SHARK TANK

How about “pound for pound”… Hmmmmm? No I guess that would be to much drummer and a tad to Brit :laugh:

How about “Nine Pound Hammer”

Im just goofin,
mr soul’s got it with “Sharks”

Well where is it? Thought you wrote songs in 15 min or less?

Ok nap time :laugh:

:)

I haven't had time to record squat for several weeks.
Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 21 2011, 3:26 PM)

No, no, no nonononono.
Really, guys, if you are EVER in this sort of situation, talk to me first!
Of course they thought it would make money.
The thing is, "profit" is an accounting construct.
IN order to avoid paying someone a percentage of profits, all you have to do is make sure that expenses eat up any profit.
And then make sure that the expenses are paid to you in some way.
Voila.
They end up with a lot of money even though there was no profit!

You guys are pulling my leg, aren't you?

Yup... how we do it at my place. There is no profit as we pay out to ourselves FIRST as a distribution... rather pay tax on money in my pocket rather than money on a ledger. Profit means jack until you are publicly traded and have investors who want to see it on the balance sheet for dividends. For instance, our earnings last year were about $8 mil... profit... maybe $15k as we had to have something in the checking account to cover the light bill. I can almost guarantee that 100s of mil was earnings, not profit. If I were paid on profit of the biz, I would be very, very broke. If it were 7% based on earnings, that is a whole other deal. Earnings <> profit. We are trying to sell the place and the discussion revolves around earnings and expenses... profit never comes up. So all that to say, if he was offered 7% of profit... run like hell. 7% of earnings... gimmie! (Assuming it is patented... don't want them to buy him off, sink the orignal company, and then to reinvent under another name.)
Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 23 2011, 9:32 AM)

I haven't had time to record squat for several weeks.

Justmessin with you fhomaS I'll need some equipment, pretty soon :agree:

Thx bubba… The sharks offer was probably based on 7% of the earnings instead of profits…that would make a much more solid offer…

Try this. 45 minutes from beginning to end, while the wife and kids were out shopping for new bathing suits. :laugh:

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track/shark-tank

Have you watched the show?
You’ll have to rewrite all the lyrics.
The one deal that we pointed out was the one and only kind of mean deal they had… It’s a winning proposition there usually, all based on sure things. There are no losers that get deals baby :))
Oh buy the way, you captured some nice moments in the song tommY
nice tones mattie that’s alot of nice stuff in just 45 min

rewrite? How can I rewrite when I hardly even wrote? :laugh: It is what it is. Never seen the show, actually. I just wanted to justify keeping this thread here. Your turn, same title. :) (also, thanks for the nice comment, undeserved tho it may be)

It takes me 45 mis just to set the levels, tune up etc. :agree:

Who actually sets levels? Oh, I know, people who make good recordings. :laugh:

Why do I feel like I’m in a bowlin alley? :laugh: Hey, wanna go bowlin sometime?

Well, I’ll go for the beer. I think the best game I ever bowled in my life was about 140.

What I’m trying to say is that all of a sudden I felt like I was in a compatition of some kind.
My turn and all.
I just started with this company and don’t have my equipment on board.
Thats why I offered a vocal line. My iPhone has a pretty nice sounding mic!

You can use the n-track iPhone app. Do something at 122 BPM, in the key of A. The assignment is due next Friday. You will lose 5% per day for each day your paper is late.

Over here the TV Series is carried by the CBC…
The Show is called “The Dragon’s Den”…
There are five “Money People” that the inventors pitch their inventions to, looking for money to support their cause…
However, the Dragons are somewhat tight with their investment money… They don’t loosen up unless that can own better than 51% of the business…
My Take Is:
It’s very unfair to the the people pitching their inventions…

One of the Dragons is Kevin O’Leary…
For the fun of it…
Do a Google on his name…

As far as I know, Kevin don’t like Blues…
Up-Town Country…
????
Maybe…
hehe
WELL…

Bill…

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 24 2011, 9:27 PM)

You can use the n-track iPhone app.
Do something at 122 BPM, in the key of A.
The assignment is due next Friday.
You will lose 5% per day for each day your paper is late.

Hi Tommy I missed this some how...have been on a new load assignment and giving this new job full attention and of course Pacos grand entrance and all side tracked me in a good way....
Ya I know n has an I phone app. Not sure I'm ready fore that On this phone
I'll have to ponder my options to think of the best way to do it.