Show your studio

More on Dionysis HERE. Sounds like an interesting fellow…

D

PS I envy you Mark. I have yet to see them live onstage. Just a super group of musicians IMO…

Never seen them live, but I’m a big fan. I currently have about 10-11 of their CD’s including Hemispheres. I think right now my favorite is Power Windows. I go through stages, but that’s my favorite at the moment. Hemispheres has been at times also.

For anyone interested in seeing my humble “studio” go to My Studio
I’m building in my garage to make a new room for a dedicated studio. It’s only a matter of money… :laugh:

Cool Doc. I wish I had more room myself. I’m stuck in 10 ft x 10 ft. :(

D

PS I’m on page 4 under my alter ego “gtr4Him”. I’ve been too lazy to change my auto login back… besides, I AM pretty dog gone cynical, so Diogenes seems to fit.

Quote (Mark A @ Dec. 08 2005,15:30)
(I thought the sub-title said "only picts"!

Good one Ali, but I'm not sure if our friends from other parts of the world will geddit. Or perhaps I'm wrong...
At least I did get it :D
(We pride ourselves in Finland for teaching at least some of the history of the rest of the world, too...)

Mwah

I got it too.

Willy - 16692 kilometers from the USA.

<!–QuoteBegin>

I got it too.

Willy - 16692 kilometers from the USA.

Doh, ok then, I’m wrong.

Sorry, forgot the smiley :D

Speaking of picts, did anyone see that King Arthur movie that came out last year or whatever? shakes head in disgust BTW, Dr. Electrode. You have good taste in drum machines. :laugh: What did you say you were doing to control it or whatever? ???

This is mine… although the picture is old, I added a carpet lately. :)

http://files.mikseri.net/pics/view.php?id=64093

MUCH too neat and clean. Throw some dirt, old apple cores and gum wrappers on the floor. You’ll be amazed at the audio improvement! :D

D

Fish, The old Sony dictation machine pedal is just a rocker pedal with a switch on each side. I wired a couple of 1/4" phone plugs to the cord and now it controls the SR-16. Mash the left side of the pedal to start and stop the unit. If the unit is stopped, mashing the right side changes the tempo setting. If it’s running a sequence, mashing on the right side throws in a fill at the next available spot and then changes from Pattern A to Pattern B (or vise versa). I’m a junk collector and occasionally I get to make something like this out of junk! :p

I seem to remember Pink Floyd once upon a time with “Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict”. On Ummagumma (studio album), I think. So apparently Picts could groove, too.???

<!–QuoteBegin>

So apparently Picts could groove, too.???

Not only groove, but on a good day, ridge too! :D

But the most outstanding achievement of my Pictish ancestors was in mathematics.

And the reason the Romans never conquered Scotland was due to Pictish mathematics.

The Roman sword (in the early to mid empire period) was about 16 inches long. The Pictish sword was 3 feet long.

Work out the maths yourself! :D

Alessio - still using the ISIS?

Quote (Willy @ Dec. 09 2005,20:00)
Alessio - still using the ISIS?

Yes! And, proudly, also my trusty PII/450 from 1998. :-)

Ok - so after 7 months of struggling, pleading, promising, praying, stressing and screaming as well as living with friends and family, getting temporary storage (twice) we have moved into our new house.

It is still very rough, but this is what I have now (and previously I rented, now it is mine, so I can build/modify as I want to.

The daw - busy downloading the latest drivers for the screencard…

The little (trusted) spirit folio lite, the JV1010, modem and the DIY breakoutbox for the Delta1010lt.

The corner with the drumkit in it. Under the covers to the left is the PC180 midi controller.

The deumkit a little closer. You’ll notice my Christmas present to myself, the two PD-8 pads from Roland as snare and hihat. The diy triggers works very well, but seeing that the snare and hihat gets used the most, the piezo elements sometimes come loose at the most stupid times. So I decided to buy the pd-8’s. I also have a smoother rimshot solution now.
The kit is gonna stay the way it is now for a while. Homemade cymbal triggers, toms, kick and frame, and the pd-8’s…

A little worksurface where I can now work on stuff and solder without having to try and open up some space to work on.
Will see how long it stays this way.

The other corner. My main amp (dsl401) and guitars are still at church where they’ve been in storage over the moving period.
The one guitar stand is still missing a piece (somewhere in a box)

Hopefully I’ll have the accoustic treatment sorted out shortly as well…

Wihan

Here’s my studio - as simple as it is - Click on About Us

Man, I remember some really nice set ups in this thread…

Nothing like Sad Ass Studio
©, never mind the bloody mattress in the background… :laugh:

The desk:

Some of the axes:

The booth door (Employees only)

The Booth:

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Wow, this is an oooooold thread. Things have changed a bit for me in 5 years.

Main tracking room:

My mixing desk while I was wiring it. I really need to get a current pic of it.

A quartet from a few months back: