Ver 6.0 beta install

Quote:

A long as my workarounds continue to work.. I'm happy...

Not me. Sorry...

I'm giving the V6 Beta's a chance though. It's a work in progress... I understand that. :)

Speaking of looping... one thing I'd love to see and is STILL missing from 'R' is a "Region Playlist". You set up loop-able regions such as;

1=Intro
2=Verse
3=Chorus
4=Guitar wankfest
5=Bridge
6=Outro

Now while experimenting with your song structure, your playlist might be;

1-2-2-3-2-3-5-4-3-3-6 and the playback would chug along accordingly. Hmmm... too much huh? Okay. Delete one verse (2) after the intro and one chorus (3) after the Guitar wankfest.

I want! I want! I can get it in Cubendo but I ain't about to give the Steinbooger Syndicate (SPA-TOOEY!) 600 Denarius...

D

Gotta say so far so good on the new clean machine…works quickly, no crashes. Opens up v 3.3 projects pretty well…a few things are askew but easily fixable. I may try to load some packed song files I have on cd later today. I didn’t have time to record anything, just loaded some projects…

Cheers,
ray

D, seems like that would be easy to put in as a feature.

I added it to the FR thread. I think it’s a bit trickier than you and I might think. The logic is easy enough. Getting it to play glitch free is probably THE trick though…

D

Quote: (rsolinski @ Jul. 09 2008, 8:30 AM)

Gotta say so far so good on the new clean machine...works quickly, no crashes. Opens up v 3.3 projects pretty well...a few things are askew but easily fixable. I may try to load some packed song files I have on cd later today. I didn't have time to record anything, just loaded some projects...

Cheers,
ray

After you open a v 3.3 project, can you reopen the same sng file in 3.3? If so, that means Flavio has fixed the upward/downward compatibility issue that I complained about back in the v. 4 beta stage...

I just had a peek at build 2329. Unfortunately it still doesn’t address the issues I need - routing flexibility. The routing GUI is OK, I guess, but kind of useless. The Aux channels still can’t be re-routed to other outputs (eg. ch 5 on the sound card) and a track still can’t be assigned to multiple groups (eg. Track 1 assigned to group 2 and 5).

Also the envelope nodes are as bad or worse than 5.x especially when you drag a node down to inf. You can’t grab it later and pull it up (or anywhere). Also, when I was playing with one of the nodes, it moved the node to the right up and down proportional to the node I was moving - this feature may be a great feature, or a very aggravating bug, depending on what you want to do.

I have a big recording session this weekend with a group and unfortunately, I’ll have to use what works - R. But I will keep checking to see if these things get addressed.

Paul

If you’re having trouble “picking up” a node try a right click and use the new right click Volume Envelopes Feature: set selected node to Maximum, Center, Minimum context menu command. Right click on node - Envelope - Set Node - center - or wherever.

They’re still a bit hard to grab ain’t they? Now you can easily reset them though. The moving them when you turn off ‘Click Adds Node’ will actually be very useful for changing levels in a group of nodes - when you click between a node on the green line you can move the nodes back up off the bottom of the track window also. So the feature is actually your fix.

Another comment on the signal-path font. Maybe if it were forced-caps it’d be legible (on my 22" wide-screen). In the meantime, IMO, it’s not.

Also, I couldn’t find how to get out of the signal-flow screen without F4’ing. Otherwise, I’m loving V6 so far–been remixing a song that I recorded a year ago all afternoon. Loving V6.

F

If I’m not mistaken you can place your cursor in the top right and drag it down after you maximize it after everyone said not to. I think that works - I’ll go try it. - yep I can scale mine after maxermizin’ then the window x comes back in view - I doubt I’ll ever use it so it doesn’t matter to me. Unless the good Doc Wabbitt tells me I need it for midi routing.

Thanks Poppa Willis, I’ll give those nodes another try. When musicians are breathing down your neck because they want to do another take of a small section, it sure would be nice to be able to grab those inf nodes and drag them where you want them without having to do contortions with the mouse.

Paul

Quote:

I still have to run at very high latencies to get click-free playback. Whenever I zoom in on a track, the play cursor reaches the end of the displayed area, the GUI freezes and there is an audible glitch when the GUI begins updating again.

2239 is the same... Really a pain when zoomed in for close edits...

D
Quote:

Err... that should be 2329...

Sorry. My slysdexia is acting pu...

D

I’m on 2331. Flava Flav fixed the routing window for ya’ll. Find the next fix and report it. D are you sending reports or just posting here?

Mostly just posting here Poppa. I’ll drop a bug report in the support page…

D

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 10 2008, 11:40 PM)

If you're having trouble "picking up" a node try a right click and use the new right click Volume Envelopes Feature: set selected node to Maximum, Center, Minimum context menu command. Right click on node - Envelope - Set Node - center - or wherever.

They're still a bit hard to grab ain't they? Now you can easily reset them though. The moving them when you turn off 'Click Adds Node' will actually be very useful for changing levels in a group of nodes - when you click between a node on the green line you can move the nodes back up off the bottom of the track window also. So the feature is actually your fix.

Hey PW thx for the pointer! That feature will definitely help!
Quote: (Diogenes @ Jul. 11 2008, 3:31 PM)

Quote:

Err... that should be 2329...

Sorry. My slysdexia is acting pu...

D

Upon further experimentation, I have found that the aforementioned glitches go away if I set the soundcard latency to max. (100ms) Which is really not too smurfy... I can get the setting down to about 75ms if I take SIR reverb out of the project. SIR is a pretty heavy CPU muncher... n-Track really ought to do better on this front...

I'm gonna try to do some more testing and bench-marking tomorrow. I'll report the results to Flavio via the support page.

I was really hoping for a lean and mean rewrite when V6 was announced. It looks like a few new "fiddly" features are what we get and that's it. *sigh* It appears to be V5 with a few new things and may be optimized a bit. Tomorrow will tell the tale... I'm still hopin' though... It's a BETA... It's a BETA... It's a BETA... :D

D

Here is as bug I found in v.6. Waves V series plugins have a problem with the gui not loading all the way…they work fine but part of the interface is missing in both vst and dx versions. I know it is not my machine or drivers since the same plugs load perfectly in Sound Forge 8.0…I tried a reinstall etc…to no avail. To be honest these plugs are known to be buggy in many applications (some “open gl” problem")and Waves is offering ZERO support for dx plugs…totally abandoning the native dx market…I guessthese are the last Waves plugs I will own :whistle:

Cheers,
Ray

This new build plays back projects but uses 20% more cpu than EXACT same project run with v 3.3. Cannot get the program to stop drawing the waveform while recording regardless of the settings in the preferences page. 75 % of the time putting the unit into record mode freezes the pc (SOLID!)…when it does record the recorded track is latent by about 500 milliseconds. If I turn off all the effects during recording the recorded wav appears to be in synch, but still freezes the PC most of the time. If I tick the “buffer writing box” on the buffering settings window then the recorded .wav is about 500ms EARLY (?). I have all the latest drivers and updates for XP (tweaked for audio)…Delta card, wdm…etc…I will keep using v3.3 for the time being as it is working almost flawlessly but I will keep up with the new builds of v 6 to see if any of these issues are resolved. I solved problem with the Waves effects interfaces in the previous post by updating my video driver

Cheers,
Ray

Version 5 and Version 6 do not exist very well on the same computer.
I just got this information from Flavio. I had only version 6 on my computer but I was having some problems. I loaded version 5 and crashed both versions.

Version 5 and Version 6 do not work well on the same computer. I just got this informatioon from Flavio.