2496?

Ok, guys. I’m new to pc music. I’ve swiftly gone from Atari, midi and tape to n-T without so much as a glance at Cubase (yup, not so much as a sniff in 25 years). I used home-grown software (Gajits Breakthru2). My point is that I haven’t had to deal with loop issues at a song foundation level, ie drums and bass. Do I sense a spot of snobbery at this being a way of working - that’ll be the Ludites in denial?:wink:
But! Looping streaming audio must be quite tricky job to achieve, otherwise it would be sorted by now. Some of you guys are so sussed that trying to teach me anything would be like an astronaut giving someone their first driving lesson - but I’m all ears - or is that eyes.
Well? What is the problem, n-T or Windows?

Quote:

n-Track. Period.

I have several other audio apps I use for different things. All in Windows XP. They all loop properly. Thus it is logical to deduce that this is an n-Track issue and always has been.

D

PS Can't blame it on hardware or drivers either. Using onboard sound, my Tscam US-122, EMU 1820M even different PC's... doesn't matter. The others loop and n doesn't...

Ok, D. That said, I’ve had better luck occasionally with n and Audacity seams quite solid on a loop?
What exactly, do ‘you’ think the problem is?

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Sep. 13 2009, 2:32 PM)

Quote:

n-Track. Period.

I have several other audio apps I use for different things. All in Windows XP. They all loop properly. Thus it is logical to deduce that this is an n-Track issue and always has been.

D

PS Can't blame it on hardware or drivers either. Using onboard sound, my Tscam US-122, EMU 1820M even different PC's... doesn't matter. The others loop and n doesn't...

Have you filed a bug report on this Diogesneez?

PACO

Looping is almost essential if you are in any way involved in dance music and n-T would be a great tool for the dance track builder who is brave enough to break away from off the peg sounds.

Hang on. I’m now on the freshest build. Rebuilt the tune I was working on to eliminate any inherent bugs. Now I’ve got a half decent loop goin’ on. Just a random slice out of a simple drums, bass and guit’ thing. 8 bars. The only problem now is an almost inaudible click which is still tempo correct and so, wouldn’t interupt the flow. I snapped it to a grid but improved it by losing the grid and dragging the box about a bit. It isn’t drifting apart with time as on earlyer builds. Not bad:-)

Too scared to move anything now :laugh:

Quote: (Paco572 @ Sep. 13 2009, 3:37 PM)

Have you filed a bug report on this Diogesneez?

Not in over a year. Several before that though. I gave up and moved on...

D

forgive me I think I’m confused are we talking about looping as in looping audio or midi clips or what I was talking about looping playback to hear a section of a song?

jitter was the wrong word, stutter is what I get when playback reaches the end of the looped section.

edit: never mind, I don’t read too well sometimes.

filed a bug report #58. on stuttering looping.

Quote: (nramusic @ Sep. 13 2009, 8:55 PM)

forgive me I think I'm confused are we talking about looping as in looping audio or midi clips or what I was talking about looping playback to hear a section of a song?

jitter was the wrong word, stutter is what I get when playback reaches the end of the looped section.

edit: never mind, I don't read too well sometimes.

Yeah... both audio and MIDI. A lot of times I want to setup a drum beat, groove clip, whatever you want to call it and loop a bar or two of it to noodle over. Get ideas etc... Most of the time for me, this will be a MIDI clip feeding a VSTi or DXi such as EZDrummer or Roland VSC. Other times for various reasons, I'll want to loop audio too... or BOTH. It's always a wreck.

Some of you guys still running regularly should check this out real well and if the newer builds/versions are no better, let your voice be heard. File bug reports. Everybody else's software loops. Why not n? Shoot... if Flavio would fix this and a few other things that gripe me to do death, I might even buy an upgrade. I doubt it... but you never know...

D