New member introducing myself.

oh dear… poor ntrack… nobody seems to love it anymore

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 25 2011, 4:04 PM)

oh dear.. poor ntrack... nobody seems to love it anymore

It could look that way, to any new comers.

so how many people here actually use it?.. apart from me because im to stupid to learn how to use a better DAW

I’ve got most of 'em - I just took to n-T for no particular Reason. I’ve never met a prg of any sort that hasn’t had it’s quirks or that I’ve simply not liked.
Re how it looks on this forum!? Anthropology is too big for my head. :laugh:

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 25 2011, 3:46 PM)

Joe! Could you expand slightly on why n-T doesn't suit your work flow?

Well, while I do play several "real" instruments I do rely heavily on virtual instruments to make up the rest of the band/orchestra. I know that N-track has the step sequencer/piano roll but to be honest, the way it's all set up just has me spending more time "figuring out how" and less time being creative. In the other DAW I am moving to, I was making music with real audio AND several virtual instruments within minutes of installation of the demo. I have used both software's before (n track and the other) and I like them both. N-track has changed a quite a bit since v4 (when I was using it). I found myself faced with either using 2 programs and importing between the two, OR using just the one that does everything I want it to do. I chose the latter.
Quote: (JoeD4 @ Jan. 25 2011, 5:13 PM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 25 2011, 3:46 PM)

Joe! Could you expand slightly on why n-T doesn't suit your work flow?

Well, while I do play several "real" instruments I do rely heavily on virtual instruments to make up the rest of the band/orchestra. I know that N-track has the step sequencer/piano roll but to be honest, the way it's all set up just has me spending more time "figuring out how" and less time being creative. In the other DAW I am moving to, I was making music with real audio AND several virtual instruments within minutes of installation of the demo. I have used both software's before (n track and the other) and I like them both. N-track has changed a quite a bit since v4 (when I was using it). I found myself faced with either using 2 programs and importing between the two, OR using just the one that does everything I want it to do. I chose the latter.

Yup. That's what I'm talkin' about. n-T6 was an easyer transition from my previous setup.

I’m still on N after 6 years or so. I heard lots about various other programs and some of my friends use various DAWs but N has always worked for me. It’s had glitches of course but I found the higher spec PC I use and the cleaner I keep it, the better the program runs. I have a quad core machine with 3GB memory and 640GB HDD and I pretty much use it only for music.

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 26 2011, 11:17 AM)

so how many people here actually use it?... apart from me because im to stupid to learn how to use a better DAW

I started on ntrack over 10 years ago. Version 2.3 I think. At the time I found it to be accessible and affordable. I did some major projects in V3 but V4 was pretty unstable and I started to see things going in that I didn't really feel were useful so I started looking at other DAWs as the choice had become much wider.

I tried V5 for a while but it didn't really persuade me enough to jump back. I'm still curious about V6 but so far have not stumped up the cash for a licence.

I do load up old projects in ntrack every now and then if I have some tweaks to do but it it's a serious reawork (sic) then I'll maybe use something else.

I'm very thankful for ntrack as it really got me started and taught me so much. I still think it's one of the easiest DAW software products to get started with.

hey Willy - if that’s your REAL name - my new HDD is 1TB…mwahh ha ha hah… and 4GB RAM…'nuther mwah ha ha haaaaa :agree:

I use resource heavy high end VSTi’s that run in the 10’s of dollars :slight_smile: I need something that works for me.
I hope folks keep using n-Track if it works for them. Simple as that.

Thanks Old Timer…You got that 'lectric stuff down ur way :p
:laugh:

Wow, looks like my “defection” has stirred up some interesting conversation. Good. Keeps the forum poppin’! BTW, it’s official. Flavio has refunded my money to my credit card…picking up the registered version of FL Studio Producer Edition in a week or two. WOOT!!

Quote: (JoeD4 @ Jan. 26 2011, 8:34 AM)

Wow, looks like my "defection" has stirred up some interesting conversation. Good. Keeps the forum poppin'! BTW, it's official. Flavio has refunded my money to my credit card....picking up the registered version of FL Studio Producer Edition in a week or two. WOOT!!

Traitor. :disagree:
Quote: (Unknown1 @ Jan. 26 2011, 9:50 AM)

Traitor.
:disagree:

Nooo... Dude probably wants to get some music down rather than jump through all the weird-azz hoops to keep n half-way running.

Smart move Joe...

Where you goin' wif dat FruitLoops in yo' hann...?

UJ
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 26 2011, 10:09 AM)

Nooo... Dude probably wants to get some music down rather than jump through all the weird-azz hoops to keep n half-way running.

Smart move Joe...

Where you goin' wif dat FruitLoops in yo' hann...?

UJ

:peace: :whistle: I'm goin' down to lay me some sweet tracks.....

I'm tired of messin' around with a broken plan.
:whistle:
:peace:

Gotta do whatcha gotta do… simple.

UJ

Too true, UJ, too true. No offense to anyone who uses/loves Ntrack. It’s a GREAT program in it’s price range. I am just ready for “the next level” of things.

Hey Joe, Great to have you join us :;): sorry it took me so long to catch on and say my hellooo…but heloooo, I’ll look forward to hearing some of your music :agree:

Ange

Quote: (JoeD4 @ Jan. 26 2011, 8:34 AM)

Wow, looks like my "defection" has stirred up some interesting conversation. Good. Keeps the forum poppin'! BTW, it's official. Flavio has refunded my money to my credit card....picking up the registered version of FL Studio Producer Edition in a week or two. WOOT!!

Wow - FL is one bit of software that I never took to. I've tried a whole bunch of iterations of it, too. Anyway, you don't have to use just one bit of kit. And you certainly should visit here.
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 25 2011, 4:17 PM)

so how many people here actually use it?

I do. But I don't speak MIDI, I make my own noises.

I really like that n doesn't hassle you about first creating tracks, then arming them etc etc
Just push the button and GO!

Better the devil you know :laugh:
Quote: (teryeah @ Jan. 26 2011, 12:37 PM)

I don't speak MIDI, I make my own noises.

i had been feeling like a missing link till i read that teryeah
im pleased to find were not all extinct

must go & cook the mammoth steaks for the cavemans dinner now!