Man this was fun!

Geeze guys - thanx for the kindness. Ya’ll are alright. Don’t care what Dubious says. :laugh:

Hi Poppa Willis:

I opened the second mix you posted…
I should open the original mix and compare…
After reading the thread…
and comments…
It’s great…

[EDIT] My opinion… for what it’s worth…

Don’t be touching those BEDS…
The 2:15 - 2:38 Guitar Overdub/Cover line has the same Room Space as the Vocal Tracks…
The Guitar Overdub/Cover Track should occupy less of the room effect…
It’s right…
just a little dryer…

One of the Vocal Clone Tracks needs to be dryer… (The Out Front Track)
The effect is right…

The Bass and Tub Tracks got all the energy…
I know you all know that…

What great tracks for tired ears…
:p
:agree:

Bill…

I downloaded and played Angy’s project…
Great tracks…

However, I’m back here again with this yadayada…
Maybe, the Har-Bal Analizer Application could used on some idividual tracks and re-imported into the timeline might be all that is needed on those tracks that occupy similar bandwith/spectrums…

Who Knows…
????

I think that’s what these Record Labels have these Hi-Paid Producers to do… Some of these guys do a great job…
I believe they are well worth their input…

I’m listening to this again…
The Kick Track needs some upper Hi-Mid or some lower Hi-End… Whatever frequency bands they are… The track would need to heard with just the BEDS… [EDIT] Don’t be play’in around with them BEDS… Too Much… to show/hear the options-and-tastes… Ya need a steady hand…

Anyway…

The Energy…

:p

:agree:

Bill…

Thanks Bill - I hear ya - 'preciate the input, I really do. I gave up on trying to do any real mixes on my DAW - I don’t have any serious monitors and do all my roughs on my earphones. It would be nice to hear it on some decent monitors but then I’d be tempted to slide them all down and start over. So I did what I figured the song needed - I asked someone else to mix it. Problem solved. I’ll get the mix when I get the mix, I have avoided listening to it at all to allow my memory of it to ‘clear’ so the new mix won’t be competing with what I thought I had. I’m all about the song anyways… make sense? Bottom line, I know my limitations I reckon. Thanks for taking time to dig into it Bill.

I have a pair of AKG K-240 phones…
Leonard could put them on and come up with mixes that would Part Your Hair…
I have no idea how he mixed with phones…
It was something he’d do at 4-7 am in the morning…
Mixing Sessions was something he’d delay doing for two-or-three days…
after the Tracking Sessions…

What a great song you got going …
there…
There ain’t much missing …
if anything…

Bill…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 29 2008, 11:45 AM)

I'll get the mix when I get the mix.

Sorry, been backed up. I have a pile of work and you are number one on the list once I am up and running.

Ah now ya done blew my surprise! :laugh:

No surprise to a clairvoyant which I is… :laugh:

No. Bubba didn’t squeal… I just guessed. You’ll get a nice product Poppa. Bubba knows his bidness…

D

I haven’t done anything yet… Stupid poopy contruction. Every time I think I am getting ahead, something blows up… plus holidays, wimmin needing something, sigh… at least I have the flooring 60% in. Walls are all up. Electrical is in. Just gotta get paint and trim done along with acoustic treatments.

You won’t hear me complaining.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 03 2008, 10:30 AM)

You won't hear me complaining.

And you better don't! I'll sic the Union on you... that's MY JOB! :laugh:

D