OK - I've caught Drudge in one of his typical

I wish I had an honest answer!

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,12:25)
that it's not worth discussing anymore. I'm DONE.

You're actually quitting?!? No way!

:D

“I voted to be done before I voted to go on…”

:p

Could somebody please enlighten me about the revulsion felt for Hilary Clinton.
First of all, many people like & admire Hillary (I being one of them).

The short answer is that she's an out spoken, intelligent woman, a liberal and is married to Bill Clinton, and therefore she was First Lady. The right-wing lead a concerted, but baseless, attack on Bill Clinton for years. That culmulated in his impeachment and subsequent acquittal. Hillary was a target in those attacks also. Plus they have to continue to attack her because she's involved in politics & may run for President.

Mr Soul

Nevermind.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,14:20)
The right-wing lead a concerted, but baseless, attack on Bill Clinton for years.

Yep, they were the targets of attacks by their political opponents, just as Bush has been constantly in the crosshairs on his "enemies." *But* to say that all of the attacks against the Clintons were baseless is about as accurate as saying that Bush is a great public speaker.

I agree that some of the attacks against Bush are also baseless, but we’re not talking about Bush. What attacks against Clinton were NOT baseless John, e.g., murdering Vince Foster, smuggling cocaine in Arkansas? Sure he had an affair with Monica but he was acquitted by the Senate - end of story.

You should see “The Hunting of the President”. It’s all there.

Mr Soul

what is the sequel, “Lying to the G.J?”

OK, gonna regret this, But Mike, you post only biased liberal left wing anti right wing anti-republican articles.
Sure - I'm the anti-Drudge like I said but I'm up front about it (actually Drudge is probably up front about it too). I'm not against all Republicans - just the right-wing ones who lie & smear all the time.
Quote (clark_griswold @ Feb. 18 2005,15:02)
what is the sequel, "Lying to the G.J?"

It was lying to the American public on national TV.

I did not have sex with that woman...Ms. Lewinski..

TG

By his own admission Mr. Clinton lied in his testimony in the private Paula Jones case when he denied a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky and said that he could not remember having been alone with her in the White House. He also was less than candid with the grand jury about the nature of his relationship with Ms. Lewinsky and his efforts to encourage her to lie and suppress evidence of gifts he had given to her.

Without explanation, in his memoir Clinton departs from his grand jury testimony and corroborates her version: "During the government shutdown in late 1995, when very few people were allowed to come to work in the White House, and those who were there were working late, I’d had an inappropriate encounter with Monica Lewinsky and would do so again on other occasions between November and April, when she left the White House for the Pentagon."

And there you have it. Clinton said one thing to the grand jury, and another thing in his book. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

We don’t need to re-hash all this Clark, but you need to understand some facts.

1) Clinton was acquitted by the Senate - that’s all you need to know. In case you don’t know what they means, it’s like if you got accussed of doing something but the jury found you innocent.

Clinton tried very hard not to perjure himself in the Jones’ deposition.

2) Article’s II - <!–QuoteBegin>

The president provided perjurious, false and misleading testimony in the Jones case in his answers to written questions and in his deposition
, and Aricle IV - <!–QuoteBegin>
The president misused and abused his office by making perjurious, false and misleading statements to Congress.

DID NOT PASS CLARKE. THEY NEEDED TO HAVE PASSED FOR THIS WHOLE THING TO STICK.

END OF STORY.

Mr Soul

Water under the bridge…but one has to wonder… what else did he lie about? If Hillapotamus thought it was OK for him to lie about these things…makes me wonder about HER morals…or possible lack of… Hillary for Prez? No way???

TG

TG - have you ever lied about anything (and don’t lie now :laugh: )

Mr Soul

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,16:15)
1) Clinton was acquitted by the Senate - that's all you need to know. In case you don't know what they means, it's like if you got accussed of doing something but the jury found you innocent.

Does that mean he didn't screw around with all those women? Er...No. It means the "boss" did not want to go through the hassle of firing him. If I was caught in the act with a co-worker in the office, I'd be thrown outta here in a wink.

I'm sorry dude. Clinton was a liar and a cheat any way you slice it.

TG
You misunderstand me. He was a liar & he cheated on his wife - there's no debating that. He should have not lied to us about Monica but he was trying to save his ass. But he also apologized & can be forgiven - right?

All us "liberals" are saying is that these were not impeachment offenses. For impeachment to not be partisan, there has to be some from both parties that vote. In the Clinton impeachment, this wasn't the case.

In the Nixon case, there were Republicans that would have voted to impeach him because what he did was to try to subvert the government, which is an impeachable offense.

Mr Soul
Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,16:19)
TG - have you ever lied about anything (and don't lie now :laugh: )

Mr Soul

There is a VAST difference in a "little white" lie and bangin' the hired help on the job behind your wifes back.

I have not nor will I ever cheat on my wife. I promised that when I married her. Maybe Hill and Bill did not make wedding vows? Or is that their version of "Liberal"?

Does "lying" to my kids about the Tooth-Fairy count? It's too much trouble to keep your story straight. Even the ex-President had problems with that yes?

Anyway, like I said, water under the bridge.....

Have a good weekend......Y'ALL!

TG
Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,16:38)

You misunderstand me. He was a liar & he cheated on his wife - there's no debating that. He should have not lied to us about Monica but he was trying to save his ass. But he also apologized & can be forgiven - right?

All us "liberals" are saying is that these were not impeachment offenses. For impeachment to not be partisan, there has to be some from both parties that vote. In the Clinton impeachment, this wasn't the case.

In the Nixon case, there were Republicans that would have voted to impeach him because what he did was to try to subvert the government, which is an impeachment offense.

Mr Soul
Dang. You are a fast poster!

Yes he can be forgiven. But do I now TRUST him? Makes it tough for me.... I hope he has asked forgiveness where it counts the most.

Impeachment offenses? Its an issue of morality for me. Maybe they are a little too "liberal"? Also, would you hire a known rapist to baby-sit your teen-age daughter? NO! They shoulda booted his tail.

TG
Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,16:15)
Clinton tried very hard not to perjure himself in the Jones' deposition.

Thanks for trying at least Willie...you douche.

Mike, I understand it ALL, believe me. Just because I don't agree, please do not assume it is a lack of understanding.

I understand he PERJURED himself. Period. End of story.
Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,15:00)
You should see "The Hunting of the President". It's all there.

And you should read "Dereliction Of Duty," it's all there too.