SHARK TANK

Featuring the ghost of Screaming Lord Sutch.

Lol ya got the song finished yet?

All the girls I flirt with r gonna think that I’m mean mean a mean mean man for that last one.
Blame it on bubba :laugh:

OK! Nice to see you back here, Levi!

Awww shucks, thanks tomS!
I didn’t really leave, just lost my equipment and couldnt navigate ntrack.com on a samsung :laugh:
But now like kYdenkross I dont need a Swiss army knife, i’v got an iPhone :wink:

Cool!

Yeah - I watched it last summer/fall. I liked it.

They did fund a songwriter/teacher who wrotes songs about Shakespeare or history (or something like that). I was really surprised because I thought it was a hairbrain scheme. But I doubt if a “songwriter” who be able to get on because none of them were in the entertainment buz.

So true MrSoul! :agree:
Best bet is to find someone who seriously needs a write-off :D

I just saw that the show is still on! This guy came on with this product line (forget what it was) and they offered him $225,000 for his business and 7% for the rest of his life on the condition that he would be fired immediately. Obviously the guy was a little miffed but he refused the offer!!! What an idiot.

Quote: (Mr Soul @ Jun. 16 2011, 7:30 AM)

I just saw that the show is still on! This guy came on with this product line (forget what it was) and they offered him $225,000 for his business and 7% for the rest of his life on the condition that he would be fired immediately. Obviously the guy was a little miffed but he refused the offer!!! What an idiot.

Oh I saw that one. That was the guy with the spray that demolecularizes urine (and its smell). The spray was also bio-friendly, he also sprayed into his mouth. I can understand his point of view. The sharks take away his "child", i.e. his invention, or co-invention, co-founder, whatever it is (was never stated if he was a chemical engr or what) and make him rich for life. But that's the issue, it's his idea and once that's taken away from him (sign the dotted line), he gets fired. He's basing it on principle, and the fact that his name, as part of a trademark, etc, won't even be mentioned. It would be like Thomas Edison invents the lightbulb (we know that in hindsight, heh), goes to the Shark Tank, takes the same deal, gets fired and the world will never know he was the actual guy who made it up in the first place. No amount of money will ever bring back that kind of historical legacy. People will see Thomas Edison on Shark Tank TV, but in 3 centuries, that little bit of detail goes away in history books. Of course no one also really knows if Edison stole the light bulb from someone else. Could be possible, happens all the time. Another example perhaps is that you write a song, but you give everything away, you aren't legally allowed credentials on it whatsoever, and so really depends if you want to get rich or have the name, but not both. Of course, in most cases, good singer/song writers and bands get cake and eat it too. I also recall two inventors who went to the courts about a century ago, I think it was for the vacuum tube/thermionic valve (?) or something, and took years and years to get through. Literally sucked the life and time out of one of the guys, trying to get his "principle" back and he never did, he got old for nothing. Someone else here might know what I'm talking about, can't fully recall it.

Anyway, the other unknown factor is if these sharks successfully market his urine-out spray invention. There goes the neighborhood, he might have a tough time trying to get the idea back, once the sharks patent it, etc. He did say he hasn't patented it because competitors can reverse engineer his patent, chemically altering just a little so they can make a patent of their own. Of course with this kind of television exposure, this guy might have another opportunity with another entrepeneur(s). Well whatever the case the guy may not have enough business sense, as the sharks told him, but he does have the sense to keep the invention to himself and hopefully he becomes successful with it, and gets namesake, moola, legacy, history and everything. Now if all he wanted is money then that's fine too, you just have to give up everything else. It's much better luck than winning the country's lottery. :)

...geez, didn't think I would write this long, lmao.

7% of what? Of profits? He’d never see any. And they wouldn’t give him 7% of gross. Nope, refusing that offer was entirely correct.

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 16 2011, 3:51 PM)

7% of what?
Of profits?
He'd never see any.
And they wouldn't give him 7% of gross.
Nope, refusing that offer was entirely correct.

Shark 's proposal was supposedly based on projected profits in the 100s of millions. Based on just 50,000,000
7% would be 3,500,000. If you didn't want the headaches, that's some good lunch money

Levi, if you are ever in a similar situation, come talk to me first. :) It is so easy to show no profit when in fact lots of money is coming through. I’ve seen it happen repeatedly.

LoL ok I will do that.
I was only playing devils advocate.
I’m not looking for any big money.
But it would be nice to put a killer band together.

That’s another interest I have in BCC,
people are calling them a ‘super group’
but as far as I know they are indie.

Super group implies more than super talent. That also implies big record deals, the biz has changed. But big pop acts still go with big label deals. Think there needs to be some brain storming with rock power brokers. It only takes shaping what is seen on mainstreams. Brian seacrest is shaping the biz at the moment as much as anyone.

You are so right, there are no more supergroups. Then again, rock is dead.

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 20 2011, 3:07 AM)

rock is dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHZ7nvBSLY

TomS I didn’t say there where no super groups, BCC is a super group. I don’t know if the’re signed to a super deal or not.
Don’t think they care to be

So true mark

Quote: (Mark A @ Jun. 19 2011, 1:34 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 20 2011, 3:07 AM)

rock is dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHZ7nvBSLY

Exactly my point.
That is a song from 30-odd years ago.
:)

Levi, you said it, no taking it back, there are no more super groups, rock is dead!
:D

Some evidence from across the pond:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/11/is-rock-finally-dead

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/dec/16/dont-stop-believin-2010

I don’t buy that particular terminology
To a large degree it’s glory day is gone but it still has a pulse and there is more glory to have
It would only take one super group to wake it up a little hint hint. It’s in our movies, sports, it’s every where
To much typing on a phone, your nutz :laugh: