I report a guy on another forum

to the FBI

Here’s what I reported to the FBI:

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to report this or not, but there is an individual named Willie Whittaker from Denver Colorado. He regularly posts on the public forum alt.guitar.amps (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.guitar.amps?hl=en) under the alias Lord Valve. He is well known for his off topic, right-wing political posts. Recently, he made a post (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.guitar.amps/browse_frm/thread/ad9298b73bad2ee4/4d0b8b3730f1b1f9?hl=en#4d0b8b3730f1b1f9) that I consider threatening and out of line. I quote:

"Here they are, folks. From the boss commies right on down to the useful idiots like Osama bin Morgen and Osama bin Pritchard, all the lefties in their putrescent glory are laid bare as what they are.

Read. Remember. It will eventually be necessary to oppose these people with force of arms if we are to regain control of our country. In the final analysis, they are no different than the radical Islamists - their creed is to convert you or to kill you. In fact, many of them are radical Islamists. Wake up or die. "

After warning him to stop make threatening posts like this, he replied:

"It is my contention that it will be necessary to oppose leftists with force of arms in order to regain control of our country.

That’s what I said, and that’s what I meant. You can forward it to the FBI, the DHS, NBC, CNN, CBS, the CIA and the New York F*cking Times for all I care. If you feel threatened by that, GOOD!

"Read. Remember. It will eventually be necessary to oppose these people with force of arms if we are to regain control of our country. In the final analysis, they are no different than the radical Islamists - their creed is to convert you or to kill you. In fact, many of them are radical Islamists. Wake up or die."

To my surprise I was contacted by the FBI within 1/2 hour of when I made this report. They basically said they couldn’t do anything against Lord Valve because it wasn’t a specific threat. I talked to the guy for about 20 minutes, and it was interesting but I thought he brushed off some of my comments too readily, e.g., he argued “force of arms” was general & I said no - LV meant guns. If the FBI had looked at the entire post, they would have seen LV actually mentioned guns. I also think that Mr. Value’s statements are indeed threats, but the FBI guy didn’t see it that way. However, they did take my report serioiusly which was comforting.

I warned LV to cool it but he kept taunting me & he even posted the link to the FBI site. He doesn’t believe that I actually reported this, even though I’ve warned him again. If he makes any kind of specific threat against me or anyone else, I’ll report him again in a heartbeat.

I’m not really sure what you expected Mike. The FBI doesn’t make time for internet flamers like that guy unless they actually pose a real threat. The guy you are talking about just sounds like he has a little weenie.

Mike

I’m not reading anything worse than a bit of a diatribe, or maybe RATM lyrics.

Just a conspiracy theory type nut.

US law is likely different on this point (Tom?) but under the Canadian Criminal Code, a threat must be specific (ie. “I will punch you” vs “You’ll be sorry”) and actionable (ie. the complainant believes the person making the threat has the present ability and capacity to carry it out).

So, if I threaten to blow up the world with a bomb, that isn’t a threat (in the criminal sense) since obviously I do not have the capacity to carry it out.

Like I said, I don’t know what the US law on the point is but if it is similiar to the Canadian CC, I’d have to agree with the G-Man.

Then why did they contact me within 1/2 hour? I think they take stuff like this very seriously these days.

One thing I didn’t mention is that “Osama bin Morgen” and “Osama bin Pritchard” are individuals on the alt.guitar.amps forum.

I read what LV said as a real & direct threat.

"…all the lefties in their putrescent glory are laid bare as what they are.

Read. Remember. It will eventually be necessary to oppose these people with force of arms if we are to regain control of our country."

I was one of those lefties LV was referring to.

If LV had been alittle more specific, I think the FBI would have pounced on him like flies to cow dung.

Quote (Mr Soul @ April 21 2005,16:02)
If LV had been alittle more specific, I think the FBI would have pounced on him like flies to cow dung.

yeah...but he wasn't.

I read the FBI response to you much like the form letter my step-son got when he sent a letter to the president.
I read the FBI response to you much like the form letter my step-son got when he sent a letter to the president.
What did that say - I'm glad you're a young Republican :laugh:

If it were like that, I don't think they wouldn't have called me so quickly, or they would have sent me a form letter.

I'd bet that Mr. Valve has been added to their watch list (along with me probably :-).

Your’e such an arsehole at times Toke that it defies comprehension! :laugh:

PS, report me to the FBI too if you wish, but I think you’ll find they have very little influence in the Scottish Highlands. :D

PPS, I received a threat recently from someone who claims he’s the real Santa Claus, and unless he receives a million quid toot sweet, he’s gonna set the Easter Bunny on me.

I’d contact MI5, but I suspect that they’re in on it too. :(

Quote (Mr Soul @ April 21 2005,16:42)
What did that say - I'm glad you're a young Republican :laugh:

actually, he calls himself a "publican" and his mom is a "democrap"

I couldn't agree more. He is a smart little guy.
Your'e such an arsehole at times Toke that it defies comprehension!
No what did I do this time?!?!

I'm going to send Robert the Bruce after you!

Actually, there's another Mike Cressey who lives in Edinburgh. He & I converse sometimes.

Mike, Mike, Mike, what were you thinking? I’m actually impressed they called you. that’s pretty cool. But really, did you think Lard Vole or whatever his name is really posed a threat? :)

Hey, Bill, don’t ask me about US law, I’m a recovering lawyer. :D

Quote (TomS @ April 21 2005,20:43)
Hey, Bill, don't ask me about US law, I'm a recovering lawyer. :D

Well I'm impressed; I didn't think they had a cure for that! Or is it kind of like a recovering alcoholic - still an alcoholic just doesn't drink? Does that mean you're still a lawyer but you no longer screw people?

(Kidding - I'm kidding. I'm a kidder; I like to kid.)
No what did I do this time?!?!

I'm going to send Robert the Bruce after you!

Actually, there's another Mike Cressey who lives in Edinburgh. He & I converse sometimes.

Mike, think about it, I'm sure you'll work it out yourself.

But here's two wee clues..........

(1) Immature teens (of all ages) rant and rave on the Internet, but don't you think you over reacted a wee bit?

(2) It's not the mouthy bastards you worry about, it's the quiet ones. Trust me on this. :D

(And it's not The Bruce who worries me, it's that giant trained spider that follows him around everywhere. :( )

Edinburgh is lovely now, spring is just coming, and central Scotland is often best in May. Everywhere you look, the hawthorn blossoms lie heavily on the boughs, and the fragrance fills the air. It's a time of magic. :)

Mind you, August is nice too with the Edinburgh Festival, one of the major cultural events on the planet.

The Tattoo is unmissable (but you have to book up at least a year in advance), and there's also The Fringe.

The Fringe is where alternative comedians, musicians and other performance artists do their thing, and some of the world's most famous started there. It's wee bars, coffee houses, theatres, all over the town, and following The Fringe is something everyone ought to do at least once in their life.

So, take a visit and see this MacToke! We're quite a hospitable and welcoming people; they're not all like me you know!. :D

So go Mike, and enjoy. You'll come back a better man, (and if not, at least it'll improve our balance of payments deficit! :laugh:
Mike, Mike, Mike, what were you thinking? I'm actually impressed they called you. that's pretty cool. But really, did you think Lard Vole or whatever his name is really posed a threat?
Yes - I did feel threatened or I wouldn't have reported this.

You guys can't appreciate the full context of his remarks either. He says outrageous stuff every day, spewing his right-wing hate at us. He also makes direct attacks at individuals berating them in any way he sees fit. We all have gotten used to that & we attack him back. And it's well-known that he's a gun toting Republican.

However, this was the first time that he actually said that he would take up arms against us, i.e., specific people on the forum. IMO - he crossed the line from rant to threat.

I believe that the FBI took my complaint seriously. However, we disagreed about LV's intent with "force of arms", as I mentioned. LV meant guns/weapons by this.

I will report him again if he makes any kind of specific threats. IMO - this guy is a loser & he's dangerous.
IMO - this guy is a loser & he's dangerous.

If he's a loser, he ain't dangerous; worry about the winners! :D

(anyway, if you really think he's a threat to you and yours, screw the FBI, just find the bugger and rip his balls off, that's how we do it here.) :D

Speaking of which, you ignored my commercial for Edinburgh!

Start packing Mike! :)

Sometimes the monkey kills the turtle.

Speaking of which, you ignored my commercial for Edinburgh!
I've been to Edinburgh in the summer & it is indeed great. When I saw the tatoo, some bikes crashed - it was not so great.

I've loved to move to Scotland or Ireland or New Zealand.
I was one of those lefties LV was referring to.

I (only sometimes) feel that I need to threaten you as well...
If only I wasn't that far away ...
:p

He says outrageous stuff every day, spewing his right-wing hate at us. He also makes direct attacks at individuals berating them in any way he sees fit.

Somehow that sounds oddly familiar ? ...

Hmmmmm.

Familiar but out of phase maybe ?
:D

Tom - Recovering lawyer ? LoL !

W.

A Recovering lawyer playing a strat, now that’s something to report to the FBI!

Conspiracy Theory, Ali/Santa/nergle/greenmartian, is really a Klingon posing as a Scottsman! :D :D :D