This Forum

hell tony i dont know, the first thread we started when we came her about the guirat sound we updated the maudio drivers & evrything sounded grat until we went to record 7 we got all this popping 7 crackling, then wetried previous driers & lost souncard mixer so we used system restore to take it back to orig. settings, i think these are the orig soundcard drivers.
Go easy on the tech stuff its saturday nihgt!

Tina\m

Tina\m[/quote]
why cant i edit that last post?

Dunno.

D’you know - I’ve had very rare, intermitent lags for no apparent reason that have cured themselves by simply deleting the just recorded track and going for it again or a simple re-boot.
Hey-Hoh.

Quote: (TinaM @ Oct. 09 2010, 9:19 AM)

Crikey, religous & political debates! maybe things arent so bad at the present after all.
Jerm (can i call you jerm? it sonds a bit insulting)I have actualy never found a search function on any forum that gave me anything usefull, & just thought it was me not nowing how to use them properly.

Tony, yes weve written 2 new songs & are planning videos for them as we record them so it willbe next year before anything surfaces. So were also remixing some older stuff now we know a bit more, thanks to this forum.

We tried to record Allison's vocals last night & with evry take there was more lag & we had to abandon it. We've not had this problem since brfore we got our M-audio soundcard. If we cant sort it I will post a new thread to ask for help.

Unknown1 you must be
hot aswell, with that bag on your head!

TinaM

Hey Tina...is that you in the band promo pic on the right with the red locks playing the holographic blue Jackson SL2H?
Yum.
I'd like to take you out for some fish 'n chips.
The good kind....served up warm in newspaper wrap.
:)

you bloody bloke,
you can’t take a dame like her out for fish and chips, you got to take your game up a notch limey.

Jackson’s…yum (at least that is what I am salivating over…) :agree: Sweeeet!

Yeah, already know your comeback Flanders so I will beat you to it,

“you wouldn’t know what to do with a Jackson if you had one”

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Usually problems like these - where there was no problem and there is nothing obvious - are solved by reinstalling the program. Still a whole lot better than aligning tape. :)

I never really liked Jacksons. They sort of scare me. I wouldn’t know what to do with one.

Fish and chips however are classic.

A lot of my Ibanez shredder buddies traded in their Jems for Jacksons…

For a certain style of music they are supposed to be the tits…outside of that not real shure what they are capable of assisting in.

keep shinin

Story goes that Slash came into the studio when making their first album with a Jackson, and the producer just about had a cow, and went out and bought him a Paul. Made his sound.

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 09 2010, 9:06 PM)

Story goes that Slash came into the studio when making their first album with a Jackson, and the producer just about had a cow, and went out and bought him a Paul.
Made his sound.

That "story" is an outright crock. Slash has played Les Pauls since he was 15, playing with Steve Adler and so on out in L.A. I know Slash. Trust me on this one. Jacksons ain't his thing.
Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 09 2010, 7:24 PM)

you bloody bloke,
you can't take a dame like her out for fish and chips, you got to take your game up a notch limey.

Jackson's...yum (at least that is what I am salivating over...)
:agree: Sweeeet!

Yeah, already know your comeback Flanders so I will beat you to it,

"you wouldn't know what to do with a Jackson if you had one"

keep shinin

Jacksons are notable for their wide fretboards, low action and Floyd Rose's.....the perfect weapon for delivering those blistering arpeggios and fretburning speed runs...a shredder's dream...you know, guys like moi.
Anywho, you prolly wouldn't like them.
Besides, you strike me as more of a Silvertone or Teisco kind of guy.
:D

Reminds me of a 7 string Ibanez I once had, RG 1570 I think it was…

Yep they do suite arpeggios and scales well (especially with drop D tuning) but even Zack wild would put the occasional bent note of emotion in there from time to time…something I can say honestly is missing from ol’ Flanders boring regiment.

As I said in the beginning so shall it be in the end (or until he see’s the light) all technique no feel.

You can call me jealous, envious, or whatever adjective suites your ego, but the fact above remains…
I’m not in high school and don’t give a crap about who can shredd faster, yes Ingvai Moustein can work circles around me, but name one top ten hit he has ever had…and in the music biz it’s all about the ability to WRITE and PREFORM a hit, not how fast you can do emotionless scales.
Even among musicians the ability to have a haunting melody supersedes fret savy (everly brother, beatles, etc etc)

You know what Flanders, listen to Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding and take your game up a notch try writing something that will be around and classic in a couple of decades rather than try to bedazzle people with fancy fretwork.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s good for what it’s good for, but it is not a viable song in itself (unless of course you are writing songs/instrumentals for the weather channel, or CSI technical institute commercials)

keep shinin

Quote: (Unknown1 @ Oct. 09 2010, 6:29 PM)

Hey Tina...is that you in the band promo pic on the right with the red locks playing the holographic blue Jackson SL2H?

No thats me with the cheap Jackson DK2, it must be some rich girl youre looking at.
The finish is ruined now cos i couldnt afford a hard case to protect it.

Why hasnt his forum got a breathalyser built in to stop people over the limit posting.
My spelling went to pot last night on the vodka, its
embarrasing reading.
I tried to correct it later but it wouldnt let me.

Youre right Jerm the song is king

TinaM

This Board has a mind of it’s own…
:p
:laugh:

Say what you want…
Push the “Quick Post”…
over…

Bill…

I really like to see what I’ve said, before I Post…
Once you said it… it’s there forever… can’t take Er back…
after the edit wouldn’t allow yea…

Quote: (Unknown1 @ Oct. 09 2010, 10:49 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 09 2010, 9:06 PM)

Story goes that Slash came into the studio when making their first album with a Jackson, and the producer just about had a cow, and went out and bought him a Paul.
Made his sound.

That "story" is an outright crock.
Slash has played Les Pauls since he was 15, playing with Steve Adler and so on out in L.A.
I know Slash.
Trust me on this one.
Jacksons ain't his thing.

Well, it seemed unlikely to me. But it was in Mix magazine! Anyway, I trust you on this one. :agree:

Hey, Unknown Hughders, I still have a Silvertone amp!

And my first guitar was a Teisco!

Anyway, I never had any pretensions to shred - you gotta be born with the neurological and muscular abilities to do that sort of thing. I wasn’t even born musical. So I’m pretty happy that, after 30 years of trying, I have reached the level of a mildly talented 17 year old. But I do remember hearing one thing you had posted for us, and it was very good indeed.

Check this out - they really went overboard - 4 pickups!

http://www.mark-cole.co.uk/teisco/

18000 yen - what’s that, about 200 usa dollars?

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 10 2010, 6:07 AM)

Check this out - they really went overboard - 4 pickups!

http://www.mark-cole.co.uk/teisco/

18000 yen - what's that, about 200 usa dollars?

I don't like it.

Silvertone made one that looked something close to that one.. (except for the Headstock appearance) Four pickups on it..

The one I remember seeing had a "Sparkle" type finish on it..
and a bunch of knobs on it..
If it had a model name, I can't remember what they called it..
The Front man, on the first stage I played on, John, had one..
before he bought the Gibson SG he moved on to and a blond Fender Tremolux, Brown Face'd, with white knobs, Two Piece amp with a 2 x 10" cabinet.. It was the mate to the Fender Bassman Amp I bought, back then, late '63 early '64.. Those were the days.. :)
:p

Bill..
Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 07 2010, 9:25 PM)

Facebook reduced the activity here a lot, too.

Facebook had nothing to do with it. Me and the rest of the old guard with 10+ years on here simply moved on. N wasn't what it once was and we all went our separate ways. However... most of the old guard still are in touch through various means... except Teej and limey. No idea where they went.