The big fight

Like I said Thomas… that’s really gonna help a feller put meat on the table… (where’s the damn roll-eyes smilie on here?)

Maybe you should study electronics engineering? Or quantum physics and practical applications? Or atmospheric contaminant abatement? I thought about the latter but soon decided I’d just be pissin’ in the wind…

UJ

PS I’m not belittling philosophy by the way. To ME it’s mostly bovine fecal matter. That’s UJ’s philosophy! LOL :D

PPS I crack me up too. You can laugh at life or cry at life. Laughing is better for you. (You can put that in one of your philosophy dissertations if you want.)

this is for you, UJ!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7451115/

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Oct. 26 2010, 8:21 PM)

Like I said Thomas... that's really gonna help a feller put meat on the table... (where's the damn roll-eyes smilie on here?)

Maybe you should study electronics engineering? Or quantum physics and practical applications? Or atmospheric contaminant abatement? I thought about the latter but soon decided I'd just be pissin' in the wind...

UJ

PS I'm not belittling philosophy by the way. To ME it's mostly bovine fecal matter. That's UJ's philosophy! LOL :D

PPS I crack me up too. You can laugh at life or cry at life. Laughing is better for you. (You can put that in one of your philosophy dissertations if you want.)

Nah, I did my dissertation. Truthfully, there is nothing better than a mindful life. Meat on the table? Do what you love, and the meat follows, usually. Beats the heck out of lawyering, I can tell you that, and also small business.
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Oct. 26 2010, 7:34 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 26 2010, 6:00 PM)

Tina, I'm hurt.
The ones who have moved to other software are the ones that know the most?
I guarantee I know more then anyone else here about Thomistic philosophy and it's relation to 19th century Romanists like Friedrich Carl von Savigny.

Yeah, yeah... You should be shawked Thomas! My own knowledge of Thomistic philosophy and it's relation to 19th century Romanists like Friedrich Carl von Savigny shore helped put meat on the table durin' the lean times when them damn PUNK rockers were takin' over... Hayull... I could just barrley afford party licker in them days...

:D

UJ

This is you, isn't it? Isn't it? Don't fib now. :laugh:

Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 26 2010, 2:45 PM)

I think its interesrting that the regular posters on this forum are split (as far as i can tell) almost 50/50 between those who still use n track & those who have moved on.
And the ones whove moved on plainly seem to know the most. Their also the ones who seem to come here to have a laugh & thats no bad thing is it, it does liven things up
shouldnt we forget brand loyalty & just share the music & the knowledge & have a laugh to

Tina

I don't think everyone whom does not visit the forum did so because they don't use Ntrack.

I got the proggy in 98, in that time I had a period of a year or so here or there when I did not visit, than I either got a new computer or upgraded or something and....bam the usual issues associated with that, so I came back as many did to see if anyone else encountered a similar problem....then hung out again.

THis last time tho....(since like 2004 after the last forum crash) I came and went, a few months in between...things get busy in life no time for small talk, pop in lurk read a thread or two on a topic of interest (audio related) and don't post because then you are involved in a conversation and it's rude to not respond when someone responds to you, so the best thing to do if you don't have time to follow through is lurk and not post.

But none of that was any indication I was no longer using it, in fact the less I visited here at one point the better sign that all was well and the proggy was working!

keep shinin

jerm :cool:
Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 26 2010, 10:40 PM)

:)

Great TomS:

Been there done that..

On both sides of the desk..
Toooo...

I had to watch it several times..
I think I'm goin back to see it again..

Maybe, I'll learn something new this time around.. Do you think
????

Bill..

p.s.
It's like the kid that was sold a guitar and amp and the sales guy told him he'd become as *STAR* ..
He paid too much for the setup that his father paid for.. and was told to take it back.. Johnnie couldn't make it sound the way his record idol sounded.. SO..
he took it back..
That's when the
sales kid said..
OoHh..
But he uses a " Insert your own setup here"
BUT I can tell you how to make this setup I sold you sound just like he sounds..

Sorry all you guys....

"Here's where you insert your favorite Computer and Multi-track Editor and Plugins"

The young Kid Salesman or Johnnie doesn't know that the Recording/Tracking Studio doesn't use Digital Anything to track Johnnie's record idol's Sound..
They might edit in the Digital Domain..
My imagination is pretty vague as to weather they track and mix in the digital domain..

I still think they use iron oxide on plastic.. :) and there's a little more to it than that..

Anyway, that's what I have to say about this-and-that..

Hey Tina, from where I was sitting it looked like a mixture of things made people move away, but there was one week where about half of my closest friends on here left :( a sad week…

http://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin…23;st=0

http://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin…hl=ange

http://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin…hl=gone

And we never really figured out why they left. Poppa said there was someone here who he couldn’t put up with anymore, so they started their own forum, but I never could figure out what he was talking about. And that was the second time this sort of thing had happened - what was the other forum some guys started? I don’t remember. Anyway, as was said above, these things come and go. Plus, 5 and 10 years ago there were not that many other options for low cost full featured recording software. Now there are a lot, plus we have facebook, so a lot of the social functions of this list have been rendered less important.

Enough of this! Move forward! :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 27 2010, 6:45 AM)

Enough of this!
Move forward!
:agree:

And we never really figured out why they left.
Poppa said there was someone here who he couldn't put up with anymore, so they started their own forum, but I never could figure out what he was talking about.
And that was the second time this sort of thing had happened - what was the other forum some guys started?
I don't remember.
Anyway, as was said above, these things come and go.
Plus, 5 and 10 years ago there were not that many other options for low cost full featured recording software.
Now there are a lot, plus we have facebook, so a lot of the social functions of this list have been rendered less important.

Enough of this!
Move forward!

Poopa apparently had a real hard-on for that Hugh Jass guy. I guess it was the straw that broke the 'ol geezer's back.

Enough of this!
Move forward!

Well that's the right idea for sure!!

The lack OF though was why many of us left. We found a better mousetrap. When we started pushing for similar improvements in n we were mostly met by a brick wall head-on. Got tired of it. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it improve it's software engineering or the asinine attitude of it's user base that basically says it's FINE just like it is despite FACTS to the opposite.

One of my all-time "favorites" from the "Tips and tricks" sub-forum:

http://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin/ikonforum/index.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=10119

How freaking STUPID! I have NEVER... repeat NEVER had to uninstall/reinstall Reaper, Sonar, Samp or Cubase for such idiocy. Yet here, it is accepted as 'normal'? Geez...

Another one: "Did you reset your Prefs to defaults?" ARRRRGGGGHHHH!! Well damn... I have spent countless hours tweaking all that to work just the way I want. Now I gotta start over? Wonderful... :angry:

Again... never have to do that with my other software. Yet again, it's 'normal' here and people just accept it? Being the brilliant fellow I know you are Tom, you are aware of this definition of insanity.

So after getting tired of being ignored by the developer and beat-up by the forum members... *POOF* gone. Some of the best minds I have encountered on the web concerning audio and music recording, production and DAW software as well as just being good people... gone. (Not counting me. I'm a hack from hell but at least I am aware of it!) :)

I didn't come back around to piss anybody off. I lurk in quite often and the place just seemed dead. Thought I'd whack the hive a bit, inject a little fun... Obviously, it's not wanted around here.

Best regards to all,

UJ

PS Please people, don't come back at me with the same lame-ass excuses from last time trying to defend the software. It is what it is! If you're happy and getting along... GREAT! Make music, be happy and God bless you and yours! :)

Wow… Unknown1 has figured out how to post pictures! Great!

UJ

That guy in the first photo better get to a Jaw Doc…
I think I see a cavity in there on the left side…

Bill…

[edit] Where’d you find that photo of me … anyway ????

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Oct. 27 2010, 1:23 PM)

Wow... Unknown1 has figured out how to post pictures! Great!

UJ

I also know how to see IP addresses in the cache. Did you know that? :laugh:
Quote: (Unknown1 @ Oct. 27 2010, 1:58 PM)

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Oct. 27 2010, 1:23 PM)

Wow... Unknown1 has figured out how to post pictures! Great!

UJ

I also know how to see IP addresses in the cache.
Did you know that?
:laugh:

You're assuming I give a ****? Why? :D

If you want my autograph, just drop me a PM and I'll mail you a signed promo shot.

UJ

Oh… as long as you’ll send a self-addressed and stamped envelope… I’m a cheap bastage. :laugh:

UJ

I am brilliant. I just have never had trouble with the program. But as I said, I also use a couple of others, one being that one that everyone likes that isn’t PT. I also like Orion. Keep waiting for someone to beat me up about that.

You folks ever notice how the different work flows produce different songs? That’s one of the reasons I use a number of different DAWs - songs come out different in each. Weird.

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 27 2010, 6:59 PM)

I am brilliant.
I just have never had trouble with the program.
But as I said, I also use a couple of others, one being that one that everyone likes that isn't PT.
I also like Orion.
Keep waiting for someone to beat me up about that.

You folks ever notice how the different work flows produce different songs?
That's one of the reasons I use a number of different DAWs - songs come out different in each.
Weird.

Indeed sir. I played around with Fruity Loops Studio for quite a while. Just couldn't get the hang of it. Everything sounded 'techno' or 'mechanical'. At that time, FL's audio recording 'feature' really sucked. Even FL fanatics admitted it. Since most of them seemed to be loop heads, it didn't seem to bother them. I hated it. I bailed...

UJ - not a 'looper'

I too tried Fl, not once, but several times over the years.
Also Reason. Some of the synths in Reason sound fabulous, but it just wasn’t the thing for me.
Nor was FL.
I think I should try them again.
Esp. Reason.
All of those patching possibilities, gotta be something I can do that would be different.
???

I keep getting sidetracked, however. I have spent too much time in the last few nights playing with this:

http://www.aviary.com/