Fancy a game

So, it must be BLT or Geoff’s turn.

Or are we bored yet?

Ok, how about:

“All you love, therefore sings a remote song profound blue color to vainly hope for seven horses as if in the mark”

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 31 2010, 8:57 AM)

You are good at this, Mark!
How'd you get it?
me, I'm no good.
For example, on your last one, there has to be a twist that I don't see.

"A twist that I don't see' - get it?
A pinball wizard, the has to be a twist?
:whistle:

edit: oops, I see that you saw that, but I didn't see that you saw that at the time. ???

Lessee...on to Geoff's... hmmm....
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 01 2011, 5:46 PM)

So, it must be BLT or Geoff's turn.

Or are we bored yet?

No! I love this sort of game! I'm just no good at it!

Yeah, I’m just getting into this, Mark. It was a cool idea.

Tom, I started to post Pinball as the answer then I got the joke. It took me a few reads at Teenage Wasteland to put it together. This new one isn’t too, too bad- someone will get this.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 02 2011, 2:15 PM)

Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 01 2011, 5:46 PM)

So, it must be BLT or Geoff's turn.

Or are we bored yet?

No!
I love this sort of game!
I'm just no good at it!

Tom, when selecting a candidate for translation I try to avoid obvious words like proper nouns and key numbers. For example "I was only 24 hours from Tulsa" would be BAD. Too many clues. You'll notice I avoided the first verse of Pinball for that reason.

When guessing you have to do the opposite and look for the clue words or synonyms of them. Then try to piece them together into constructs.
Quote: (GeoffO @ Jan. 02 2011, 1:12 PM)

Ok, how about:

"All you love, therefore sings a remote song profound blue color to vainly hope for seven horses as if in the mark"

So with this one, seven horses is a big help. But of course if you don't know the song it doesn't help.... unless you cheat and start googling key words.
Quote: (GeoffO @ Jan. 01 2011, 6:12 PM)

Ok, how about:

"All you love, therefore sings a remote song profound blue color to vainly hope for seven horses as if in the mark"

thats love her madly but do i say that or do i have to quote more of the lyric
i dont know i understand the rules anymore
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 02 2011, 10:35 PM)

Quote: (GeoffO @ Jan. 01 2011, 6:12 PM)

Ok, how about:

thats love her madly but do i say that or do i have to quote more of the lyric
i dont know i understand the rules anymore

There are no rules.. :-)

Just guess the song. Sometimes though, it's more fun to give a little hint so that the original poster knows you've got it without giving it away to the others. (Like Tom's "twist" post).

So, your turn now....

well i cant believe this is right this is very
well known
& its now completly unrecognisable
i tried it twice
& it came out the same
so i guess it must be right i can only see one bit that might give it away

Him the light changed the thing he stands and, the people to be they’ where he applies for an examination; The justice multitude from the difference which does not pay attention his mind swelled up at the outside; Before he will rise from the church and anyone degree will be positive in case with realness not being, as his face where is visible

Quote:

When guessing you have to do the opposite and look for the clue words or synonyms of them.
Then try to piece them together into constructs.

So, Mark, I did this with Tina's and came out with this:

"The light altered the ground, people they are there for a test; while he was not minding things, a righteous crowd grew outside.
So he left the church but no one was certain who he was from his face (or: no one recognized his face)..."

Although judging from the end of the sentence he was speaking in tongues as he left the church.

:)

BLT. Would you need to be an androgynous, glittered, jump-suit wearer to sing this?

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 02 2011, 6:37 AM)

BLT. Would you need to be an androgynous, glittered, jump-suit wearer to sing this?

any excuse to dress up eh tony?
yes you can wear it if you want but youd look fab for all the wrong reasons

Man…than clue got me nowhere…

He’ When he is good, s becomes in the same way the blind person, to meet to me where everywhere arranges the person at all it is possible those which you think that him it is exactly hard, being, the seeing which you see? Where person, don’ As for the worry of t, time, don’ You apply; The rapidity of t, until someone the other person lends the hand, leaves that entirely!

i got that one phoo!
but i didnt get your clue till after id worked it out!

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 02 2011, 3:51 AM)

Him the light changed the thing he stands and, the people to be they' where he applies for an examination; The justice multitude from the difference which does not pay attention his mind swelled up at the outside; Before he will rise from the church and anyone degree will be positive in case with realness not being, as his face where is visible

some people like having clues because....

Hey! I got phoo’s almost immediately! I are now a graduite from the MarkA School of Interpretive Arts.

Well, Tina, I know yours is not “Because,” so that hint helped eliminate one song. So, if we can keep eliminating songs, in good Sherlock Holmes fashion, what ever is left over must be it. Right? :laugh:

I was thinking Tina’s was Nowhere Man, but that doesn’t seem to the right…I’m still stumped. Didn’t mean to add another before her’s was solved. :;):

No, please, add another! I thought nowhere man as well, but I couldn’t make it fit. :(

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 03 2011, 9:29 AM)

No, please, add another!
I thought nowhere man as well, but I couldn't make it fit. :(

Me too. I'm stuck on both at the moment. :angry: