n-Track Tuner for iPhone...!

for an iphone? same as everyone elses I supposes. :laugh:

dontcare

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 05 2011, 11:35 AM)

for an iphone?
same as everyone elses I supposes. :laugh:

dontcare

Where you gonna stick that Akai thing-a-ma-jig? Down yer pants?

UJ

PS Uh... if you do... lemme know how that works out... might wanna get one myself. :laugh:
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 05 2011, 1:30 PM)

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 05 2011, 11:35 AM)

for an iphone?
same as everyone elses I supposes. :laugh:

dontcare

Where you gonna stick that Akai thing-a-ma-jig? Down yer pants?

Same place you would have to put it if you were to use one with your portable setup. :D

dontcare
:agree:
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 05 2011, 9:35 AM)

Add similar to a netbook and you'll have one powerful portable midi/audio machine that's actually USEFUL and runs REAL software.

UJ

OQO.

dontcare

Pretty neat!!

But… $$$$$$$$ about 2K new. Ouch.

Only 1 USB port… course that still beats most if not all “smartphones” .

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 08 2011, 8:58 AM)

Pretty neat!!

But... $$$$$$$$ about 2K new. Ouch.

Only 1 USB port... course that still beats most if not all "smartphones" .

they go for 2-3 bones all day on ebay.(less than an iphone and without the need to subscribe to any of their services) you can go 3G on them.

You put reaper on one of these bad boys...maybe a little USB interface...shirt pocket power.

The company folded in 2009, so minimal support,(all the updated drivers are on the site) but a you can run windows XP, Vista and 7 on them and since the company fold the prices are dropping...as people move on to other things...

The 2G HDD's can be swapped out with an adapter to run the OS off of a 32G flash (provided the flash is fast) that improves latency, the o2 model runs an Atom processor at 1.5Ghz, good enough for most audio work, but there are some handy apps out there to help you get the most out of it and increase it to have more stable streaming.

The reason it trumps any smart phone IMHO is not the USB port but the OS, since it is Windows you don't need to buy audio related apps for proprietary operating systems or sign up for any services, that being said I would be happy to utilize it even if it had some sort of proprietary output port that could be linked to something else, but USB....Yeah! now that is usable! lol

dontcare

within 20 minutes of making the reaper comment I lost 4 rating points here…

I am sorry…you could also try Ntrack on this it’s Windows so you could use any DAW software you want, didn’t mean to say implied or otherwise that Ntrack wouldn’t work, I knew UJ prefers reaper so in talking to him is the only reason it was mentioned as an option.
When mine gets here I will try Ntrack on it and let you all know how it turns out.

it’s all your fault UJ, ??? lol

dontcare

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 09 2011, 5:21 AM)

within 20 minutes of making the reaper comment I lost 4 rating points here....

I am sorry....you could also try Ntrack on this it's Windows so you could use any DAW software you want, didn't mean to say implied or otherwise that Ntrack wouldn't work, I knew UJ prefers reaper so in talking to him is the only reason it was mentioned as an option.
When mine gets here I will try Ntrack on it and let you all know how it turns out.

it's all your fault UJ,
??? lol

dontcare

I'll bump you up a coupla points :- )

eh don’t sweat it,
when I signed up I was 0 for a few weeks…then I blinked one day and went up to 5, then another blink and back down to 1…

I’d like to go back to 0, or slightly above, that would more accurately reflect the time and/o energy spent here for this newb… :agree:

dontcare

‘newb’ lol…

Still think you’re “in hiding” eh?

UJ

“keep sh er hiding” :p

Give it a couple of years, and little computers like that will cost about what a good calculator does now. Won’t that be cool? Can’t wait. :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 08 2011, 7:41 PM)

Give it a couple of years, and little computers like that will cost about what a good calculator does now.
Won't that be cool?
Can't wait.