OK - I've caught Drudge in one of his typical

Smears

Sen. Clinton Pushes for Voting Holiday.

Drudge links to the above story as “Sen. Clinton: Let all ex-felons vote…”.

This is total bias. It’s taken out of context & isn’t even the main point of the article. It gives a totally distorted view of Clinton & want she actually says.

Nice journalism.

Mr Soul

no, it’s not the main point, but it is a point of the article. are you denying this?

Pretty much the same as your saying "typical Drudge smear…"

not the main point, but you have a point…right????

Er Mike against my better judgement, (I don’t care about ANYTHING Sen. Clinton has to say) I followed the link. It’s all true. So what’s the point?

TG

So what, just because you’ve done time, you’re no longer a citizen?

Voting is a right of citizenship, it has nothing to do with criminal justice. I think prisoners in jail should have the right to vote, why not they’re still citizens aren’t they?

.-=gp=-.

Quote (chutz @ Feb. 17 2005,19:08)
So what, just because you've done time, you're no longer a citizen?

Voting is a right of citizenship, it has nothing to do with criminal justice. I think prisoners in jail should have the right to vote, why not they're still citizens aren't they?

.-=gp=-.

I wasn't debating the issue. Just pointing out the link from Drudge was not false.

However, IMO, NO. Felons should not be allowed to vote. They pissed that privelige away.

TG

Did you post the wrong link Mike? When I clicked on it, it took me to an article on news.yahoo.com that was written by "DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer."

How does Drudge fit in with this news story?

Besides that, the story itself isn’t that bad. Though I don’t think that people in jail should be able to vote, I’m really unsure about denying the vote to someone that has "paid their debt to society."

Methinks you be a bit too paranoid sometimes.

Sometimes I just have to yell: "Oh Lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood…"

This is very simple. The link is correct & the story is correct, but that’s NOT what I’m saying here. Drudge linked to the story but made up a negative, biased title to fit his political bent. That’s the point I’m trying to make. We’re only talking about BIAS here. Other links Drudge will use the same title but not this one.

Bias can often be subtle, as we talked about here on this forum, but with Drudge it’s like a frieght train.

Another trick that Drudge will do is to use very unflattering pictures of liberals/Democrat’s and great pictures of conservatives/Republicans. He does this ALL THE TIME.

He did it a very tiny bit today when the Dean picture he used, but I’ve seen it much, much worst.

Mr Soul

I see.

I don’t know what the big deal is though. People who really care about it will go read the whole story. If they don’t care…they don’t care.

TG

OK, gonna regret this, But Mike, you post only biased liberal left wing anti right wing anti-republican articles. Changing the world for the better of our kids and grandkids and great grandkids isn’t finger pointing. I think getting off our arses and doing something about it is the answer. There is no blue/red, no left/right, no skin color, no language difference, we’re all human, regardless of what governments teach (brain wash) us into believing. The whole point is getting upset over politics. Politics is what? Definition anyone? The ability to sell ones self to the public as a servant for the betterment of the constituants(sp) as a spokes person for the bullshit the constituants want implemented into law because it serves their greedy little purposes better.

Did that sound f7cked up or what.

Oh well, “World Famous for Dicking Around”. Ali/nergle explain this tv show to me please.:smiley:

Quote (YazMiester @ Feb. 18 2005,05:44)
OK, gonna regret this, But Mike, you post only biased liberal left wing anti right wing anti-republican articles.

Are you saying that Mike is the n-Track forum equivalent of a left-wing Matt Drudge?!? Say it ain't so!

:D
Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 17 2005,21:28)
This is very simple. The link is correct & the story is correct, but that's NOT what I'm saying here. Drudge linked to the story but made up a negative, biased title to fit his political bent. That's the point I'm trying to make. We're only talking about BIAS here. Other links Drudge will use the same title but not this one.

Apparently you've got no idea just how weak this argument sounds. Really... If you were complaining about newsmax.com or Rush Limbaugh or whatever, you'd probably have a case, but this is just plain silly, and borders on whining.
:p
Quote (John @ Feb. 18 2005,07:53)
but this is just plain silly, and borders on whining.
:p

Which is exactly what the whole article is about. Clinton and Kerry dashing about claiming their great humanitarian cause of getting these people their right to vote back. What they want is more voters for them which they feel is what will happen because the majority of these people will see the Dems as some kind of heros. I can hear them in their planning sessions...

Kerry: "Sniff...sniff...missed by THIS much....come on guys...how do we fix it?"

Clinton: "It's too late for you twerp....I know! Lets go after the criminal vote!"

This is way beyond whining on their part, its just disgusting. The other part of the article, a "Voting Holiday" is not a bad idea but still asinine. If a person wants to exercise their PRIVELIGE to vote, they can get to the polls. Holiday or not.

TG

PS The funny thing is, they probably think crap like this will influence "middle of the road-ers" like me. It works! They are pushing me farther AWAY all the time..........

So you disagree that the Drudge Report is a right-wing biased media outlet? A simple yes or no will suffice. However, if yes, you must explain why you disagree, because Drudge is one of the “original” right-wing media guys if you care to read about his history.

There’s another one on Drudge today “GEFFEN UNLOADS ON HILLARY: ‘SHE CAN’T WIN’”. This isn’t a story. Who cares whether David Geffen supports Hilliary or not. She hasn’t even said that she’s running in 2008, yet this is Drudge’s MAIN STORY. This is uttter, right-wing biased crap.

John - do you remember when we had this discussion about bias in the media with ksdb? We talked about all these issues in those threads.

Mr Soul

it isn’t a story?

Drudge didn’t file it, so SOMEONE thinks it is a story besides him.

I didn’t even read it on Drudge. It was in the Daily News. And I am sure every other mainstream rag.

Edit-I haven’t found it anywhere but the Daily News…YET

obviously, SOMEONE thinks it’s a story besides that insidious trouble maker Drudge!!! EDIT- ok, maybe not…YET

:)

So you disagree that the Drudge Report is a right-wing biased media outlet? A simple yes or no will suffice.

The world is not as black and white as you would like it to be. Like I said, your argument would hold much more weight if you were talking about the bias of newsmax.com or Rush Limbaugh... You'd be right. But here... The guys posts links to legitimate news stories. He's almost the right-wing version of you. The difference is that people take him seriously, and it's rare that I've seen him post commentary, whereas you tend to drone on and on for days until you've beaten the dead horse to a liquified pulp. :D

John - do you remember when we had this discussion about bias in the media with ksdb? We talked about all these issues in those threads.

This is one of your "dismissive" tactics. Implying that the matter has already been discussed and settled. Hah. :p
Quote (clark_griswold @ Feb. 18 2005,11:21)
*Edit-I haven't found it anywhere but the Daily News...YET*

That's because the left-wing biased news outlets are covering up the story because it might make Hillary look bad.

Touche'

:laugh:
:)

This conversation is worthless.

I’m saying that this Drudge “headline news story” would not qualify as news using KSDB’s news standards (do you remember him). I’m saying that Drudge is as baised as any so-called left-wing, liberally biased news. And I’m saying that if you guys don’t recognize that, that it’s not worth discussing anymore. I’m DONE.

Could somebody please enlighten me about the revulsion felt for Hilary Clinton. I didn’t live in this country during the Clinton years so my recollection of her during that time is fuzzy at best. But I have read her book which was a pretty boring read really. I’d just like to know if there’s any particular gripes people have with her. I mean, is it just that she’s a liberal-minded person - is that all it takes to be so derided these days ? Or is she regarded as even worse than your average bleeding-heart leftie. If so, why ? This is an honest question.