Some Republicans really do care about us.

Quote (Pancho @ Oct. 04 2006,22:00)
not only am I still unsure about the supposed difference between Republicans and Democrats, ...

Historically, Republicans have supported State's rights, low regulations on economic ventures, a strong military, fiscal responsibility and conservative social initiatives.

Democrats have traditionally supported consolidation of political power on the federal level, economic regulation, international diplomacy, and liberal social initiatives (think equal rights and keeping government out of personal lives).

Currently, it looks more like this:

Republican Party:
Winning the war on terror
Ushering in an ownership era
Building an innovative, globally competitive economy
Strengthening communities
Protecting families from socially liberal agendas.

Democratic party:
Improving national security
Improving international diplomacy
Modernizing the military
Strengthening the economy
Improving public education
Protecting social security
Providing affordable health care
Ensuring honesty in government
Reforming the election process
Protecting the environment
Ensuring justice and civil liberties

I have my chin out, go ahead and take a swing...

Mike

After apology, GOP rallies to Hastert’s defense
<!–QuoteBegin>

“He really ought not be a sacrificial lamb,” former Secretary of State James Baker III said Friday.

Yes, I agree.
<!–QuoteBegin>
“If they throw Denny Hastert off the sled to slow down the wolves, it won’t be long before you’ll be crying, ’Hey, you’ve got to throw somebody else over because they knew about it too,”’ Baker said.

Oh , yes, I whole-heartedly agree again. Quite a few folks have come forward admitting they knew. Is anyone that knew in hot water because they didn’t follow up?
Quote (phoo @ Oct. 06 2006,04:40)
After apology, GOP rallies to Hastert's defense
“He really ought not be a sacrificial lamb,” former Secretary of State James Baker III said Friday.

Yes, I agree.
“If they throw Denny Hastert off the sled to slow down the wolves, it won’t be long before you’ll be crying, ’Hey, you’ve got to throw somebody else over because they knew about it too,”’ Baker said.
Oh , yes, I whole-heartedly agree again. Quite a few folks have come forward admitting they knew. Is anyone that knew in hot water because they didn't follow up?
Throw 'em all to the wolves and let the wolves sort it out.

or let's get Kenny Star to investigate all of 'em. That should clean 'em all out by '08.

Viva la Revolution

KF

How far back DID they know?

2000?

Yeesh… this is sickening… :(

D

1995? Man… that REALLY makes me feel better… NOT!! Our “leadership” has probably sunken to a whole new level of LOW… :(

D