Woohoo!! New Wave!!!

No, I don’t need to hear stairway ever again in my life. :)

that’s one of the burdens of being a musician with a strong memory…

even if you never “hear” stairway again in your lifetime with your ears…
you may still be tortured in your mind when a similar melodic phrase or lyric comes up…
the needle in your mind just finds it’s way into that groove. :laugh:

dontcare

lol, I know that’s right, dontcare

do you two know one another?

Do we need to Tina?

I know his name is Danny :)

dontcare

Neuro scientists have discovered that when you imagine a piece of music, your brain fires almost exactly as it would if you were actually listening to it. So, yep, I will always be tortured by StH. Ack. Help me.

In bands it always used to upset me when people after months of practice couldn’t remember a song…

never thought I would envy that. :laugh:
but unless you need to preform or rearrange a song is there really a need to remember every one you ever heard?

I guess it can go both ways…those whom have a hard time remembering wish they were better at it…careful what you wish for kids.

dontcare

Double DAWG DARE YA!

Actually, that is really good, Poppa, lol!

A haunting bluegrass version of Stairway by Dolly Parton, of all people…

Dolly Parton @ Youtube

As long as we’re doing off-the-cuff covers of classics, hear this amazing version of Freebird by Wynonna Judd

:p

Wynonna Judd - Freebird @ Youtube

No way!

Is that a like, or a don’t like, Tom?

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Dec. 22 2010, 10:01 PM)

Is that a like, or a don't like, Tom?

mostly an expression of astonishment at the very idea of a Judd doing freebird. I couldn't bring myself to listen. :(

What have you got to lose? You might be pleasantly surprised… read the comments on the page from the other first-time listeners who doubted, lol!

I should tell you, I cheated here, a little. I first heard this ten years ago when I bought the Skynyrd Frynds tribute CD. Wynonna said, when asked to do a song, she picked Freebird because she wanted to re-imagine it. She wondered how the original band would have done it, had they grown up with OUR influences and the studio technology we have, today. She set out to do the song as Lynyrd Skynyrd would have, if they’d been a new band in the 90’s, making their first record and growing up with influences other than the 1950’s and 60’s… I thought she did quite well, myself.

OK, I listened, and it sounds like a version done by aging southern rockers. Far too competent, clean, no whiskey in that at all, no smokey bar, but an awful lot of fiber and Centrum Silver. :laugh:

Oddly, one of the stocking stuffers for my son this year is a LS collection. With the LIVE version of Freebird. :agree:

Hey now, don’t knock Centrum Silver! I heard it keeps your wand from wilting…

:laugh:

:agree:

Well…you guys walked into this one :p As they say on a certain UK TV program…“Here’s one I prepared earlier” With the Legendary (Your very own) Poppa Willis on Lead Guitars.

I Will Survive

Cake’s take is my fav’.