New Mixer

Mackie TT24

Anyone have any experience on this beast - I have to learn it ASAP.

Mackie TT24

Hi Poppa Willis:

That looks pretty nice…
What’s it likely to sell for ????

Are those Groups Out Stereo ??

Bill…

I have seen it once Bill - Our church just bought it and I have to learn it - that’s all I know about it. Right now I’m watching the training videos on the Mackie page - looks awesome though don’t it.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ May 01 2008, 5:09 PM)

Anyone have any experience on this beast - I have to learn it ASAP.

Mackie TT24

Honestly, it looks like a booger to setup. Maybe it comes presets for common uses? With the software and a laptop though, looks like you can save and recall configurations pretty easily. Might even have onboard save/recall functionality. Is this going to be for a live gig or studio gig?

I'm kind of 'old school' on the live gigs. I like an analog console so I can instantly grab a knob versus scrolling through screen pages and looking for a 'soft' knob.

D

We have 6 pieces in the band - I agree about the old school hands on - problem is our sound guy has little live experience - so now maybe I can preset all our monitor settings (in ear) and effects - maybe do a couple of different setups for each persons monitor mix and then just have him recall them. It’s automation looks pretty slick. I’m kind’o likin’ it already after seeing what it can do.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ May 01 2008, 6:07 PM)

We have 6 pieces in the band - I agree about the old school hands on - problem is our sound guy has little live experience - so now maybe I can preset all our monitor settings (in ear) and effects - maybe do a couple of different setups for each persons monitor mix and then just have him recall them. It's automation looks pretty slick. I'm kind'o likin' it already after seeing what it can do.

It may be perfect for your situation. Many, many times I have wished our church mixer were digital where I could set it up once and then somehow password protect so the "sound guy" couldn't screw it up...

D

Just had a 2 hour practice with it - gonna be fine - all programmable - everything…

We’ll have it runnin’ itself in a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately it has no effect on the drummer’s timing.

I think I’ll look into a programmable pulsing cattle prod click track for his seat.

Quote:

I think I'll look into a programmable pulsing cattle prod click track for his seat.

Tried that... won't work.

D

Did you thoroughly trouble shoot the set up? What voltage you hit him with? Did you dampen the seat slightly? I’m thinkin’ I can get it to work. Naw, now that I think about it you’re probably right.
:sulk:

Man… you bringing back some baaaad memories Poppa. At our old church, we basically had no choice if we wanted drums but to let the P&W Leader’s step-son play. Every song, every service was an err… adventure. Kid couldn’t keep time with Big Ben sittin’ on the throne with him. :D

"Rollah Coastah! Ooh Ooh Ooh…"

D

I hear ya… I hear ya… It would be different if we were doin’ the Old Rugged Cross and Rock of Ages, but we’re doin some pretty good stuff - a lot of Lincoln Brewster and the likes - no fun with a drummer that ain’t right there. Or right period.
I’ll do my best and be patient though, still I wonder ‘what would Jesus do’ if He was on stage with a Strat strapped on?
:laugh:

Quote:

I'll do my best and be patient though, still I wonder 'what would Jesus do' if He was on stage with a Strat strapped on?

Patience is a virtue... when you can keep from throttlin' their scrawny necks! :laugh:

Jesus would wail bro'... Of course Yaz would be in the congregation going "Strat? You gotta be kiddin'! Boo! Boooo!" :D

You'd like our stuff Poppa. We do Lincoln, Ricardo Sanchez, Rick Pino, Paul Baloche, Brian and Jen Johnson, Israel Houghton etc... Ballads all the way up to the full rockers. Awesome stuff man... awesome! We do the "contemporary thing". A new generation NEEDS new music.

The OLD timey Baptist Church I grew up in STILL does "Just As I Am" for the close of every service. Don't get me wrong... it's a fine old song but there ARE other fine songs out there...

D

Here ya’ go Poppa… visit HERE for a dose of what music we do…

D

Sounds like our playlist artists - good to know…
Hard to beat Baloche’s writing for P&W ain’t it.
By the way check out Willie Nelson’s version of Dylan’s “Serve Somebody” on his new Moment of Forever CD - they jam for eight minutes! Awesome recording.

Sorry Yaz - I likes my Strats… :)

Wow, live sound gettin sofisticated! Nice board Poppa.

For the first time in 40yrs of playing I’ve actually found a great drummer! No, percussionist, this cat is really amazing. He’s using a TrapKat, Roland Brain, sounds pretty awsum too.

STRATS! :disagree:

Ugggh.

Yaz

The TT24 ships with Mackie’s powerful TT Control software, which can be used to control and monitor the console using a laptop or desktop PC. Once connected via a single USB cable, TT Control software provides a large, full-color view of the TT24's touchscreen. In addition to providing a larger view, the TT Control software's interface was designed with daylight usage in mind (i.e. we used black lines on white backgrounds or bright yellow text on black backgrounds). In default setting, the TT24’s LCD screen is mirrored in the in the software, making it easy to keep your hands on the control surface with your eyes on the computer monitor. But the software can also be set up to operate independently of the console if a second engineer is working. Additionally, TT Control allows for convenient file saving and firmware upgrades via PC.

SWEET!

Yep - Wonder if I could patch my Roland STRAT into it via midi and control the sound and play at the same time - hehee

Hi Gents:

I’m not right up on all this MIDI/Control knowledge…
BUT…
Could this could this thing be integrated into a “Control Surface” that the Mixing Desk and multi Track Editors like n-Track can communicate between…
????

Bill…

From what I’ve seen the software is incredibly versatile Bill. We have it on a laptop right now at the console but we could also have it on stage. I’m wondering if we could network it through our WiFi also. For now I’d be happy to know the levels and effects are spot on.