :(

(I actually poseted this a couple of days ago but that was when the computer died – didn’t realaize it didn’t make it to the forum until now)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 31 2009, 1:35 PM)

Well it looks like your Daily Sentinel paper only updates their website weekly D.
I was looking for something about the accident news wise.

Yep. We're in bad need of a newspaper around here. I had a subscription for several years until they doubled the price. The lady called to ask why I canceled... This had been building up for a while as I watched the content of the paper fall off to virtually nothing.

"You expect me to pay twice as much money for less content and more advertising?" "NO! THANK YOU MA'AM." *click*

Grrr...

D

Carlos Serrano

Yup. That’s him. A great boss, friend and community leader. He and I “grew up” in this business together over the past ~17 years. I miss him…

Thanks Pops.

D

Thank you Poppa Willis for posting that link…
That is such a tragic death…
A blink of the eye and a fractioon of a second and it’s all over…

It sounds as though this man is a key person in the Air Bag Fabric Industry…

Is it too early to tell how his death will affect the Plant’s Health…
Diogesneez
????

Bill…

Sorry to hear of this D, a real tragedy,