So, let's say this Fabio guy croaks.

Quote (Doug W @ Feb. 06 2005,14:06)
If Flavio were to quit nTrack: All our software would dissipate, my wife would leave me and my kids would mock me as misguided old fool and what tiny abilities I now have as a guitarist would turn into vapor.

So thanks for the heads up Fartgas.

:D :D :D :D

Wow, that sounds like it would be bad, Doug! Let's hope it doesn't come to that! :)
Quote (stormboy @ Feb. 06 2005,17:19)
silvermachina / Chris Brandle, he has tracks recorded that
show he's ready for combat, tight programming with intent to rule, I like that attitude and I also like the sequencing approach combined with a guitar and vocal....

Whereas Jeremy....... aren't you still using version 2.3 of N-track? Whatever marine! My advice just stay out of SM's line of fire or you'll get taken out!

regards

Thanks for the positive comments about the music. I shouldn't even have replied to mr. "Jerm" in the first place. Its just beating a dead horse. I apologize if my cursing offended anyone...though I think the only one really offended was Jerm himself. I just work too hard to take negative comments from someone like that. I'm spent. Off to make music.
Its just beating a dead horse.

I'm into sadism, necrophilia, and bestiality.

Am I too, just beating a dead horse? ???

Ali :laugh:
Quote (Fartgas @ Feb. 06 2005,12:42)
- or even decides to throw in the towel and spend the rest of his days retrieving cockles & mussles on the shores of Italia. Ever think about it, fools? Anyone who places all their bets or throws all of their coin at a one-trick-pony is asking for it. Now might be the time to reserve a backup copy of Ableton or Sonar! ??? :D

And so what does "Fabio" have to do with any recording program? ???

Last I knew, he was just some pretty-boy actor/model. :laugh:

Anyway, I bet chicks would dig Flavio more!

Flavio is a class act, whereas you FartGas are nothing more than smelly hot air that will eventually dissipate.
Quote (stormboy @ Feb. 06 2005,17:19)
silvermachina / Chris Brandle, he has tracks recorded that
show he's ready for combat, tight programming with intent to rule, I like that attitude and I also like the sequencing approach combined with a guitar and vocal....

Whereas Jeremy....... aren't you still using version 2.3 of N-track? Whatever marine! My advice just stay out of SM's line of fire or you'll get taken out!

regards

yeah, stormboy,
what does the version 2.3 have to do with anything?
If you think that a version of software is going to make or break your sound you shouldn't even be writing music.
Anyway my moto has always been if it aint broke don't fix it. I've seen nothing but problems over the years with people upgrading versions and OS, so why should I care.
Anyway 6 years ago you would have been happy with the same version I'm using today, so what has changed in that time that makes you upgraders so special? OK, so processor speed has changed, but other than that I'm lookin' at the same thing as everyone else.
But I actually have an advantage of sorts, because with my higher processor speed and lower version I actually come out ahead in CPU no?
Also, I'm not afraid of machina, and all his hateful comments, maybe that intimadates you, but to me it's just a sign of immaturity. If your somehow intimidated by his aggression I feel for you bro.
Five other people told him the same thing about his mix, I happened to be the first, and so he's holdin' a grudge fo me, oh well.
As a matter of fact I wouldn't have even comented on his song, but I felt sorry for him since it was slipping off the page without a single responce, after a bump no less. Man was that a major mistake, that I have got nothing but grief for every since.
I never resorted to name calling, I never tried to insult his music, I never held a grudge. So as it stands I can walk away without a care or regret.

Regardless of were his music goes, I like it. And regardless of the names he calls me because he can't deal with someone seeing things different, I still love him, and his music.
So really he's not hurting me with his mean words, only himself. I will forgive and forgret, I only hope he can do the same.

jerm

Fartgas = Troll.

Mr Soul (hey that rhymes!)

Mike, you’re spot on, but just one deviation from the standard troll model here.

He didn’t have to do any stirring after the initial comment.
Kinda just started the thing and then the sparks started flying.

Hey Jeremy I’m not intimidated by SM or you for that matter,
in fact I’m a happy camper because N-tracks came to my attention only recently which then introduced me to the world of VSTi’s which I’ve bought into in a big way.

I do think you are deluded if you think your operating the same software as the current versions (just cause it looks the same) because software developers like musicians are creative and they will be tinkering to make things better as they get more knowledge etc, I’m sure Flavio is no exception to this premise.

regards

Quote (silvermachina @ Feb. 06 2005,17:59)
I apologize if my cursing offended anyone...though I think the only one really offended was Jerm himself. I just work too hard to take negative comments from someone like that. I'm spent. Off to make music.

Just a bit of advice from someone that's been sucking air longer than you (danm, am I really 40?!?)... You might want to try to keep that over-inflated ego of yours in check. On first impression, you come across as a real prick. That sort of thing turns people off, and they'll stop listening to you, no matter how good your music my be (or not).

-John
:cool:

For straight up audio multi-tracking, n-Track is a flat-out BARGAIN. I read a gazillion posts on other forums where people are having buttloads of problems with Sonar, Cubase, Nuendo, etc… Guess what? I have $80 tied up in n-Track software. Nuendo is $1300. If Flavio bellies up or something, I’m STILL $1220 ahead!

Go eat a few Burritos Mr. Fartgas. You’re kind of weak…wimp.

TG

Quote (John @ Feb. 07 2005,08:48)
Quote (silvermachina @ Feb. 06 2005,17:59)
I apologize if my cursing offended anyone...though I think the only one really offended was Jerm himself. I just work too hard to take negative comments from someone like that. I'm spent. Off to make music.

Just a bit of advice from someone that's been sucking air longer than you (danm, am I really 40?!?)... You might want to try to keep that over-inflated ego of yours in check. On first impression, you come across as a real prick. That sort of thing turns people off, and they'll stop listening to you, no matter how good your music my be (or not).

-John

I'm not into caring about what others think of my personality. Thats truly my last concern. But yeah I'll be honest, comments about the music get to me at times. Not because it makes me question my abilities, moreso because it brings to my attention the arrogance and ignorance of others before I even open my mouth. Some people don't get the genre, some people don't understand the lyrics, some people are assholes for no good reason. Then I come out looking like the bad guy when I tell them to fuck off. Oh well. I just keep on keepin' on. There have been plenty who believe in what I do and plenty who will, prick or not. If I believe in it and keep moving forward, I've won.

"There were alot of other bands out there that had alot more fun than we did...but then again, they all sucked" - Billy Corgan

[quote=silvermachina,Feb. 07 2005,11:23][/quote]
<!–QuoteBegin>

I’m not into caring about what others think of my personality.

Don’t underestimate the value of a little charm and some elementary people-skills. Listeners like to feel a connection not only to the music they hear, but to the artist as well. Look at The Beatles, in their early interviews they were friendly and funny. People latched on to them not only for their music, but because The Beatles were a likeable group of kids.

<!–QuoteBegin>
But yeah I’ll be honest, comments about the music get to me at times. Not because it makes me question my abilities, moreso because it brings to my attention the arrogance and ignorance of others before I even open my mouth.

I’m guessing that you posted your music here and asked for opinions, yes? You asked for comments, and when someone took the time to listen, but gave you an opinion that you didn’t agree with, you call them “arrogant” and “ignorant.” That’s a he11 of a thing to do…

If all you want is a positive reviews and to hear someone tell you that you’re a musical genius, maybe you should stick to playing your music for your mom and girlfriend, they’ll always love your stuff, everytime!

If you want honesty, keep posting your music here (and other similar forums).

<!–QuoteBegin>
If I believe in it and keep moving forward, I’ve won.

Maybe, maybe not. However, I guarantee you that the going will be much easier if you learn to respect others a bit more and drop the self-centered arrogance when it comes to dealing with your music.

<!–QuoteBegin>
“There were alot of other bands out there that had alot more fun than we did…but then again, they all sucked” - Billy Corgan

Based on that comment, he’s a prick. A rich prick, but a prick nontheless.

-John

For many years now I have lived life with the “who gives a fat rats ass” attitude. I listen when people critique and sometimes I blow it off. Art is all about inner creativity, to #### with the critics. As the old saying goes “opinions are like Aholes, everybodys got one”. I am a professional photographer, and turned my back on the whole gallery thing, after showing in D.C. and NY. I have sold works on the east coast and been published in Vogue, but am tired of everyones interpretation of what my art means. I do it for myself. I hate money!!! It truly is the root of all evil! Never lose focus of who your art is for. I do post here and other places because sometimes it is good to have a set of fresh ears. I have pretty thick skin and have found in the past that some opinions I have gotten here were helpful. You don’t have to agree with everybody’s comments.

and by the way, I think flavio is only 14. He is a computer genious :)

Quote (jeromee @ Feb. 07 2005,12:50)
For many years now I have lived life with the "who gives a fat rats ass" attitude. I listen when people critique and sometimes I blow it off. Art is all about inner creativity, to #### with the critics. As the old saying goes "opinions are like Aholes, everybodys got one".

It's one thing to ignore the critics, but quite another to *solicit* for opinions and then start name-calling when people tell you something that you don't want to hear.

And it's OK, to be an a$$hole if you want, but you should never lose respect for your audience.

Who are you creating your art for anyway? Just for yourself? That's nothing more than creative masturbation. (I'm just as guilty as everyone else of this! :laugh: )

As creators, we all want others to appreciate what we do; to "get" it. But when they don't, it's a bit silly to claim that you never cared about what they thought in the first place.

Music is meant to heard, and art is meant to be seen. <-- my .$02

-John
Quote (jeromee @ Feb. 07 2005,12:58)
and by the way, I think flavio is only 14. He is a computer genious :)

Then I guess we don't have to worry about him dying from old-age anytime soon! :;):

All I am saying is that if you listen to the critics and change your original focus to meet what everyone else thinks it should be, than it is very easy to get caught up in creating art for money. Money is supposed to be a by-product of your art. To me, music is art as well, am I wrong? If I am then I am just a stinkin’ musician :D

…Where is the original thread? I remember Jeremy and SM getting into it a long time ago - was this before the last crash?

Quote (jeromee @ Feb. 07 2005,13:07)
All I am saying is that if you listen to the critics and change your original focus to meet what everyone else thinks it should be, than it is very easy to get caught up in creating art for money. Money is

I think it's an matter of creating something that you like, and that other people like as well. Of course for one to create music that you hate just to make some $$$ is no good, either.

So far I've managed to create stuff that *I* like, but I'm still working on the "other people like" part. I guess that makes me my own biggest fan! :laugh:

-John

lol@this guy thinking hes hot shit for getting national radio play… i bet your not even registered with soundscan or w/the broadcasting system… fkin noobs… moron.