n-Track Recording Contest

I’ll change that for ya D lol - just record a tune in reaper - import the mix into n - and mix it to an mp3.
Piece of cake…walk

LOL… believe me Poppa, I AM ‘mature’ enough. I hit 45 in September. I know that doesn’t seem “old” but I will have to cart my eldest son off to college in August and I am already having separation anxiety… I remember like it was YESTERDAY bringing him and his mother home from the hospital after he popped into the world. He CAN’T be old enough for college???

SIGH

I may see what I can cook up… just for fun. Prolly be an instrumental though. I’m still not brave enough to commit this voice to recorded media… Whatcha think? Heavy rockin’ screaming guitars or smooth and jazzy or maybe a nice fusion piece? It’ll probably SUCK but it’ll be fun trying I suppose…

D

PS If n would stop the D#$N crashing with EZDrummer, I might be able to put something together using n-Track. I’ll try… no promises though… editing is so much easier in XXXXX… Double sigh

45? mature? - you kids…

ROFL… yeah, yeah gimme a break… my ‘baby’ is going off to college…

D

PS I guess I will be a wreck when his little brother packs up for college huh?

The cycle will start anew with grandkids - believe me the absolute BEST is yet to come… now quit yer pissin and moanin and write a song about it!

I was thinking the same as D with it all in nTrack (nTrack plugs only too). I’ve been trying to get Proteus X to work in n since I use it for my drum tracks, but no go on that.

Oh well.

Hmmmmm… considering where this topic is going, maybe I should get my 2 year old grandson to help write a song.

I thought I read somewhere that Soundclick had a policy against placing cover songs on their site. Maybe I just misinterpreted what I read.

i read that too, so i was going to stay away from that

No, you can post cover songs on soundclick, you just have to do the groundwork first. Soundclick doesn’t actually check to see that you have done the groundwork, however. You just sort of pledge on your honor that you have. And the groundwork is really minimal if you don’t allow downloads and you don’t take money for the recording. They have the info on their website somewhere.

Thursday is the 1st. Contest ground rules? Or am I missing something?

(Grandkids are the ultimate natural high, specially when they tell you “I love you Grandpa”)

Brings a tear to the eye!

Yaz :cool:

You better get to writin’ 'em then! What is the hold up yaz?

:laugh:

I reckon should be recorded in n-track with n-track plugins, otherwise its hardly an n-track recording contest. i want to hear what’s possible with n-track, not other stuff. if you can’t make n-track work, don’t enter. if you don’t make it just n-track, james hetfield could join up and submit ‘enter sandman’… :cool:

It’s actually a Recording Contest Sponsored by n-Track.
There will be a requirement regarding n-Track though. I will post the rules as soon as I get final approval from Flavio.

The rules have been signed off on n-Track SoundClick Contest Site

Read the blog. (click on [go there] to view all.)

Good Luck to all!

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 30 2008, 2:55 PM)

The rules have been signed off on n-Track SoundClick Contest Site

Read the blog. (click on [go there] to view all.)

Good Luck to all!

WOW! As luck would have it I DO have 674 versions of "Mary Had a Little Lamb"! How's that for coincidence? :whistle:

What does "Void where prohibited" mean? If I never put a void where it is prohibited, I'm safe right? :p

I can't wait to hear what music comes from this thing! WOOT!

D

Hey I don’t make the rules (wait a minute maybe I did make that one).
Let me put it this way: If they have a sign as you come into your city or town or village, whatever, and it reads “NO N-TRACK RECORDING CONTESTS ALLOWED IN THESE HERE PARTS!!” then, I’m sorry you can’t enter.

The Rules Are Posted in the Blog

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 30 2008, 4:15 PM)

Hey I don't make the rules (wait a minute maybe I did make that one).
Let me put it this way: If they have a sign as you come into your city or town or village, whatever, and it reads "NO N-TRACK RECORDING CONTESTS ALLOWED IN THESE HERE PARTS!!" then, I'm sorry you can't enter.

LOL!

Geez now I gotta call my lawyer, the town council, the Mayor, the Mayor's dog, three fleas and a tick to make sure there is no ordinance that prevents me from entering.

Time to dust off the old music bit's and pieces hard drive and see what might be completed into something listen-able... Shoot, I may expound on "Commodity Cheez"... I've been wanting to get back to that one someday. Now, where am I gonna find the time?

D
Quote:

Geez now I gotta call my lawyer, the town council, the Mayor, the Mayor's dog, three fleas and a tick to make sure there is no ordinance that prevents me from entering.

There's one in every crowd!
:p