New mix 0509

Record at 24.

Mixdown to 16/44.1 (CD ready) with a good quality dither.

Convert to mp3 using a high quality mp3 Codec.

Result? Still sounds like a sucky mp3! :p

Give me full fidelity or give me a peanut butter and banana sandwich!! (Both would be really cool of you…) :laugh:

D

You, me, all engineers, producers, artists and wives of those want all mp3s to maintain the songs original audio quality. But the kids who download them into their portable gear could probably care less.

I think the same argument could be made over the bands live sound where so much is lost when recorded to a wav file?

Yeah… I know… It’s just depressing. It’s why I listen to more classical music these days. It’s not smashed into oblivion by a brick wall limiter and SOUNDS sooo good. Even with the violins wailing away you can still hear the flutes, piccolo’s and clarinets fluttering and lilting away in the background… Convert them to mp3 though and the flutter becomes ‘stutter’… :disagree:

D

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 12 2009, 8:14 PM)

Anyway, who dithers when going to mp3?
I thought that was for 24-16 bits, that sort of thing.

Yea I was talking about dithering the mixdown.
If ya don't you'll loose some quality.
In fact anytime I normalize I dither for quality purposes.

Dither away time? lol
Dwite Yocum = I'm a thousand miles from no where.
Time don't matter to me.
I'm a thousand miles from no where.
And there's no place I want to be.
I've got heart aches in my pocket.
I got echos in my head.
All that I keep hearing are the crewel crewel things that you said. I'm a thousand miles from no where and there's no place I want to be.
I can easily say that I'm a thousand miles from no where!

Hell, just write some new songs and keep wheels of progress turning!
:D
Quote: (Dubious @ Jan. 12 2009, 9:47 PM)

Yeah... I know... It's just depressing. It's why I listen to more classical music these days. It's not smashed into oblivion by a brick wall limiter and SOUNDS sooo good. Even with the violins wailing away you can still hear the flutes, piccolo's and clarinets fluttering and lilting away in the background... Convert them to mp3 though and the flutter becomes 'stutter'...
:disagree:

D

:D I better get off this thread before I get accused of high jacking.

:whistle:
Or you could just go nutz and boogie! Throw caution to the winds of change and dance your honey around the room a couple times.

get your own! stealing my thread indeed… this should be about me! me! me! me! meeeeeeeeeeeeee! :p :laugh:

:laugh:
Quote: (ange @ Jan. 13 2009, 6:21 AM)

get your own! stealing my thread indeed... this should be about me! me! me! me! meeeeeeeeeeeeee! :p
:laugh:

Ah but it IS about you lass! I want to hear all your flutters and lilts. Not stutters and stilts... :)

Get all these tunes finished and on CD where a feller can get full fidelity sound missy!

D

Heh… I notice you DO have one CD for sale on your web site… Hmmm…

D

yup, all you guys need do is give me a nudge and i’ll send ya a link to it.
Ange x

Oh no Ange! I’d rather send you a few George Washington’s to help support your work. Besides, you are getting hitched soon. That old story about “TWO can live as cheaply as ONE”? IT’S CRAP!! :laugh:

D

don’t be daft! you do not need to pay a penny! I’ve sent you the link
:;): x

Quote: (ange @ Jan. 06 2009, 8:51 AM)

Click that!
Quote: (ange @ Jan. 06 2009, 8:51 AM)

Hey guys, Hope you all had a god Christmas and new year.
I turned 25 on new years eve so it was a great one for me!

Anyhow, Just a quickie as I didn't really plan to spend any time back at the desk till next week but....
the amazing TomS and his very talented wife did some work on "0509" last year and I just can't get over how much I love it, I've had it on repeat throughout the whole of christmas (that and "turning of the wheel" /Tom and Mary, "Oh my baby" /Levi and "A million and one things" /Spreadie-well done on the win there sweetie x)

so anyways I just felt that I had to share it...

Ange x

HERE...

Hey Angie Angalena,
I'm going to hear this on my main system tomarrow or later tonight!
;)

excellent :agree:

it’s no 40 in the soundclick acoustic charts, (i’s loooove to get a no 1!) fingers crossed eh…maybe one day :;):

Ange x

:agree: Great guitar playin Ange!
That is you playing that right?
You might as well start accepting the fact that you play really well. Honestly!
And your right about the mix too.
It is completely different from the laptop sound.
In fact on a laptop I could not hear your bass run, that's special!
Mary playing harp is awesome!
The harmony is nice! It's a fine mix and a great song!
Now you owe me!
Owe me what?
What about upgrads Ange?
You'll need a completely separate department in your corporation for handling customers who have purchased earlier versions of your works!!!!!! :p
Levibaby

the amazing thing about mary’s harp is how much it sounds like a flute, if you ask me. :laugh:

the amazing thing about mary’s harp is how much it sounds like a flute, if you ask me. :laugh:

Flarp?

Flurp?

D

Ew - someone flarpted?