Woohoo!! New Wave!!!

Song info

I know this song by dione warwick & always thouhgt it was sublime like all burt bacharach songs from that time.
danny i dont want to be rude but that is the worst thing ive ever heard you do!
we all know what a prolific songriter you are & the talent you certanly have but you dont seem to have any quality control sometimes & post stuff that most of us would bin…sorry
i do like your idea of taking a song like this & doing it the way you see it but its not good to let evryone hear the substanderd stuff we all produce sometimes… do you know what i mean?

Quote: (TonyR @ Dec. 20 2010, 9:28 AM)

tony you wimp you should be doing chirpy chirpy cheep cheep!:laugh:

Lol, okay okay, I just wanted to see how the song would come out as straight rock and roll, without any of the synth/computer crap thrown into it, but I really think what’s throwing everyone off is my singing, lol! I wish I could find someone who actually had a good voice to sing these songs I do, sigh

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Dec. 20 2010, 4:33 PM)

I wish I could find someone who actually had a good voice to sing these songs I do, *sigh*

well i think that should be a priority for you danny
a good singer would give your songs a big boost & a collaberator give a valuable objective opinon

Danny, I think you have a voice with a lot of character. That means it is a good voice. :agree:

Hi bright lights tonight and TomS:

I think it’s good that dannyraymilligan is doing songs, as opposed to dannyraymilligan not doing songs…
I think he’s in a unique creative place…
no one to collaborate with and sound his ideas off, of…
I know what it’s like…
I’ve been there sense 2000…

Sorry dannyraymilligan…
I’m talking about you in the third person…
:p
:laugh:

I don’t hear his voice as being negative or an obstacle in his creativity as much as he needs to discover the niche to position his voice within his creativity…

It would be nice for him to find it all fit together on the next project he does and find his place in the entertainment business… That’s if he chooses to go in that direction…

Then he’d have to go a put and stage together and go out on the TOUR Circuit and make truckloads of money…
What a contemplation to have to consider… :)
:agree:

Bill…

[edit] I forgot to ask… Was Dione Warwick a Motown Singer… ???? I didn’t notice when I read Poppa’s link…

bill you must be the nicest guy out there your always so kind & diplomatic to evryone!

In another thread i said danny sounded like jjcale… another guy with a less than great voice who found the right style music for his voice & made a big carreer.
but finding that style is easier if you have collaberaters to give an objective opinon & say that works or that doesnt.
or you can get someone witha strong voice to sing your songs then you have many more possiblities.

personally im glad i work with bandmates who say tina that guitar part is really good but its wrong for the song… i will get a bit upset but i always come round to seeing there right about it.

i could ignore dannys songs & say nothing i only respond because i think he has talent & needs help

Quote: (woxnerw @ Dec. 21 2010, 4:54 AM)

I forgot to ask..
Was Dione Warwick
a Motown Singer.. ????
I didn't notice when I read Poppa's link..

i dont think dione warwick was with motown but she was like burt bacharachs protegey & he he used her to sing all his great classic songs in the 60s & made her carreer for her.
i may play rock guitar but he is my fave songwriter of all time!

Lol, okay okay, I just wanted to see how the song would come out as straight rock and roll, without any of the synth/computer crap thrown into it, but I really think what's throwing everyone off is my singing, lol! I wish I could find someone who actually had a good voice to sing these songs I do, *sigh*

hmmm...

if only there was some place on the net you could be invited to to have other singers collab with you.... ???

dontcare
Quote: (dontcare @ Dec. 21 2010, 7:01 AM)

Lol, okay okay, I just wanted to see how the song would come out as straight rock and roll, without any of the synth/computer crap thrown into it, but I really think what's throwing everyone off is my singing, lol! I wish I could find someone who actually had a good voice to sing these songs I do, *sigh*

hmmm...

if only there was some place on the net you could be invited to to have other singers collab with you.... ???

dontcare

'THIS' 'IS' 'THAT' 'PLACE'

Version 2 is much improved, timing is better, vocals are much better. Still sounds like you are singing through a wet wool sock…its muffled, and dull. I know you dont like the sound of your voice but try adding some top end to it. I think you might like it better if you made yourself sparkle some.

Quote: (TonyR @ Dec. 21 2010, 7:19 AM)

Quote: (dontcare @ Dec. 21 2010, 7:01 AM)

hmmm...

dontcare

'THIS' 'IS' 'THAT' 'PLACE'

With all due respect Tony,

I don't see a great number of files being posted here for collaborating..mostly Mp3's and well the timing issues kinda hinder any professional tracking.

I'm talking more along the lines of, "Rock song needs drums" post, ISO's...with file's formatted in a medium that can sync up later.

dontcare

someone mentioned Poppa or someone doing guitars a while back but I couldn’t find the post. Probly in that Izotope mess somewhar…

Hey Poppa Willis… That might have been me…

Bill…

Duffman, believe it or not, I had already boosted the highs on the vocals and cut the low-end, and it still sounds just like me (be glad you don’t have to talk to me over the phone, my voice is so boring it will put you to sleep)

I’ve decided to submit a bunch of these tracks to Musician’s Collaboration that Jeremy was talking about. I’ve pretty much submitted them as no vocal master tracks, maybe someone can think of a different storyline for them than I did, perhaps better. Only my originals, however, I don’t believe I’ll be doing any more covers, in the future, except the instrumentals

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Dec. 21 2010, 3:37 PM)

Only my originals, however, I don't believe I'll be doing any more covers, in the future, except the instrumentals

I for one think that is a terrible idea.

If I think back of all the now infamous bands and artist who began their debuts with covers....oh geez too many to mention.

Anyway I don't see what you did as a cover, it could be categorized as a remake and I loves me some remake (when they are done tastefully).

Remakes take a lot more thought effort for me than originals, you have to deal with transposing into a key that fits your range, working on tempos and riffs that weren't in the original,(going retro, modern, punk, acoustic etc etc) and then there is the nuance of vocal expression from the original artist that you have to either decide to emulate and/or incorporate or come up with your own way of handling the melody/feel that could take it so far from the original it no longer is recognizable, which could either be a good or bad thing.....

So much easier to just write a song. :)

dontcare

LOL, the last three “Remakes” I posted here BOMBED with a vengeance. Evidently I pick songs to remake that nobody liked, to begin with

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Dec. 21 2010, 5:36 PM)

LOL, the last three "Remakes" I posted here BOMBED with a vengeance. Evidently I pick songs to remake that nobody liked, to begin with

well, you just described something me and my pops do on a regular, pick obscure B-side tracks from 50+ years ago and make a modern remake!...I would say people didn't like the originals because...well because they were never hits....(which could just mean the A&R people didn't hear a single)

Now you go trying to remake something that was already a hit and most people either liked or disliked that got played over and over on the radio till even the people that did like it were sick of it...now you better do something special to either make it less annoying or more interesting...and if it was something that people liked even after it being over played....man you better be ready to make that puppy fly to the moon and back or you'll catch hell for not living up to the legend...

dontcare
Quote:

and if it was something that people liked even after it being over played....man you better be ready to make that puppy fly to the moon and back or you'll catch hell for not living up to the legend...

LOL, thank God I never posted my version of Stairway on here, huh? Howling mobs in the streets, looking for me with pitchforks and axes....

Anyway, to Duffman, I was playing with the EQ on another song I was working on, and ran across something interesting: No matter how much I boosted the high-end, my vocals seemed to be too thick, but when I cut the midrange to zero, I got a bit of difference in the sound of my vocals... so I went back into "Always Something" and changed the EQ to this, mixed it down and uploaded the song to the same link as before, tell me if the Vox sounds brighter to you, now...