money sucking program

I have spent more money on this crap program. Than a REAL recording program. Now this bafoon want to charge $25 for point releases.

I am switching to Sonar

As is written on the register and upgrade web pages and on the emails I sent to notify users of new versions being released, upgrades to point releases are free. If you registered to or upgrade to version 4.0 or later, all upgrades to 4.x versions are free.

Quote (Guest @ April 28 2005,09:07)
I have spent more money on this crap program. Than a REAL recording program. Now this bafoon want to charge $25 for point releases.

I am switching to Sonar

Mr. “Guest” is an idiot.

Flavio has only ever charged an upgrade when version 4 came out; and even then, the cost was minimal.

If you wanna pay $300 for Sonar, be my guest… Oh… Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that if you want to have EQ controls on each channel strip, you have to buy the $600 “producer” edition! $600 is a lot of cash… Do you really need all those features, or are you just falling prey to the “everybody else is using it” mantra? Go for it, sucker. And don’t be such a jackass.
Quote (John @ April 28 2005,09:57)
Quote (Guest @ April 28 2005,09:07)

I am switching to Sonar

Mr. "Guest" is an idiot.

Flavio has only ever charged an upgrade when version 4 came out; and even then, the cost was minimal.

If you wanna pay $300 for Sonar, be my guest... Oh.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you want to have EQ controls on each channel strip, you have to buy the $600 "producer" edition! $600 is a lot of cash... Do you really need all those features, or are you just falling prey to the "everybody else is using it" mantra? Go for it, sucker. And don't be such a jackass.

Er... yeah what John said. Login with a REAL login and say something constructive or just go away. :)

TG
Quote (gtr4him @ April 28 2005,10:02)
Er... yeah what John said. Login with a REAL login and say something constructive or just go away. :)

TG

Heh... You missed it... He was logged in as "F.ck you" (replace the "." with a "u") and Flavio deleted his account, but left the post in place.

One must give a tip of the hat to Flavio for showing his integrety by leaving the original post for all to see.
:)

Complain my friend. It´s your right.
Just one suggestion: Identify yourself with the same respect that you expect that your words will receive.
Be happy with your new choice.

Quote (John @ April 28 2005,10:08)
One must give a tip of the hat to Flavio for showing his integrety by leaving the original post for all to see.
:)

Agreed. Flav is a class act all the way.

TG

I love these posts. "I have wasted 10s of 15s of dollars on this program becuase I haven’t bothered to read the manual or ask for help in the forum… Screw you guys, I’m gonna go spend $600 on something else that does practically the exact same thing… That’ll show you."

Cutting off one’s nose to spite the face perhaps?

As they say “ignorance is bliss” I would add crude to that saying in this insatnce.

:p :p :laugh:

Cruiser

Hey Mr. Guest if you don’t like the program feel free to get out just don’t B@tch at N. We don’t need it anyway…

Never mind … that guy just posted on the wrong forum …
:p

Wow, what an attitude. Gonna spend all your money for nuttin. Go for it Mr./Ms. FU. I can only add

"A nod’s as good as a wink, To a blind horse"

Flavio, keep up the great work on a most excellant program! :D

Just for the record; n-track is no money sucking program. Quite the opposite!

Also for the record;

If you can’t make good recordings with n-Track, you sure as heck ain’t gonna make 'em with Sonar. It ain’t the tools, it’s what you do with them.

TG – saving my 525 bucks I saved with n-Track for mic-preamps and stuff :p

[QUOTE]I love these posts. "I have wasted 10s of 15s of dollars on this program becuase I haven’t bothered to read the manual or ask for help in the forum… Screw you guys, I’m gonna go spend $600 on something else that does practically the exact same thing… That’ll show you."

Well Said!:laugh:

I had used the v.1 before and recorded our first EP and it sounded good. considering that version had lot of bugs but I pulled it off before and upgraded cause my friend gave me an advanced version if he did’nt I would have still been using it. How can this suck money man?! or maybe you’re just a whiner and always want things the easy way…

You can’t always please everyone, found that out in my life real quick lol, but the guy was way out of line. If you don’t like something other people enjoy, don’t make a big deal about. Just don’t buy it! No one on this planet is making you buy N so if he’s happier elsewhere using another program? more power to him…if it wasn’t for Flavio, I probably still wouldn’t be recording myself with a great program, he made it possible, because with five kids you don’t much spare change and N was a perfect solution for the right amount of cash. Thank you Flavio. Glad you don’t let people like that frustrate you and close shop.

I have been hesitant to switch to digital recording for way too long until a former colleague of mine told me about n-Track - version 2, that is… - I bought it very soon after my initial experience, and started learning all I now know by transfering a lot of old, analog, 4-track recordings for digital mixdown and mastering into a rather sucessfull retrospect CD spanning about 15 years’ time.

n-Track may not be everybody’s “swiss army knife”, but it suits my needs and purposes very well. I have been using Cakewalk, Cubase, and a couple of other apps during the years, but eventually gave them all up… - erroneous software, poor manuals, and eventually too complicated for what I wanted to do. n-Track is by no means “perfect”, but these days it rarely crashes on me as long as I keep some sense and sanity as to what I am doing with the program.

The main benefit of n-Track is the easy transition from the analog recording/production world, giving us ol’ “tapeheads” an edge in learning to use the program.

Just imagine - 30 years ago the hottest thing one could ever hope to achieve at home was a measly four tracks (well, 12-14 tracks if noise and loss of bass response didn’t bother ya’). Some of the software DAW competition sells for as much as a full-blown harddisk recorder complete with cd-burner and automated mixdown!!

I say n-Track is bang for the buck. n-Track rocks - period :D .

regards, Nils

Quote (Bubbagump @ April 28 2005,11:10)
I love these posts. "I have wasted 10s of 15s of dollars on this program becuase I haven’t bothered to read the manual or ask for help in the forum… Screw you guys, I’m gonna go spend $600 on something else that does practically the exact same thing… That’ll show you."

Cutting off one’s nose to spite the face perhaps?

showed us!!