Who will be the next President of the USA?

Yep… it’s WEIRD… I know… it’s a left wing CONSPIRACY!! Ahhhhh!!! It’s started already! Save your Confederate Money boys! (Whoops… wrong era…)

D

Man, you are gonna be pissed when Obama actually does fix things that the Repubs fubared in the first place.
:p
For once I felt I was voting for someone I believed in rather than a lesser evil. He seems practical and centered enough, not to mention brilliant, that I think he has a chance. I think the man will do right by us. We’ll see though. Getting elected is one thing, getting the job done is another.

No more 1 1/2 year Presidential elections please. It gives certain
entities too much time to **** with things like the world economies.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 05 2008, 4:05 PM)

Man, you are gonna be pissed when Obama actually does fix things that the Repubs fubared in the first place.
For once I felt I was voting for someone I believed in rather than a lesser evil. He seems practical and centered enough, not to mention brilliant, that I think he has a chance. I think the man will do right by us. We'll see though. Getting elected is one thing, getting the job done is another.

No... I will be THRILLED. I am skeptical though. You know me Bubba. I like a bit of balance. Well, it is not balanced at all. It's all Pelosi/Reid now with Obama as the frontman. I do wish him well and hope everything goes great.

D

Here, here Bubba - I couldn’t agree with you more. O-BAM-A!!!

Quote: (Dubious @ Nov. 05 2008, 5:40 PM)

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 05 2008, 4:05 PM)

For once I felt I was voting for someone I believed in rather than a lesser evil. He seems practical and centered enough, not to mention brilliant, that I think he has a chance. I think the man will do right by us. We'll see though. Getting elected is one thing, getting the job done is another.

No... I will be THRILLED. I am skeptical though. You know me Bubba. I like a bit of balance. Well, it is not balanced at all. It's all Pelosi/Reid now with Obama as the frontman. I do wish him well and hope everything goes great.

D

Whatchu been watching? Fox news? :angry: You underestimate the extent to which the system is set up to resist accumulations of power - the 1-person fillibuster is a real block, e.g. - and Obama is seriouly committed to inclusive dialogue - unlike, say, W.
I predict that lots of progressives will think O too conservative, when all is said and done.

When I do get a chance to watch, it’s usually CNN.

D

Well, the system is really set up so that one person can’t screw it up too badly. Astonishly robust, really surprising, if you ask me.

Which one of you dopes is still voting? Obama has gotten two more votes above since he was announced as the winner. You can’t vote after the fact. :p

I’m not saying you are one of them Tom - but I’ve noticed a lot of folks throw that, “You been watching Fox News?” line around a lot. Last friend who layed that one on me I asked him, “Have you ever watched Fox News?”

“Hell no - I would never watch Fox News”

“Ok, Then how do you know what’s on Fox News?”

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 06 2008, 1:31 PM)

I'm not saying you are one of them Tom - but I've noticed a lot of folks throw that, "You been watching Fox News?" line around a lot. Last friend who layed that one on me I asked him, "Have you ever watched Fox News?"

"Hell no - I would never watch Fox News"

"Ok, Then how do you know what's on Fox News?"

Glad my ten-foot pole is in the shop... :laugh:

D
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 06 2008, 1:29 PM)

Which one of you dopes is still voting?
Obama has gotten two more votes above since he was announced as the winner. You can't vote after the fact. :p

HAHAHA, I noticed that.

I hear he’s a shoo-in… it’s just rumour though. < (Note the extra “u” in rumor for our British and Canadian brethren?)

D

Sorry, I meant the Fox news thing as a bit of humor - shouldn’t have said it - and I actually saw the comment made by one of the guests on H&C! :)

“Fox News” of the day,

This just in . . . .

Reported sightings of a “Silver Fox” seen cruising the NTrack forums, this “Silver Fox” is very sly and sneaky when it comes to posting “Yada Yada Tunes”. Be on the lookout for this “Silver Fox” and if encountered getting his autograph/endorsement would be a very smart thing to do! :)

:laugh:

Edit: I don’t think Obama has a chance of winning! :whistle: