2496?

A couple of issues

I’m on 2496. The good news is; n doesn’t fart anymore when I save whilst n is playing. But it all seams sluggish. Slow to stop, start and update.
The faders actually appear to need a squirt of Servisol - they’re scratchy and jumpy - both in appearence and sound.

What d’you reckon people?

Quote: (TonyR @ Sep. 09 2009, 3:22 PM)

I'm on 2496. The good news is; n doesn't fart anymore when I save whilst n is playing. But it all seams sluggish. Slow to stop, start and update.
The faders actually appear to need a squirt of Servisol - they're scratchy and jumpy - both in appearence and sound.

What d'you reckon people?

Well my first thought would be video drivers.

PACO

Thanks, dude. I’ll update them when I remember how to.

PS. Paco. Thanks for the link to enditall. Looks like a cool tool. How d’you use it? It looks dangerous! :laugh:

Done the graphics driver update and a power cycle (thanks Phoo) for good luck.
n-T is still as rough as straw boxers.

I run n-T on it’s own dual boot partition, where I have everything un-wanted, either spat out or shut down. But! Is there anything obvious on the domestic part’ that I need to worry about? Cheers.

Tony, some builds are sluggish.
I remember a couple of the V6 builds where but I don’t remember which ones.
Just come up to 2504 that build is solid, I would try that.
I mean if your able to tell that a build is sluggish that means you’ve experienced faster, which probably means your Vdrivers are fine.
2405 is available but I haven’t used it, you could try it.
But I know 2504 for me, is good.

Quote: (TonyR @ Sep. 09 2009, 4:11 PM)

PS. Paco. Thanks for the link to enditall. Looks like a cool tool. How d'you use it? It looks dangerous! :laugh:

It's a good tool. Initially it will end programs that are not in it's data base. Most of the critical background applications, it will not close, because it's in it's own data base. Each process has a kill switch so you can "Allow kill" any program. Hitting the refresh button will show whats left running. I think after I kill everything I go from some 33 process's down to just 8 or so. If you kill something important and end up locked or BSOD a simple reboot and then you can lock the program/process from being closed to avoid the crash. After a few times you'll have it closing what you want and your good to go.

PACO
Quote: (TonyR @ Sep. 09 2009, 5:37 PM)

Done the graphics driver update and a power cycle (thanks Phoo) for good luck.
n-T is still as rough as straw boxers.

I run n-T on it's own dual boot partition, where I have everything un-wanted, either spat out or shut down. But! Is there anything obvious on the domestic part' that I need to worry about? Cheers.

I'm not sure what would be obvious, Levi has suggested trying a different build, I would suggest that too. In addition I would disable all the graphical features as well. Located under the settings tab, select "waveform display" and start disabling. If n-Track still behaves slow I would suggest updating your build. Sluggish performance can also be linked to a heavily fragmented hard disk too. When was the last time you did a defrag?

PACO

Cheers, Paco. I do a rugular defrag.

So I didn’t see XP listed for EndItAll - or is XP = NT4? Does it do anything you can’t do with Task Manager? or Services?

XP != NT4

Since I started using that “other” software, I NEVER have to fool with this crap. Just boot up and boogie. shrug

D

Quote:

boot up and boogie

aaaah a Brooks and Done toon.
Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Sep. 10 2009, 9:43 AM)

So I didn't see XP listed for EndItAll - or is XP = NT4? Does it do anything you can't do with Task Manager? or Services?

Yes you can close all the apps you want with a single click. MSCONFIG does the same thing by removing the check marks for programs that started when you boot up but enditall will see all running programs. Of the task manager you must kill one at a time. I find the program useful. I do believe you can run it on just about any OS also.

PACO
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p :)

Hhmm! I’ll clarify, somewhat. What of the other partition on my pc that is exposed to all the **** on the planet? Could that be a threat to my n-T partition?
It’s been fine untill now-ish, and it’s running well enough that it’s useable.

Quote: (TonyR @ Sep. 10 2009, 4:45 PM)

Hhmm! I'll clarify, somewhat. What of the other partition on my pc that is exposed to all the **** on the planet? Could that be a threat to my n-T partition?
It's been fine untill now-ish, and it's running well enough that it's useable.

If your on the net and you get a virus, all the drives will be at risk unless the the drives/folders are passworded. Do you have a virus scanner? Sometimes this can play havoc with stability/audio streaming. Have you the run DPC Latency Checker to see if it's hardware related?

You can find it here.

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

When you run it it will check the latency of your devices/system to see if it can stream audio clean. All green means it's ok and you can move onto other potential issues causing the problems. If you get red spikes it's something in your device manager, in most cases it will be your wireless or network card. Some USB devices can also lead to red spikes. The trick is to disable one device at a time until you get a solid green line. Some yellow is ok but all green is what you shoot for.

Hope this helps,
PACO

I’m not moaning. I love n and I know it’ll come good again.

That said :laugh: Has anyone noticed a recent problem with looping regions?

Thanks Paco.

I wonder if in fact some applications need to be default installed ????
For example…
n-Track might need to be pointed to the C-Drive…
instead of being pointed to any other drive on your computer…
Maybe, phoo can answer that question…
OR…
write some mail off to Flavio and ask him…

I used to think that way, way back when…
NOW…
I just default installs and hope for the best…

:laugh:
:laugh:
Just go for the ride…

Bill…

[EDIT]
Brooks Up and Boogie…