To collaborators from long ago

Quote: (tspringer @ Jan. 29 2011, 9:08 PM)

... education in how to use an electric guitar to carry a song without dominating it. What a pleasure.

Tim, you're WAY too kind! Where's the blushing smiley?
This was all Mel's show :)
But I DID try to be classy for once :laugh:
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 30 2011, 12:32 PM)

Quote: (tspringer @ Jan. 31 2011, 5:48 AM)

I much prefer listening to the stuff you folks post than the pap that I hear on the radio.

I would be kinda cool to have an n-track radio station.
Online webby thing.
Just streaming our songs over and over.
I'm sure we could find enough songs to make a few hours worth without trying too hard.

I really enjoy listening to the songs around here but sometimes there is too much friction to find headphones, or go into the studio and fire everything up.
And then when you do, you listen to one song and it's over in 3 mins and you have to go find another.
A streaming of all the songs would be great fun.

Hmmmm

There have been a couple, or at least one, that I remember, but at least one, and I think...2...? One on soundclick..

the link to it is pinned at the top of the ntrack music section… this one!

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 31 2011, 10:42 AM)

the link to it is pinned at the top of the ntrack music section.. this one!

Ha ha. So it is. I was man-looking. I guess I come here so often I don't "see" that post.

I remember now.

Is it updated though.

Does it still work?

Off to find out.

looks like the radio station was run by poppa willis?

nope - jdet

Hi Poppa Willis:
It’s still be nice to hear Paul Franklin do one of his Magic Tracks on that “I Still Wanna Be A Cowboy”… song…

Bill…

yep - Paul used to set up every other week or so in our home studio and do freebies for me. Says a lot about the kind of guy he is. Hated to loose him to the road but so proud to know him.

Hi Poppa Willis:

Many of these kind of guys are what is known as the “Fabric” of Country Music…
I don’t know him personally…
I just recognize some of the lines he plays…
Leonard knew most of these guys, however, if I said “Who is doing that line”, he would reply, so-and-so…
He knew all their styles…
and knew many of them personally…

Buddy Charlton was laid to rest…
yesterday…
I got the mail from Lew…
I worked on several stages with Lew Jenkins…
another local steel guitar player…
He lives in Fredericton, New Brunswick, these days…

Bill…

So Pappa W - are any of those Franklin sessions posted?

Hey guys…long time no…whatever…anywho…here’s the last working mix of “My Muse Blew A Fuse” that I have. Vocals split between Sir T and Bruffie

My Muse Blew A Fuse

Hope everyone is well.

Yazzer

Good to see u Yaz…I didn’t have that mix, thanks Bud! :agree:

ahhh I remember this cut too - one of the first things I heard when I first joined the forum and was still lurking…

sorry TSpringer - I just now saw your question re: Paul Franklin - not sure if much of those old demos ever got digitized - I’ll look though.

Back to lurking…

I’m thinking of doing a modified re-make…

"A Flooze Blew My Muse"

:laugh:

UJ

Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 24 2011, 6:37 PM)

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 25 2011, 12:57 PM)

Quote: (tspringer @ Jan. 24 2011, 5:41 PM)

Do you suppose that philosophers find life more difficult than others?

Heck no... Even if they did, they'd quote some old dead Greek and explain why it's not difficult at all or it is but it means nothing or it means something but not everything or...

Kind of like my dad and the "Walked to school in the snow, uphill both ways..." speech. :laugh:

UJ

Luxury!
We used to dream of walking uphill to school in the snow.
We used to get up three hours before we went to bed; licked the snow clean, (yellow or not), worked 25 hours in t' mill AND then went to school without breakfast.

My sister did all that-in high heels...
Quote: (Yazzer @ Feb. 15 2011, 12:19 PM)

Hey guys...long time no...whatever....anywho...here's the last working mix of "My Muse Blew A Fuse" that I have. Vocals split between Sir T and Bruffie

My Muse Blew A Fuse

Hope everyone is well.

Yazzer

Hi Yazzer:

Nice collaboration..
AND
nice post over here..
I like the sound of those guitar tracks ..
They fit the sound of Willy Eckerslike's vocal..
I believe that's him on that track.. I don't hear TomS, there.. or is that him????
or it don't sound like him..
I don't recall ever hearing this mix-or-song..
:agree:

Bill..

[edit]

It would be so nice to Hear some of Paul Franklin but not on finished Nashville productions..

I hear that some of these guys play the Bar Scene, and sell tickets to sold-out Rooms..
Or have they moved on from doing that, these days ????..

I just recentlly aquired a DVD of Brent Mason doing a number of Guitar Lesson/Sessions on his style of Guitar..
He has a great touch toward his playing..

:)

Not me, not that I remember.

Quote: (woxnerw @ Feb. 15 2011, 4:00 PM)

Nice collaboration..
AND
nice post over here..
I like the sound of those guitar tracks ..
They fit the sound of Willy Eckerslike's vocal..
I believe that's him on that track.. I don't hear TomS, there.. or is that him????
or it don't sound like him..
I don't recall ever hearing this mix-or-song..

1st and 3rd verses were Tim Springer on vox and 2nd and 4th me. Tim's voice flows better than mine. The lyrics in this one are a mix-mix, 3 verses by me and one by Tim, I think that's when they were waiting for me to write an extra verse.

Geetars, I think, were Yaz, Tim, and Mr Unblown 'fast fingers' Johnson :)

Drums were great Yaz.....Proteus?

Thanks Willy Eckerslike:

That puts the collab into perceptiveness…
Is that a word ????

Anyway, nice work on every body’s part…

Bill…

Yep, T-Springer on opening guitar solo, Mr. Gray had the 1st and 3rd solo’s, 2nd and 4th yours truely and I did the outro’s.
The drums I redid back when I got the Steven Slate drums using the vintage kit, I think this was the first tune I redid drums with that app.
Plus I think Sir Ian’s and Sir Tim’s vocals are very cool!

This was the first ever colab I did from here and had a blast doing it!