To collaborators from long ago

Quote: (Yazzer @ Feb. 18 2011, 6:09 AM)

This was the first ever colab I did from here and had a blast doing it!

Cos it was a kinda laid-back cool collab, sprung outta nowhere and no pressure :) :agree:
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 24 2011, 5:26 PM)

Disclaimer: don't take me seriously.

Hehehehe.. :)

What is that stuff.. We don't grow it over here.. :( The air is too salty..

Bill..

The Yaz is back! Very cool. I thought that I’d lost contact with you for sure. I like the drums that you added, and also I hear some production touches on the guitars that really add a lot. I don’t think that I ever heard this version in its current form. Me likes.

One of the things that was special about this collab was that it grew without a plan. If I remember it started with Willie writing some verses and wondering about a melody. Then pieces were added by all bit by bit, and mixing tasks shifted back and forth. The mix that you have here gets my vote as the best of the bunch.

T

Hey Tspringer, yep the last mix I did of this tune turned out really well, guess it’s the learning curve from years of hit n miss…lol.

Hope all is well with you n yours! :agree:

BOOM!!! Melody Lewis has stepped into the ROOM! Hi Guys!!! Long time, no hear! I haven’t been on the forum for awhile. I don’t know what made me click in today, but I must say it warmed my heart to see that you haven’t forgotten about that collab we did a few years back. Man oh man what FUN that was!!! I think I still have it on my hard drive someplace…Glad to see you’re all still here and still making music!
Peace n Love,
Mel

Hiya Mel,

It is great to hear from you again. I wonder if we could finish off the old collab. Teryeah is still around too. Maybe he could figure out an intro. I never could come up with an idea. If you are interested I’ll try to dig up the tracks that I did to go with yours. I bet we can set some kind of record for the worlds longest collab on a single song.

T

You have my email address T. Just gimme a holler and let me know what’s up!

Mel