Jam 2

Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 29 2009, 7:36 PM)

Bruffie, thoes are cool vocals!
Did you do two tracks singing a higher and lower parts in unison?
Regardless, it's really very good.

Just sung two seperate tracks that, fortunately, more or less lined up. Both voices are real
:)

Cheers,
Ian

For everyone who’s made suggestions on the mix, they are in the works, please be patient.

As far as wearing the ol Yaz out, no, but burn out on a tune can happen. You just don’t realize how many times I’ve heard this tune in the last 2 weeks.

Quote: (Yaz @ Apr. 30 2009, 5:01 AM)

For everyone who's made suggestions on the mix, they are in the works, please be patient.

As far as wearing the ol Yaz out, no, but burn out on a tune can happen. You just don't realize how many times I've heard this tune in the last 2 weeks.

You ain't gonna get it much better than the last one I heard Yaz. Let it go Bud before you really hate it! :):)
Quote: (Bruffie @ Apr. 29 2009, 10:12 PM)

Just sung two seperate tracks that, fortunately, more or less lined up. Both voices are real

Cheers,
Ian

I used to do that back in the mid 70's. I worked at this specialized stereo shop in Dallas and this older distinguished guy came in when I was demoing a machine with one of my songs on it and he exclaimed; "hey that sounds like my son! What is that?" And I said one of my songs. He just looked at me and left. (I was new there) The other guys said "See ya later Dr. Miller. They then told me he was Steve Millers dad.
I didn't think I sound like him but it's a recording technique he used too. Very cool for you!
Quote: (Levi @ May 01 2009, 6:09 PM)

Quote: (Bruffie @ Apr. 29 2009, 10:12 PM)

Cheers,
Ian

I used to do that back in the mid 70's.
I worked at this specialized stereo shop in Dallas and this older distinguished guy came in when I was demoing a machine with one of my songs on it and he exclaimed; "hey that sounds like my son! What is that?" And I said one of my songs.
He just looked at me and left.
(I was new there) The other guys said "See ya later Dr. Miller.
They then told me he was Steve Millers dad.
I didn't think I sound like him but it's a recording technique he used too.
Very cool for you!

Mr Producers decision to use both voices. That's why he's so good at this :)

Final Mix is up.

Taxman Blues

Sounds good Yaz!

I ain’t sayin’ NUUUTHINK! (Sgt. Schultz)

Yaz, it sounds really good.
You really kicked up the bass/drum punch, it really pumps along.
Thanks, I know you spent a lot of time listening to that one over and over, but it was worth it.

:agree:

Excellent job Yaz! :agree: :agree: :agree:

Great mix, Yaz. I’m blown away just getting to play with you guys. :love:

Yaz,

Did you do a new mix/master of Taxman Blues?
I just saw it is moving back up in the soundclick blues (at 63, up from 430).
Probably kick from “Makes Me Wanna”.
But I listend to it and it sounds louder or crisper. Might just be something
soundclick changed in their player?

As far as I know Ping that was the final I up-loaded, unless Poppa did something with it.

That one was yours as I recall Yaz - yea I remember now - you did the whole production on that one.

I put it up on my page when ‘Makes Me Wanna’ started moving. Figured it might ride on the back of it. Seems it worked

Maybe clearer cos I put ut up at 320kbps.

Yes, I see now it is the same version. I just had not listened to it for a while, and when I did yesterday, it sounded real good. Again, thanks Yaz, nice job on that one.