Was it Love or Indigestion?

It would be UP to Hershey for me :)

And white chocolate? PLeck! der ain’t no white cocoa beans.
:disagree:

dat’s just unnatural sun. :p

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

My giddy aunt! when i last saw this thread it made sense!! now its like you boys have been playing chinese whispers & its somhow moved on to ketchup & choc bars & mozart & rdioactive water!
i have decided to rerecord the guitar part & then we will see what we need to do to get the vocals clearer
thankyou all for the sugestions

unfortunatly i have a few problems
1 the freequeue plug wont install on my windows 98 pc, i keep getting error unloading plugin dll when i open ntrac k
2 the gnx4 might be 100 times better than the vamp2 but its also 100 times more comlicated to use!
ive told everyone i need to check its all working properly before it goes away for christmas hoping i can slyly record the guitar in that time but i dont know how to use the thing very well
could anyone tell me how i switch between the user, card & factory presets
& i have the mfx supermodels disc but dont how to use it ( ive got the software instaled & the usb & drivers set up)
wish i was clever!

Tina

So you have a CF card in the machine?

(I think that is where the user presets would be stored) but if the previous user did not have any presets they would all be the same as the factory numbers)

To switch between the modes you need to press the two foot pedals that are together on the right side under the utility area at the same time, they will both turn red, green or yellow, but that is not real pertinent to getting to the sounds (mine is always in red mode since I use the midi functions of the device to playback drums bass lines and click tracks)

If you want to view whatever is in the device as far as presets spin the wheel, the numbers start at one and go to 99? when they get past 99 you will notice it goes to 1 again, you will also notice the color changes next to the wheel when you go from 99 to 1 (little LED’s) green, yellow, each one tells you which presets you are looking at, user, factory etc etc.

There are several output modes to consider as well for sending your guitar signal out of the device, Split1 Split2 StereALL, monoALL you find by pressing (output setup)I usually use Split 1 since it sends the drums out the XLR’s and the guitar out the 1/4.(but my mixer has D/i’s on it)

I hope you are able to get Xedit working on your system, that is what you need to start opening up the cab modelers from MFX inside the computer and start storing and/or creating your own into the device.

If you have any specific questions just ask, I’ll be around… ???

keep shinin

Quote: (TinaM @ Nov. 11 2010, 6:14 PM)

unfortunatly i have a few problems
1 the freequeue plug wont install on my windows 98 pc, i keep getting error unloading plugin dll when i open ntrac k

Tina

I am sorry to hear that.

As far as I know FreeQ is a relatively new plug (2008) at that time they had to retro patch drivers for the XP Athlon so it might not even be engineered to work with 98.

bubba would know more about that.

considered upgrading to XP?

could I interest you in a stripped down bootleg version?...it's free.. :whistle:

keep shinin

youra sweet guy jerm
im trying to read the manual but thers so much of it, i have got the xedit thingy on the computer but still cant see how to try out the mfx supermodels stuff… will try again tonight
the freeque plug says it works on all OS dont know why it wont work on mine?

Tina

Quote: (TinaM @ Nov. 12 2010, 5:11 AM)

youra sweet guy jerm

im trying to read the manual but thers so much of it, i have got the xedit thingy on the computer but still cant see how to try out the mfx supermodels stuff.. will try again tonight
the freeque plug says it works on all OS dont know why it wont work on mine?

Tina

Here is how I do it,

1. make sure the GNX4 is turned on and the USB cable is plugged in to the computer.
2. open X edit and put in MFX disk.
3. below "Library" click GNX4, then "user".(provided you have a CF card in the GNX4)
4. here you should see all the names of the presets in the user file, 1hybrid, etc etc.
5. click File>open preset> (now hit that arrow and find the disk on your system, mine is in drive D:)
In there you should see these folders, Acoustic, Cabinet models, MFX SUPERSERIES ARTIST PATCHES, Ultimate Series AMPS by MFG and Model.

That's were it get a bit trick, you kinda have to know what you are looking for sound wise, if it is a particular "artist/bands" sound or a particular amp models.
If you are looking for the KINKS for instance, click

MFX SUPERSERIES ARTIST PATCHES>ARTIST GNX4 ULT>Kinks

Now you see the Amp modeler on the screen, and "KINKS" should
be showing up on the GNX4 as well, strum a couple of notes to see what it sounds like.

If you are happy with a sound you click "Store" (top right tinny button on the GNX4) it will store it in whatever # you had the GNX4 on before you opened the artist patch so you got to be careful you are not erasing a patch that you want, it will show you the # and you can look on the computer to make sure that is the one you want to go over with the new one, but I wouldn't worry too much about since most of the factory stuff is crap and you have those same sounds in "factory" mode.

You can also tweek the sounds of these amps in the computer while you are playing the guitar, and do reamping from your songs if you have the dry guitar tracks already....but that is going to take some time to learn might be an after Christmas thing... :)

As far as FReeQ goes....all I can think of is uninstall, reinstall, that dll stuff is a wanker.
Did you load it into Ntracks VST folder?

keep shinin

jeremysdemo has found a way to wade through the muck…
I don’t know how he does it…

I think he’ll have more questions to ask you, after he gets his galoshes on…
:p
:)

Bill…

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 11 2010, 6:49 PM)

As far as I know FreeQ is a relatively new plug (2008) at that time they had to retro patch drivers for the XP Athlon so it might not even be engineered to work with 98.

Likely it uses SSE2 which your older machine may not have. SSE2 is something built into the processor itself, so upgrading to WinXP would not help... and in any event, Win7 is far superior to WinXP. If she is going to do anything, i would upgrade the whole thing with Win7 included otherwise it is just moving stuff around on the plate.

No matter, the built in N EQ will will do fine assuming EQ is necessary.

Yep. SSE2 is not supported by Athlon OR AthlonXP processors. Buncha plugs I couldn’t use on my old Athlon machine. The Schwa put out versions of his plugs for non-SSE machines though. Gotta LOVE them Reaper guys…

UJ

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 12 2010, 9:17 AM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 11 2010, 6:49 PM)

Likely it uses SSE2 which your older machine may not have. SSE2 is something built into the processor itself, so upgrading to WinXP would not help... and in any event, Win7 is far superior to WinXP. If she is going to do anything, i would upgrade the whole thing with Win7 included otherwise it is just moving stuff around on the plate.

No matter, the built in N EQ will will do fine assuming EQ is necessary.

So your saying there is no reason FreeQ should not work on a 98pc with Ntrack? (other than maybe a bug?)

I remember running VST's on a 98 machine and Ntrack back in 2000 and with some of them getting this .dll file error prompt.
Sometimes I would reinstall the plug and it would work....sometimes they would work for a while and then BAM one day the .dll error thing would come up....

Long story short in that PC it turned out I had quiet the infection and a virus that eventually killed the hardrive since it was routinely knocking out .dll files.

Needless to say when I put another hardrive in and upgraded to XP those problems went away.....and can honestly say using XP I have never had a .dll error report in Ntrack from a VST.

That's just my experience with Windows98 and Ntrack, maybe someone else it was different, and surely 7 is better! but it cost money while an upgrade to a bootleg stripped version of XP would not.

Is there any way she can find out if her computer has SSE2 or not?

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 12 2010, 10:11 AM)

Is there any way she can find out if her computer has SSE2 or not?

Find out what specific processor she has.

And it seems it has been lost in translation. I am not saying that it IS an SSE2 incompatibility, but that it MAY be.

Also, I am saying that the time and effort to upgrade to WinXP on her current hardware just to maybe get one plugin to work... is a waste of time.

you are right.

with me it was a lot more than one plug on windows 98 with .dll errors… :laugh:

keep shinin

got some spare time tonight to fiddle with the gnx4 & seem to have got it going (thanks jerm)& rerecorded the rhytm guitar part. panning the guitars hard left & right as bubba suggested has made a big space in the middle for the vocals & already it sounds much better
we will have a look at what need s doing to rhe vocal tomorrow

my pc has an athlon 1.24 ghz prosessor & its xp after all not windows 98!!
so why wont freequue install? even though ive uninstalled it its still interfering with ntrack at startup

Tina

Quote: (TinaM @ Nov. 12 2010, 4:37 PM)

got some spare time tonight to fiddle with the gnx4 & seem to have got it going (thanks jerm)& rerecorded the rhytm guitar part. panning the guitars hard left & right as bubba suggested has made a big space in the middle for the vocals & already it sounds much better
we will have a look at what need s doing to rhe vocal tomorrow

Tina

Good to hear, best of luck to ya.

Quote:

my pc has an athlon 1.24 ghz prosessor &
its xp after all not windows 98!!
so why wont freequue install? even though ive uninstalled it its still interfering with ntrack at startup

That is not good, I would go over to the R "the name that should not be spoken" forums and investigate that update/patch I mentioned before for that particular Processor and O.S. combination
but the last time but I brought links to error reports from plugs here it made the natives restless....

Anyway I did go to their site (vesco) and couldn't even find the history of the plugs progress anymore, where I read about the Athlon and Xp update.

I don't want to bad mouth the company because they do make good products IMHO, and free no less, but every software has it problems, not just every one of their softwares, so we are all in the same boat.

It sounds like you pretty much got this one wrapped up tho...as bubba pointed out as useful as that plug is EQ might not even be a necessary thing, you sound like you are making a good pocket in their for the vocal to sit!

Did you put any compression on the vocal? and you said you were using that Sure dynamic mic right?

keep shinin

From their website:

Quote:

Works with 64-bit and 32-bit audio hosts running on 32-bit Windows OS (including compatibility for older Athlon processors).

Here: http://www.vescofx.com/vfxFreeQueue

So… not sure what the trouble is unless it’s a n ‘thing’?

Lemme download it and try it in Reapo-matic… hang on…

Back…

Okay, it loads and works fine in Reaps x86 and x64 so I don’t know what to tell you Tina. It’s a simple DLL file. I just unzipped it to my C:\FX folder. That’s where I ‘tell’ Reaps to look for VST effects plugins.

shrug

UJ

EDIT: Of course, in 64 bit Reaper it runs inside Reaper’s brilliant 32 to 64 bit “bridge”… but nonetheless it does work fine. ???
Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 12 2010, 4:59 PM)

Did you put any compression on the vocal? and you said you were using that Sure dynamic mic right?

yes shure unidyne. ive switched off my recording pc but i think weve got the ntrack multiband comppresor, a delay plug & something called vocal intensifier we bought 2 years ago on the vocal

Tina

Whoops… you beat my reply… see up there. ^^^^

UJ

Thanks for trying unblown, ive tried reinstaling it but it just wont work on my computer

http://deathbyguitar.webplus.net/page9.html

anyway heres the new version for anyone whos intrested we couldnt improve the vocal so just redid the rhtythm guitars & panned them L & R then put a load of compresion on it all, still not sure if the vocals loud enuogh?

Tina

Even betterer. I really like this one.

Nice.
:D

definitely sounding better :)

the highs are a bit much for me, but when I put this puppy in the Tape Sim…man did it warm up.
:whistle:

I think the vocals could still go up a little more (or just bring everything else down before mastering) but if they have a bit of frequency peak already in the 1k and up range raising the volume would only make that more predominant.

keep shinin