Name that tune!

And, for the second part of the question; perhaps I’m being a wee bit awkward.

John had decided to rename themselves as The Beatles (after The Crickets), but, they were billed as The Silver Beatles.

Nonetheless, they announced themselves as The Beatles. :) (I know, I was there in Glasgow! lol)

Ali

wild guess, Pete Shotten, I have no clue.

Dang my pork chop fell off me neck.

I went all the way back to Johnny and the Moondogs, I think that was there name then

Yeah, Johnny and the Moondogs, The Quarrymen, The Nurk Twins (the few occasions it was just John and Paul), and a few other names too…

But, as the Beatles? :)

Ali

Well, to unsuspend the suspenders, it was Tommy Moore.

The Silver Beatles (or as they insisted on calling themselves; The Beatles) were the back-up band to Johnny Gentle, and Tommy was the drummer.

And when John, Paul, George and Stu went north to Scotland, Tommy was the man.

Anyway, the next time the lads went around to Tommy’s house to pick him up for a gig, Tommy’s girlfriend told them to “go away”. (Note: the quote in inverted commas is very loosely translated from the original Scouse).

Do you think she ever regrets it? :D

Ali

PS Tommy was last heard of working in a bottling factory on the outskirts of Liverpool.

PPS Mind you, he was probably never assasinated, never forced to chant Hari Krisha, and not even once had to eat one of Linda Eastman’s stinking vegi-burgers. :D

Wow. But - could you fill us in on the original Scouse? Please? :)

Well Tom, knowing Scousers, it probably started with an “F” and ended with an “off”. :D

OK, bonus point…what was Linda Eastman’s real name?

Clue: It was the same as the name of someone who could’ve justifiably be named “the fifth Beatle”.

Ali

Linda Louise Eastman, but was previously married before Paul, not sure of who to.

The original scouse probably started (or ended) with, "You buggers"

And Ali, you said in an earlier post, you couldn’t remember the exact year, cause you were drunk at the time, but this is no excuse for a Scotsman or Irishman, since being drunk is the norm! LOL:D

Strangely enough, her name was Epstein.

Her father was a NY lawyer, but when he joined a New England law firm, he decided (or was advised), that Epstein didn’t really fit in with the Boston Country Club set.

Hence the transformation to Eastman, much more Gentile! lol

Of course, Linda as an aspiring photographer didn’t complain, Linda Kodak sounded much too Slavic, but Eastman was good enough.

There’s never been any suggestion that she started the unfounded rumour that she was a member of the Eastman/Kodak family, but, she sure as #### never discouraged it. :D

Ali

Ahhh, very cool Ali, she was related to a clothing something or other, on her mother’s side I believe? The Eastman/Kodak rumor, yes conveinent, thought of changing my last name to SquarePants so I could claim kinship to SpongeBob.

If you play ‘Band On The Run’ Backwards on an old turntable, it’s says absolutly nothing, LOL:D

Who’s the guitarist that replaced Denny Laine in Wings, he played with the Pretenders for awhile, does the guitar solo in ‘Middle Of The Road’

Beatles trivia - see if you can get these Qs.

Unfortunately, I have more than a passing resembalence to Eddie Deezen, I am aware of it, thank you very much, so no one needs to mention it here, ok? Got it? Cool.

http://www.eddiedeezen.com/beatles.html

Willy.